What does Thanksgiving mean to me.

Banks, Oregon
Thanksgiving is a time, that we give thanks for every gift, we are blessed to have in life, many do not have these simple, but great things, that our ancestors worked very hard for. So, we would all have good things and, we enjoy a big feast with our families, for me I have a lot to be thankful for. I have a nice warm home. I have food in my stomach. I have all of you awesome people at mylot. I have the Christmas movies on TV, that inspire me and, give me hope, but most of all I have my Mom, my brother and, my two kids Rooger the Black Lab and, Ghost the cat. Also lets not forget how it all started with the Pilgrims and, Native American Indians.
I love holidays, but Thanksgiving and Christmas are hard for me now that my mom is gone. But I am thankful I still have my dad! I think I'm on my own this Thanksgiving though.
That's what we have to do my friend, not focus on what we've lost, but what we still have :)
@ramapo17 (19028)
• Melbourne, Florida
@TRBRocks420 Absolutely.
Yes =) Lots to be thankful for especially a roof over our home, family & friends.
Amen my friend we are very lucky :)
@TRBRocks420 Yes indeed & of course can't forget food too =)
@UmiNoor (3427)
We don't have Thanksgiving as per your American version but we are always taught to be thankful for all that we have.
Yes, we should always be Thankful.
@ramapo17 (19028)
• Melbourne, Florida
I have always been extremely interested in the Native Americans. My mom use to have a very good friend that was a Native American and when she would come and visit I would invite some of my friends to hear the great stories she told us. All of us were young and paid such close attention to what she was saying. Sometimes she had on music that she always listened to. Her husband was a Colonel in the army.
My Great Grandma had a lot of Native American in her and, always told stories about the old days too, she lived to be 98.
@ramapo17 (19028)
• Melbourne, Florida
@TRBRocks420 My husband and I got to many of the Pow Wows that are popular in the Pocono Mountains in Pennsylvania. I bought more jewelry from them, I actually learned to do some of the dances from them. I have always been fascinated with the American Indians.
Everyday we wake and take a breath is a blessing. Love of family and friends, a home in which to live, warm clothing, food to fill our bellies.
Amen my friend. I am thankful for everyday :)
@TRBRocks420 Absolutely Me too.
Very nicely said. We all have so many things to be thankful for.
Thank you my friend and, yes we are blessed :)
@ramapo17 (19028)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Happy2BeMe Some people can have everything and do not appreciate everything they have.
@ramapo17 That is so true. I do know people like that. It is sad really.
We all have a lot to be Thankful for.
Yes, we are really blessed.
@ramapo17 (19028)
• Melbourne, Florida
Just for being alive is the first thing I can think of.
• Peoria, Arizona
That is very well said. We should be thankful for all we got, the good and the bad, as long as we are alive and got people in our lives who we can love, it is all we need
Thank you my friend and, yes that's what really matters :)
@shivamani10 (10603)
• Hyderabad, India
This is really a great post from you. Thanks to have a good friend like you on mylot.
Thank you my friend.
@miketagz (1346)
This is an old tradition in some countries in respect and give thanks in every blessings. Share it and you'll get ten fold in exchange. It might happen someday.
Very true we should always be thankful.
@kobesbuddy (19424)
• East Tawas, Michigan
You have so much to be thankful for! I have been blessed richly, also:) Our Pilgrims and Native American Indians were our very first ancestors, who started all of this so many years ago! I love to think of what they might have eaten, for their very firstThanksgiving dinner!
Thank you my friend and, yes that would be interesting to hear what they actually had for the first ever Thanksgiving dinner :)
@kobesbuddy (19424)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@TRBRocks420 I've been told that they probably roasted venison, it was very plentiful back then:)
@kobesbuddy Sounds delicious and, maybe a Buffalo or two.
I doubt if we even celebrate this year. We used to eat and then go to the bar. But there aren't any bars in our area that are going to be open.
If nothing else hopefully you can watch the football games at least.
@TRBRocks420 - Oh yes, that's one reason we went to the bar.
• Lakewood, Colorado
Sadly, the holidays are always so sad for me.
Sorry to hear this my friend. I always just remember the good times and, try to make now as good as possible.
• Lakewood, Colorado
@TRBRocks420 Its okay TR thanks...I am used to it, and just try to make the most of it.
Thanksgiving is a good day to give thanks and to help other people.
Amen my friend :)
@ramapo17 (19028)
• Melbourne, Florida
@jstory07 Absolutely.
@TRBRocks420 It is a day to remember what is going good around us and be thankful for what is rather than resentful of what isn't.
Very well said.
I think Thanksgiving is a very big and important festival for Americans. They not only have a big feast, but also spend time for the family. It is just like in Chinese New Year. Family will get together and have a good meal.
Yes, Thanksgiving is a very important day, it's the day we give thanks to God for everything we have and, remember our ancestors, who started Thanksgiving.
It means to me to be grateful for what we have. And not a day shopping, it offends me that stores are open on this day and having sales.
Amen my friend.
@responsiveme (14417)
Yes, we are thankful for so much and it is good that you have a special day to celebrate
Thank you my friend.
@averygirl72 (13731)
Nice reflections about Thanksgiving. I wish we also have Thanksgiving Day in my country