The Lazy Donkey

Last night a coup!e of friends and I went out and had dinner at a Mexican restaurant called The Lazy Donkey. I thought that was a weird name. Anyway, they were showing a football game between in state college rivals and periodically one of my friends would yell when her team scored (it was a very informal place). There was another lady in a nearby booth, a stranger, who was rooting for the other team, and every time her team scored, SHE'D let out a yell. Every time either one did that they'd look across the restaurant and apologize to each other. When the other lady left she wished my friend's team good luck. I love where I live. Even rivals are polite to each other. The picture is of Paploo, a Chihuahua my friend rescued from a puppy mill. She bought seven acres in the country so she could rescue animals. So far she has dogs, a couple of cats, and some goats.
I imagine it was not a peaceful meal, I hope you had fun.
It was fun, but I had no idea she was such a loud sports fan. Now I know!
@AmbiePam I avoid restaurants were the TV is on and people watch sport, I love silent romantic restaurants.
It's great that even when cheering for opposite sides, people can be respectful. And it's great that your friend rescues animals, what a cutie Paploo is.
She sneaked Paploo into a store one time. She put him under her shirt. I told her she looked like she had a tumor!
@bunnybon7 (37447)
• Holiday, Florida
oh i love that idea. always wanted to do it but alas never the opportunity . chihuahuas are such little show offs. its like they love poseing for the camera. sometimes the chihuahua side of coco came out too
She is going into debt for those animals. She is a nurse, but she doesn't make enough to adequately support everything.
• Pamplona, Spain
I know I saw her in the photos you posted a lot of times. Sultan our dog hates cameras and cats.
@bunnybon7 (37447)
• Holiday, Florida
@lovinangelsinstead21 yes my sweet baby coco
@kepweng (18654)
• Waikoloa, Hawaii
the name is Hilarious whats the menu?
It has an extensive Mexican menu.
We ate at a sports bar on Friday night, there was lots of screens to see what was going on in different sports, but no yelling or cheering as everyone was watching something different it seemed. I like that atmosphere but I've never been anywhere where they cheer or yell.
Quite frankly, I haven't either! It was so odd as everyone else was kind of like, what are they doing?
What a good person your friend is by rescuing the dog from a puppy mill. I have heard of them.
@responsiveme (16816)
Sounds friendly and fun.
@Srbageldog (8244)
Sounds like you live in an awesome place.
Fun place. That is awesome of your friend.
Sounds like my kind of place!
Your friend is doing a good thing to rescue those animals.
to your friend, and boy is Paploo a cutie pie. Now I'm hungry for chili rellenos.
Very cool dog. I love Chihuahua's.
That's a sweet photo. I'm pleased that the ladies were civilised with each other.
• Pamplona, Spain
Lovely name for a Restaurant "The Lazy Donkey". Here everyone would have shouted at the top of their voices all the time. So that is nice that everyone is polite where you went to eat.
It is always good to see a friendly rivalry. Very cute dog.
@FayeHazel (20033)
Bless your friend for proving a nice home for those animals. :-) That restaurant sounds good and that's cute about the sports fans
A cute lovely pup I am glad you had a lovely time there at the Mexican Ambs. xo
Yikes! At least there were no hard feelings. Some sports enthusiasts good kill! lol. Adorable dog.
I find it interesting that some people can just yell in public for their favorite sports teams like that - I guess I am the silent cheerleader type . Well cool that it was friendly rivalry . Oh my gosh Paploo is just too cute!