Is it good to sleep with a little wet hair?

Photo from google search
Germany
Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening Mylotter Family! I wish you`re all having a great time here mylotting! It`s night time here in my place and had a nice shower but can`t go to sleep right away because my hair is a little bit wet I grew up waiting for my hair gets dry first before going to bed as I always remember my mother saying that it`s not good to sleep with wet hair because I`ll be having a bad headache the next morning What do you think mylotters, Did my mother have a point? Is it really bad to sleep with a little wet hair? Happy mylotting Everyone! Photo from google search
• Denmark
I don't believe for a second that your mother was right. This sounds like an old wife's tale. I wouldn't like the feeling of wet hair on my pillow, though.
I also think the same but I got used to it now Thank you for sharing your thoughts about it
It is unwise to sleep with wet hair. Don't you like using a hair dryer?
It made my hair so dry using hair dryer everyday
I use a hairdryer. I don't like getting my pillow wet. Also, I'd have one heck of a hairdo in the morning if I didn't dry my hair first.
I think I got the same idea about my morning hairdo I really do look like some kind of a monster who happened to woke up from the grave
@m_audrey6788 You and me both!
@DianneN Oh I don`t think we`re the same because you look more beautiful than I do
@Genipher (5278)
My mom used to braid my hair after I took a shower. In the morning it would still be slightly damp but really curly. I never had an issue with headaches...
Oh nice! Thanks for sharing it with me
@aureliah (5766)
I also do the same. Braiding it when wet and the outcome is amazing.
@aureliah Really? I want to see that amazing outcome
I just don't like the feeling of wet hair against my pillow. There have been times where I must not have moved my head all night and my hair is still wet (like the back of my head) in the morning. If I'm not comfortable, then I will not sleep well, and then I know I would pay for it the next day - that could cause a headache for me.
Oh Thank you! I think that`s what I`m feeling too the wet feeling on my head when sleeping and might have a headache
@m_audrey6788 I feel "grossed out" sleeping with wet hair. It really doesn't take too long to blow dry. But preferably I like to wash my hair during the day and let it dry naturally.
@much2say Yes so true! I feel the same but I get problems with my hair if I use blower
@louievill (16638)
Another popular belief in the Philippines is that you would go blind if you sleep with wet hair, I don't know but once I slept with wet hair and my eyes were blurred when I woke up, perhaps a coincidence or something science has to do some research on, needless to say I never did it again to this day.
Oh I think so too That`s why I just followed my mothers reminder but still got me thinking if it`s really true or not
@louievill (16638)
@m_audrey6788 they say it's the steam or " singaw" from the hot blood on your head and the cold drenched water escapes to your eyes, it's good I don't sport long hair anymore
@louievill Oh but it can be true
I am not one to believe all that old stuff. I went to sleep with wet hair yesterday I was fine for sure. This lady would see me when I was little walking bare feet. All the time she would say you will have bad cramps if you don't put on your shoes. I never listened a single day to her. Not a cramp I ever had either.
Thank you for sharing! I think majority had the same thought like yours
@m_audrey6788 thanks very much.
@dgobucks226 (7761)
If you don't want a frizzy head in the morning or hair damage best to dry it before retiring to bed.
Oh Thank you for the informations, I`ll remember that one Thank you for sharing your thoughts and dropping by here! Have a great day and Happy mylotting!
@m_audrey6788 You too!
@dgobucks226 Thanks
@aureliah (5766)
Hahaha. I have never tried that so I wouldn’t advise but maybe she spoke from experience
Oh Thank you for sharing and dropping by here. Yes I also think that my mother just want me not to experience having headache
@aureliah (5766)
@m_audrey6788 you know how mothers are
@aureliah Oh yes
@carebear29 (27122)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
i do it a lot but dont bug me.
Oh nice! Thanks for sharing it with me here
@carebear29 (27122)
• Wausau, Wisconsin
@m_audrey6788 youre welcome
@carebear29 Happy mylotting!
My hair is very thick, and I always go to bed with it wet. I have not had any problems doing that.
That`s nice! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and dropping by here! I think majority said the same like yours Have a great day and Happy mylotting!
@thelme55 (12494)
I can relate to what your mother said as my late mother told me not to sleep with wet hair, too because doing so would make me blind. It is not true. It is just a tale. It is nice to sleep with wet hair and I am not blind.
Oh nice! Thank you for sharing your thoughts You`re right it don`t have any effect on our eyes for being blind Happy mylotting!
Dont think a headache has anything to do with it.. but your pillow will get wet and smelly from being wet.
Yes you`re right Thanks for sharing your thoughts and dropping by here! Happy mylotting!
I've never had a headache from going to bed with wet hair, which I've done many times. What I do end up with is hair that looks like heck and since it dried like that, I can't do anything with it until I get it wet again and can get it to lay down properly.
Oh I think that will not be a problem to me because I tied my hair in the day time Thank you for sharing it with me here
@nomus24g (17398)
I dont think scientifically it is right....
Why?
If you fall asleep with wet hair, it can dry in funky sticking out fashion.
Oh I agree and I`ll look like a monster in the morning
@aureliah (5766)
@m_audrey6788 haha. Try that and share the outcome
@aureliah I`ll think about that but Halloween is already finished
• Portland, Connecticut
I just put a towel on my pillow to protect it and go right ahead and go to sleep, never get a headache from it.
Oh nice idea! I`ll do that next time Thank you for sharing your thoughts and dropping by here! Have a great day and Happy mylotting!
• Portland, Connecticut
@m_audrey6788 you are very welcome
• Preston, England
it would leave the pillow damp and mildewy which might not be nice in the long run
I believe so too! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and dropping by here! Have a great day and Happy mylotting!
@peachpurple (11800)
My mom used to say that sleeping with wet hair brings bad luck
Oh That one is something new to me Why bad luck?
@DEMI12 (588)
• Guangdong, China
Its not good. As you are young, and you will not feel bad if you sleep with wet hair.but as time goes by , maybe when you get about 30 or 40 or below 30. you may have a problem with headache.Just dry it before you go to bed. Use a dryer, It wont cost you too much time but few minutes isok,Do not be so lazy, Take good care of yourself always, especially you are a girl!
Oh Thank you for a good advice I`ll try to dry it naturally because dryer makes my hair so dry Thank you for sharing me good thoughts and dropping by here! Have a great day and Happy mylotting!
@DEMI12 (588)
• Guangdong, China
@m_audrey6788 just buy some Negative ions hair dryer, some good one will not hurt your hairs! protect your head, at young age,you will benefit a lot when you grow up and grow older.
@DEMI12 Ok my friend i`ll try to look Thank you for the advice