Millions of Snakes Brought Millions

By Resh
@rey123 (790)
Just over 25 years ago,160 families in China's Zisiqiao village farmed the land and raised livestock-now they breed more than 3 million snakes every year for food and use in traditional medicine.The peculiar trade of China's snake village was started by a single local farmer,who began by catching wild snakes to sell,and then learned how to breed them at home.His practises soon caught on farming cobra,vipers and pythons has since brought millions of dollars to what was once a poor village..........I did not know that snakes can play a vital role in the economic development of a place.....
@nomus24g (22948)
thats interesting...are u from China?
@rey123 (790)
Yes even I found it to be very interesting....No.I am from India
@nomus24g (22948)
@rey123 Why dont u edit your profile and mention your country..then it will appear beside your handle...
Yes, I heard that indeed that snakes are used by the Chinese people to cure diseases. So, they really earn a lot selling those snakes. That's interesting.