Adventures In Pizza

Who doesn't like pizza? Well for one, my sister in law was never fond of pizza. The rest of us all love pizza and everyone has their favorite topping. Instead of cooking last night we decided to get pizza and try the new place that opened in town. It's always risky to try a new place especially when you've been going to the same pizzeria for years. The pizza was really good and it was worth trying the new place. However, I did feel guilty and like I was cheating on our usual place. Now I'm caught between being a loyal customer to our usual place and paying a little more in the new place. Guess we'll be dividing our pizza between places and patronizing both. Do you like to try new places or do you stick to the tried and true?
@alberello75 (19328)
• Genova, Italy
I hardly find a place where the pizza is not to my liking. Even, I like the frozen pizza too!
Iimagie you have som e of tyebest npizz p laces i tye w orld yere i IUaly the 'w
@alberello75 (19328)
• Genova, Italy
@Hatley There are many types of pizza, of my liking
Being from Italy I'm sure you have the best pizza
My brother and I like pizza, my parents and grandparents were never fond of it. There is a place in Italy not far from here that is good. We go there when we want the real thing.
• Uzbekistan
Ah, here we go again. If only the members on this site knew the real thing! I can't but smile when I read that Pizzeria XYZ has 'the best' pizza.
@MALUSE I do not eat pizza here in Switzerland, it's not pizza, at most it's bread with a tomato sauce on it. I like pizza if it has a real pizza crust, it's not soggy and not covered with cheese. There is a pizzeria not far from the border and all the Italian living in my area go there if they want a pizza.
• Uzbekistan
@LadyDuck You're lucky that you live near the border.
@Daelii (6185)
I like trying new places. Its one thing to be loyal and we generally stick to the same places. However, I'd rather go with quality experience and food. As much as I loved subway and ate there regularly when on lunch at work and as easy meals for family. I stopped going after a very bad experience that traumatized my child. I was equally disappointed in the company's reaction to. Thanks to trying new places I found an even better sub place!
I can understand why you would stop going there. I hope your child is ok now.
Sorry you had a bad experience at Subway and you're smart not to go back. Our children come first and I'm glad you found a new place that is even better.
@Daelii (6185)
@Hannihar @Marilynda1225 she gets upset at certain situations, when it comes to ordering food but is slowly getting back to normal. the subway worker went nuts when I asked for no cheese (daughter is allergic to cheese/dairy). it was the first time my daughter had ever seen someone acting so crazy and it frightened her badly! so I try to stick to places that its easy to get safe food for her without it being a hassle (though I still dont know why that subway worker was so nuts).
@rubyriaz007 (4290)
I love pizzas. Whenever I feel to have pizza I go to Pizza Inn or Pizza Hut. They have the best pizzas.I have tried Dominoes also, but Pizza Inn and Pizza Hut are the best places to have pizzas. My family members and I go to Pizza Hut Or Pizza Inn during weekends.
@db20747 (10427)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Yes Pizza hut is still the greatest. Delicious sauce and toppings and cheese melted to perfection.
Pizza Hut is very popular here too
Patronizing both would be the way to go. I am not a great fan of pizza. I like to try new places and make my comparisons.
I'm sure I'll be splitting my orders between places since both seem to have different methods of making pizza.
My sister doesn't like pizza. Lol. I like to try new places every now and then but usually I end up going back to the original it seems.
I know there are people out there who don't like pizza but I think they are in the minority? We seem to keep going to the same place too
@Marilynda1225 Yes they are the minority for sure!
@FayeHazel (21431)
I like trying new places, and of course the ones I seem to like the best are spendy. Wow! I think your sister in law is the first person I've heard of that doesn't like pizza.
I dont' know why my sister in law didn't like pizza...she loves cheese, and all sorts of Italian food in general.
@FayeHazel (21431)
@Marilynda1225 That funny, maybe she hasn't found the right combination of toppings that she likes
When I lived in NYC I always had favorite places and loved to try new places but then usually ordered from all of them in turn however if any one was more expensive I would keep to my old places. Here in Latvia being in the suburbs even pizza can be too expensive to order. I stick to frozen pizza.
