Tonight's Wedding Anniversary Dinner

Today is my one year wedding anniversary. My plan was to go out for dinner somewhere and celebrate. Since my husband works very late tonight that is not going to happen. Instead of ordering take out I am thinking of cooking. Veal oxtail stew and quinoa with spinach is something I am craving for the main course. I have the quinoa with spinach mix at home but no veal oxtail. Will have to go to the local Russian store to see if they have any. If it's fresh I will buy it. If it's not fresh or they are just out of it, I will have to figure something else out. I hope it will be in stock. For appetizer, I am gonna fry up some chicken shumai (store bought) and make some black and red caviar sandwiches. And for dessert, there will be Ben & Jerry's ice cream and then tea with cranberry orange scones. It's gonna be a delicious dinner. Writing this post is making me hungry. Time for a snack! UPDATE: I changed my mind about what I was going to make. On my new menu was beet salad and black caviar sandwiches for appetizer, rib-eye steak, fried yams, and fried shiitake mushrooms with onions for main course, and strawberry cheesecake for dessert (store bought).
@Emmlex1000 (1515)
• Lagos, Nigeria
It will be perfect for u to make it fresh
@Emmlex1000 Yes. I just hope the store has it and that it's fresh. Sometimes meat there doesn't look fresh, even though it may say that it's just been packed.
• Lagos, Nigeria
@lovebuglena just u can nourish it by putting favour on it
• Denmark
If your husband has to work very late tonight, will that be a midnight meal?
@MALUSE Hopefully not a midnight meal (though it's happened before) but sometime after 10 pm. Depends when he actually gets home.
Sounds like you and your husband will have a lovely dinner worthy of a very special celebration!!! Go get that snack!!
@Corbin5 I'm on my way to the kitchen.
@Daelii (2035)
Congratulations! Enjoy dinner with your husband!
@Daelii Thank you. Let's hope what I crave for will come to life.
A happy anniversary to you two! Your meal sounds lovely - cooking at home will make it deliciously special. We often do our celebrating over the weekend . . . it's too difficult to do that during the week when we are all so busy.
@much2say Thank you! As I was walking to the store food store I changed my mind about what I was going to make. Had a totally different dinner, but the black caviar sandwiches remained.
@lovebuglena So what did you end up making? The important thing is you were able to celebrate together .
@much2say I updated the discussion with what I ended up making. It's at the bottom of it.
I hope you were able to make that delicious sounding dinner for your anniversary dinner. I wish you a wonderful anniversary, and many more to follow.
@just4him I actually changed my mind and made something different. And it was delicious.
@lovebuglena I'm glad it was still delicious.
Happy anniversary and happy eating!
@Courtlynn Thanks! It turned out to be a nice dinner.
@nitirrbb7 (938)
That's an awesome anniversary dinner you have planned for the day. God bless you both have a wonderful evening.
It turned out to be great even though we didn't get to go out anywhere to celebrate.
@rubyriaz007 (2505)
Happy wedding anniversary. It is really a wonderful treat for your anniversary. Enjoy your dinner. Have fun.
@rubyriaz007 I really wanted to go out to dinner but I have to say that the home dinner turned out nice. I really enjoyed both cooking it and eating it. The dessert was store bought though.
@thelme55 (11777)
Yummy! Happy 1st anniversary. Enjoy your dinner.
@thelme55 Thank you! Looking forward to it, even though that's not how I wanted to celebrate tonight.