The pets are not accepting daylight savings time

Every morning my cat meowed at 6:50 am for ten minutes until we woke up. 7 am is when we get up for to get ready for school. The cat makes sure I am not late for he breakfast even on weekends. Now with the time change of setting our clocks back an hour the cat is meowing at 5:50 am for an hour an ten minutes until we wake up. I refuse to get up earlier to feed her and hope she adjusts to this tim change soon. Of course her meowing wakes the puppy up too so she cries as well lol. We have had the puppy now for one month today. She will be 12 weeks tomorrow. She has to be with us all the time especially me cuddling on my lap. She cries when we go into the bathroom and she can’t. The photo I posted is over her sitting up next to me sleeping you can see she is still pretty tiny.
Animals do not care of human time changes, they have their own internal clock. The puppy is lovely.
Yes they are pretty amazing with their internal clock accuracy. Hopefully my cat adjusts to the time change soon I don’t like the lack of sleep.
@shaggin Poor cat does not understand why you changed.
@LadyDuck She has adjusted finally I am so glad!
I hope your fur babies adjust soon for you! Adorable picture. =)
I am hoping so as well. It was hard enough with kids but now the pets lol
Your puppy is so cute!! I guess our pets have to adjust to the time change as well as we do. Our pups seem a little confused too
I used to feed my cat at noon to keep her from bugging us in the morning but with the puppy having to be taken outside and fed in the morning so now the cats schedule is earlier too.
She is an adorable puppy. Even humans find it hard to adjust to the time change for the first few days - in time your cat will adjust.
I feel a little bad for her but she’s sure being a pain lol
She is an adorable puppy. My cat does not care about time just so she gets her food.
I used to feed the cat at noon each day so she wouldn’t cry and wake us up in the morning but the puppy has to be fed when she wakes up so that changes things.
@shaggin How many times a day do you feed your puppy Shaggin?
@Hannihar 3 times per day
@BarBaraPrz (17582)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
That's the official or unofficial reason Saskatchewan doesn't go in for the time change: They don't want to confuse the cows.
Is there really places that don’t change there clocks? I thought it was done everywhere!
@BarBaraPrz (17582)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@shaggin No, Saskatchewan doesn't, and a few communities bordering it don't, either.
@BarBaraPrz very interesting I think they are smarter!
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
What a golden beauty she is @shaggin ! We don't have DST, I hope they get used to it. Can you believe it is already a month since you got her? I can't believe time lately!
It is hard to believe that we have had her a whole month but she seems so small that’s hard to believe she’s about doubled her size since we brought her home. I have to weigh her but she’s probably around 7 lbs now.
@bluesa (12836)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@shaggin she is just too adorable!
What a doll your pupster is! Hope they adjust to the time change soon for you. Our kitties adjusted immediately. lol
That is awesome your cats were not effected by the change. Ours have adjusted now thankfully but my son woke up 20 minutes early and went into a rage because I wouldn’t allow him to go downstairs which would wake everyone up. Ugh it’s always something lol!
@shaggin I think those kitties have internal clocks. Us! Lol! They wait until one of us wakes up. Ugh is right! It's always something or other.
@JESSY3236 (5066)
Yes I know. I feel your pain. My black cat, Lily, meowed at 12am and 2:30am. I usually feed her at 4am. Now she lets me sleep until 3:30am.
Oh wow you feed her so early. Is that when you wake up for work?
@JESSY3236 (5066)
@shaggin I work from home and I used to do my work really early. But on Easter I have to get up really early for Sunrise service so I would have to feed her early then.
She is absolutely adorable!!!!!
Aww thank you I think so as well. She is currently cuddled up on my legs while I rest for a bit and catch up on my notifications. She had me running around outside a lot today and I am beat!
@shaggin A puppy can wear a puppy parent out, for sure.
awww she is adorable! You don't need an alarm clock when you have a cat. lol
Probably if I didn’t set the alarm that would be the day she decided to let me sleep in ha ha
@shaggin hahaha probably...that would be a cat for you.
Your puppy is really cute.. I hope they adjust really soon to the itme differences.
It took a few days but thankfully they have adjusted. At least when our clocks get turned ahead I won’t have to go through this ha ha they will be happy to get their food early.
@cahaya1983 (9705)
Such a cute puppy! We don't have daylight saving here, so it's pretty interesting to know this. I hope they eventually adjust though!
I hate that our clocks get changed I think your lucky to not have to deal with this!
Strange that you can adjust to new timings. I am with your cat. I would be like your cat - getting up at the usual time disregarding what the clock would show (lol)
I am always tired so sleeping until the alarm wakes me up is never a problem for me. When I was a teen my internal alarm woke me up about ten minutes before my alarm went off each day.
@LoriAMoore (10132)
Grady the Gray Cat has already changed his internal body clock, thankfully.
That is very lucky! Today the animals let me sleep but my son woke up 20 minutes early wanting to go downstairs which would wake everyone us and I wouldn’t let him. He went into a rage ugh!
Even human beings re not happy when time is changed.
Most people like getting to sleep more during the first night of the time change but I saw some who had to work an extra hour because of it.
@m_audrey6788 (11509)
Oh so cute Got yourself a very sweet and loving family there! I hope your kitty will adjust too so you can rest good
The cat has adjusted to the clocks changing and I am very thankful for that but the past two days my 10 year old son is he one waking me up early lol
@shaggin Oh but why?
@m_audrey6788 I’m not sure it can give anyone trouble adjusting to the time change and I guess his internal clock must be sensitive.
@Theresaaiza (9696)
This totally reminds me of my cat who woke me up every 6 AM - no fail Well, even I am finding it hard to adjust to DST.