What is your opinion on expensive gift?

My personal view on offering expensive gift is wastage of money and at the same time burden on receiver. This may be a pleasure for person who are rich and willing to spend their surplus money. If someone gift me anything that becomes a burden on me, planning for return gift.
• Peoria, Arizona
If it is something they wanted and I have the money to get it for them, I would do anything I can to get it for them! If they appreciate it, it isn't a waste of money.
Gifting is not a bad and immoral. Really worthy if you have the right circle.
• Peoria, Arizona
@ChoukseyMK If you care for the person, it is worth every penny
@DesirousDreamer, it needs two hands to clap. Well said, we have to care person as well as relation.
@Alian123 (428)
expensive or not, it's still a gift, much better if you'll just treasure it for the sake of the one who gave it. I'll be just thankful knowing that someone had remembered me to the point that he/she had made an effort of giving me a gift
Gift is a token of love and affection.
If I have the money... What's the problem anyway?
For rich people giving gifts is a hobby. And really enjoy.
@ChoukseyMK I can't see any problem with that.
I don't know... If it is given to you with all their hearts why not accept it... For sure they really prepared for it so why waste the effort specially if it is already bought. The only reason why I will not accept it if the motive isn't right. That's the time I will not accept it specially if I am not really close to that person.
You are right. Motive for giving gift by unknown people is important. Duplication sometime is possible.