Saturday Night Ramble

@noni1959 (3260)
I am listening to it rain and water is pouring off the roof. I went out for a minute and quickly shut the door. Welcome back Oregon weather. I love listening to how it hits the roof and since I once again moved to the third floor of the house, I can hear it loudly. I went to California and helped my son move here to Oregon. We flew his wife up first with the kids to get them out of the way. It was not easy but with us two we did two dump runs, donations etc and got the horse trailer I hauled down packed to over flowing. My poor truck did 35 - 40 miles up the passes but we made it. I gave them my area on the bottom floor since it has a kitchen, bedroom, bathroom etc and more privacy. I'll be building a mini house this spring so I can camp out in the spare on the top floor until then. Our foster baby turned a month old yesterday. He is such a joy but his sleep is fretful. My poor daughter walks around like a zombie so I took him tonight to let her sleep awhile. He is such a good baby. We go to the specialist Monday for his special needs appointments. We'll have him awhile but have no idea how long. I hope he will be here for a long time. I should know if I'll set a retirement date next month or go into January soon. I am ready. I'm sorry I haven't been catching up as much as I planned. It's been really crazy the last few weeks with my surgeries, moving my son, the foster baby and work. Have a wonderful weekend.
Sounds like it has been extremely busy for you. Hope you find some time to just relax!
@noni1959 (3260)
Thank you. Me too.
So your son now lives with you. I imagine your life has changed, but you must be happy not to be alone.
@noni1959 (3260)
I moved up here from CA to live with my youngest daughter and family in a tri level. Now my son is here with his family while getting started here then they will go on their own. My oldest will be coming in about a year.
@noni1959 It's wonderful to be able to live near the rest of the family.
@crossbones27 (19603)
• Redlands, California
Sounds pretty awesome for the most part. I am going to become brave like that one day and live free. Sounds pretty neat to me. What made you decide this if you do not mind me asking?
@noni1959 (3260)
Decide to retire? I'm retiring for medical reasons. I do want to live in the mini house for extra freedom and be simple. I am ready for less. I still want to go on the road for awhile.
• Redlands, California
@noni1959 Oh, am sorry you were forced to retire for medical reasons. I think striving to minimalism with what we need is also very liberating. Frees us up to do other things more enjoyable.
@noni1959 (3260)
@crossbones27 I feel simple is easier for living at this stage.
Yes, Oregon weather is officially back and, have a good weekend :)
@noni1959 (3260)
Today it hailed a lot here. It was nice to watch. I hope your day was great.
You've been very busy. I used to do the same thing for my daughter. SHe had her son in 2002 and her husband was less than helpful. So I would take the little guy into my room on Saturday night and take care of him so she could sleep.
@noni1959 (3260)
I've had him all day and he is staying awake for long periods. It has given her a break and reminded me how it was with a little one.
@noni1959 ......Same here. It was a pleasant time for us to bond.
@sallypup (27159)
• Moses Lake, Washington
Busy you and yours. That's nice, family living together. I hope you aren't in too much pain from the surgeries.
@noni1959 (3260)
Thank you. My neck was the largest and still healing but much better.
@sallypup (27159)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@noni1959 That's good to hear.
You are lucky to have your son and his family living with you now. I am completely alone and I can tell you it does not work for the long run but I do my best. Blessings to you all.
@noni1959 (3260)
I have a lot of medical so need near my family. So far I don't burden them but it's nice to have someone near. I hope you won't be alone for long.
@yanzalong (10151)
You too. Have a beautiful weekend.
@noni1959 (3260)
Thank you. I hope you had a nice Sunday.
You sure did a lot of things lately. I hope it all works out for you.
@noni1959 (3260)
It's overwhelming at times. Thank you