Being too honest could be bad

B was talking to me tonight and said he would ust like me to always be honest with him. I would love that as well. But I have no idea what too honest could do. he has been calling me all day. I talked to him and it was nice. But tonight I want to just listen to the tv till I go to sleep. How do I say that without sounding like he is bugging me. He knows nothing about my mental health and trust me I do need a break or I will flip my lid. There is no way I am telling him at this time. I just need a little time off the phone to clear my mind.
Just tell him that you need a bit of space. Be honest.
Oh I am going to try again today Thank you.
• Dallas, Texas
I know the feeling. Sometimes my brother calls me and talks my ears off. I love him but hey, sometimes I will call him and he just says, "I have someone on the other line. Can you call back later?" It can be a problem sometimes. Maybe you need a break from the house and the phone for a few days to just clear your head? Just my 2 cents.
Once I pretended someone was at the door. he waited by the phone for a return call. I was not going to give him. but he turned around and called me back.
• Dallas, Texas
@sharon6345 , Sometimes you have to tell it like it is, like @NJChicaa said. People do need their space. Telling it like it is sounds like the best way.
@lookatdesktop Thanks I am glad you understand.
• Riga, Latvia
He wants honesty so just tell him you appreciate him being there for you but you also need your own space from time to time.
I want to so bad and hope I can find the words to say it.
@peachpurple (9511)
you can tell him nicely , be careful of your tone because some guys are quite petty
Oh that I will do for sure. Thanks.
Honesty is good. There is no way for it to be bad. Being honest to other people is so scarce nowadays as everyone seems to be dishonest even with themselves. Start being honest with yourself and then you will learn to be honest to others. As for your part, tell him honestly about what you feel and what you want. If you need a little space for yourself then let him know. He loves you and you have to trust that he will surely understand you.
I truly hope so because I would be so hurt if he was upset..