Scary stuff...seriously 11-4-'17

@bunnybon7 (33963)
Holiday, Florida
I just read on facebook where people are asking if you use the wipes put in front of walmart and some stores. I always do and now I found more reason to do so and wipe off the cart handle. A friend said some people could have Fentanyl on their hands. I found out this is a really strong pain killer. When I think of all the times I have seen young mothers let their kids actually put their mouths on those handles, I cringe. As for me, not only do I use them but I always wondered why drug stores don't have those? After all, that is where people go that are already sick with things and spreading it. Right? do you use these? For those in other countries, sorry, I don't even know if they have them there. this is USA here. photo is from pixabay free. supposed to be a germ. lol
@topffer (31202)
• France
I learned very early to not suck my thumb and lick my fingers and I do not feel the need to clean the cart and anything I buy before putting it in the cart.
@bunnybon7 (33963)
• Holiday, Florida
good for you. but some kids still do such things
I kmow that Trader Joes n has those wipes ntoo and I alwas use tem then I used to shop there
@bunnybon7 (33963)
• Holiday, Florida
yes. i think the word should be spread too because of the kids
I never use them. I should maybe. Fentanyl is a strong pain killer. My late neice used it while battling cancer. I don't see how anyone could have enough on their hands to leave enough on the cart for it to affect me. So, I am not going to worry myself about Fentanyl on shopping carts. I try to remember to wash my hands frequently and to avoid touching my face.
@bunnybon7 (33963)
• Holiday, Florida
i guess that could help. but like i said, little kids could be affected
@nonersays (2683)
I never used the wipes the stores provided. When the kids were babies I would use wipies from the diaper bag and clean off anywhere their mouths would be. Now that they are older I quit wiping the carts. After all, their hands are EVERYWHERE now and you can't wipe off every surface in the world.
@bunnybon7 (33963)
• Holiday, Florida
true. i never thought of that. just a bit of caution is all i was trying to say
@nonersays (2683)
@bunnybon7 It never hurts to be a little cautious. Specially where the little little ones are involved.
@nanette64 (14627)
• Fairfield, Texas
Yup, the list could go on @bunnybon7 . Front doors to any business, handles on the pumps at gas stations, buttons on the ATM's, bathroom doors at any business, cash money, utensils in the food bowls at self-serve restaurants, products on the shelves in grocery stores.......
@bunnybon7 (33963)
• Holiday, Florida
makes me feel like being like Adrian Monk of that sitcom Monk...lol
@nanette64 (14627)
• Fairfield, Texas
@bunnybon7 Yeah, no kidding.
I see them when I go in, but I've never used them.
@bunnybon7 (33963)
• Holiday, Florida
okay. maybe i am just too germaphobic. lol
@bunnybon7 You're not alone. I see people wiping down the handles all the time when I go to Wal-Mart. I think the only time I might have, was when it was raining, and I wanted a dry handle and seat where I always place my purse.
I do sometimes but I wash my hands so much. I thank God I have never caught anything from a cart.
@bunnybon7 (33963)
• Holiday, Florida
me too but have often wondered if some colds and flu episodes could have come from one of those carts
Dirty things that others use all the time can really make us sick. Cute germ.
@bunnybon7 (33963)
• Holiday, Florida
it is a funny photo. i know. things like this report just makes me more paranoid about germs
@bunnybon7 ......Good way for the bad guys to get us.
@bunnybon7 (33963)
• Holiday, Florida
@celticeagle another truth people are not thinking of
@Shellyann36 (8566)
Our grocery store keeps them at the front and I use them when I think about it. Sometimes, I forget.
@bunnybon7 (33963)
• Holiday, Florida
i have been known to back when i shopped. but would today if i shopped with a child in cart
@bunnybon7 My kids are the kind to lick the cart if I don't stop them. Or at least the twins are. When I take them anywhere like that I make sure to clean the cart. I am lucky that I don't have to grocery shop with them often.
@bunnybon7 (33963)
• Holiday, Florida
@Shellyann36 you are. when mine were small, i about never had a babysitter and most times had to go with several in tow
Our stores do not supply wipes to clean the cart handle, so I always bring mine and I clean the handle before touching it.
@bunnybon7 (33963)
• Holiday, Florida
how cool. good for you. i used to do that myself when i went myself all the time
@bunnybon7 I am so scared by germs and not all people have clean hands.
@bunnybon7 (33963)
• Holiday, Florida
@LadyDuck thats how i feel
I use them and agree that pharmacies should have them as well. Ugh! Germs!
@bunnybon7 (33963)
• Holiday, Florida
yes we have enough we don't even notice
I do not.
@bunnybon7 (33963)
• Holiday, Florida
mostly i am concerned to spread this for the little kids sake
@bunnybon7 hmm. Yeah guess thats true
• Pamplona, Spain
None of that is done over here. However I pick up a couple of their flimsy plastic bags to handle most things like tomatoes and fruit as there are never any gloves any more either. I do what I can but again there are never any wipes to use.
@bunnybon7 (33963)
• Holiday, Florida
some used to just take a bag with wipes in them. probably not as dangerous where you live either
• Portland, Connecticut
I do usually wipe the cart handle with a wipe when they are offered.
@bunnybon7 (33963)
• Holiday, Florida
yes i always did and hope daughter does now that i don't get out these days. good for you. taking care for your family's sake
@dgobucks226 (7693)
There are germs found on so many objects it should be a requirement for all public places to install those wipes.
@bunnybon7 (33963)
• Holiday, Florida
i think so too
Terrifying..I wash my hands so much once I get in the house after shopping carts..yes I use the wipes too.
@bunnybon7 (33963)
• Holiday, Florida
i wash my hands all the time. problem is i live with some people like daughters bf, that i am not sure bothers a lot
@fishtiger58 (30617)
• Momence, Illinois
I always use them I don't want to catch anything.
@bunnybon7 (33963)
• Holiday, Florida
yes me too when i used to go out and shop
@peavey (15770)
I always use them when the store has them. The grocery store I go to most often used to have them but quit. I never thought much about it until they started putting the wipes out, now I do worry.
@bunnybon7 (33963)
• Holiday, Florida
yes we seldom know what we have to worry about until its brought to our attention
That sounds kind of weird for Fentanyl to be on them. I used to be on Fentanyl, but it came in patches that went on the arm. It didn't work for me, it just made me cry. I wonder why your friend heard it was Fentanyl specifically.
@bunnybon7 (33963)
• Holiday, Florida
not sure. it was just one of the things she said could be on the cart. not that it was. just so many things could be transfered to little ones that sit there.
@gnatsmom (850)
I just read and re-posted that article earlier.
@bunnybon7 (33963)
• Holiday, Florida
really? sorry. i did not mean to post the same thing. hope it is not similar. i just posted my thoughts on it