I'm sure you can still taste that NY pizza even though you haven't had it in ages. Frozen pizza works when you're in the pizza mood and we always keep one if the freezer for backup.
My husband loves pizza, and he only likes Rosatti's pizza. I will eat pizza from any place that sells it.
I like thin crust pizza and not overloaded with cheese. Our place here has thick crust and it just always seems soggy to me. But, it doesn't stop me from eating it
@Scrapper88 (1332)
I like to try new places to eat every now and then. I also like to go places to eat that I do not eat at very often.
@pitsipeahie (2255)
I also like to try new places once in while for a change. But I'm sure to always go back to my tried and true.
@DEMI12 (736)
• Guangdong, China
Pizza is good.i do not know how to make it, in our country, we always go to Pizza hut to eat pizza. My favorite one is roast chicken pizza.its really delicious! i do not know how is the pizza look like in your places? Maybe it is not the same as ours
We have Pizza Hut here in the US but I didn't know they had roast chicken pizza. That sound interesting.
@DEMI12 (736)
• Guangdong, China
@Marilynda1225 maybe different types in different country Pizza hut? there is in my hometown, but not in the city i live now. Is pizza hut popular in your place?
@peachpurple (12772)
Prefer to stick to the regular pizzahut
Pizza Hut seems very popular for pizza lovers
@peachpurple (12772)
@Marilynda1225 because it is everyone all around the world
There are restaurants where we definitely love the food, but we are also open to trying out new places, just because we can. My parents always stuck to the same restaurants (it was a rare treat) . . . not because they were loyal, but they were creatures of habit - it was easier for them to just stick with what they knew was fine. But we like variety . . . and boy there are many restaurant options these days - it'd be a shame to not try them all .
I don't eat out often so when I do I like to try new places too but for pizza our local place has been our go to. Now the new place has delicious pizza and I'm glad we stepped out of the box and tried them
@Marilynda1225 I think it's good to find other places. I am reminded now of this local family-owned pizza place that was apparently very popular in the neighborhood. We got to try it only once when we moved here - and it was delicious. I guess the kids of the owners took over - and business went down - so eventually the business closed down for good. So many people here were scrambling to find a new pizza place that matched up to theirs!
I love pizza but haven't eaten it very often since I had to put myself on an organic diet, I am allergic to pesticides, herbicides and the hormones and antibiotics used on livestock. These day I make my own using a tortilla as the crust but I have to be in the mood to go to all that trouble ............ I wish pizzerias served organic pizza.
I'm really surprised that pizzerias don't serve organic pizza. It seems that organic is so popular these days that there would definitely be an option to choose from.
I honestly feel that all Pizza should be organic @Marilynda1225 I mean who really wants chemicals, hormones and antibiotics in their food?
• Peoria, Arizona
I love trying new places! Especially since I am not loyal to anyone since I hardly order out anyway. but it is fun to try new things!
I think you have an adventurous spirit @desirousdreamer
• Peoria, Arizona
@Marilynda1225 Yeah a little bit! I just like trying new things and experiences!
@Maya01 (7)
Well, my favorite is dominoes but due to my constant craving and strict budget, I am a regular customer of pizza hut. But my family don't like pizza that much so mostly I am the only one who eats the mini heaven... I mean come on pizzas are love.
Pizza Hut seems to be very popular for pizza lovers
• Edgewood, Maryland
I love pizza i could live off it one of my favorite things to eat
I don't know if I could live off pizza but it certainly comes high on my "must have" foods
I do them all, one always has something the the won`t.
Same here, one place offers something that the other doesn't. I'm always looking for the place that has fried zucchini sticks
I like to try the new places, but I understand what you mean about feeling as if you're cheating. I think splitting the times you go is a good solution.
That's what we'll probably do...split our orders from place to place. Each offers something different