Do you hangout with a foreign man?

@thelme55 (11777)
Germany
Reading the discussion of @maezee reminded me of what I have read yesterday in a comment of my post I posted on G+. An American guy commented on one of my posts and told me he followed me and if I would kindly follow him. After checking his profile, I followed him. He looks kind and friendly. Yesterday when I visited my G+account again, I saw a comment from the same guy and asking me to hangout with him. At first, I thought how can I hangout with him as we are in different parts of the world. Until it was banging in my head. "Sorry, I don't hangout", I replied. I was thinking then why he wanted to hangout with me. I told my hubby about it and we were laughing. WhY? You see, we thought that that man was wanting an Asian woman to be friend with and he thought that I am still young. Lol My profile photo in G+ was myself celebrating my 50th birthday a few years ago in Ireland with my hubby. Now I think I will change my profile to an older me. I think my hubby will have to paint me with wrinkles to scare those kind of men. How would you reacted if it was you who were asked to hangout? This photo has nothing to do with my post but it is a beautiful German train I love to ride.
So 'hanging out' is wanting to be friends with you? I don't really understand the terminology that is used on these sorts of sites.
@thelme55 I'm glad I know that now just in case it every happens to me.
@thelme55 (11777)
@JudyEv yes, it is good to know now.
I had a similar request through a Personal Message even on this site. I simply reply that I do not hangout.
@thelme55 (11777)
Yes, I also reply that way @LadyDuck
• Portland, Connecticut
These days I would be suspicious that it was some sort of a scam to try to get you to send them money at some point, no I do not even respond, I block. Maybe I am too suspicious but one has to wonder!!
sounds like a stalker to me.
• Pamplona, Spain
It depended really as it as more than once. I got out of the situations in different ways.
• Pamplona, Spain
That is a lovely train by the way and I love the steam trains from before whether for real or toys I like them all.
@thelme55 (11777)
@lovinangelsinstead21 yes, it is a lovely train. Whenever we have an event in the city, an old steam engine train is used for public transportation. It is just special event where hundreds of visitors coming to the event.
• Pamplona, Spain
@thelme55 Very good idea. I reckon that most people still like steam trains real ones or toy ones. Its ages since I last went on one.
At least someone found you nice to hang out with and that you are good looking. Luckily, no on asked me to hang out with him here, but I have lots of male friends whom I am friends with.
@thelme55 (11777)
Thanks for the compliment @SIMPLYD . I just donĀ“t like to hang out. When I think about hangout, well, I am already hanging out with our Mylotters here by interacting.
@thelme55 I guess when one is married, we definitely would not want that anymore. Yes, interaction is already enough for us, like this.
@thelme55 (11777)
@SIMPLYD I agree 100%
I don't accept "friends" from men I don't know anymore. One lived nearby, but was engaged and still flirted with me. One wanted me to leave my husband and run away with him. He lives in Russia! Too many creeps out there. It even happens here!
@thelme55 (11777)
That is good @DianneN. Plenty of men like that. Gladfully we are contented with our married life to stay with our men.
@thelme55 Oh, definitely!!!
When I was active on Skype I would get requests all the time from men to add them. I always deleted them.
@thelme55 (11777)
Well done. I am no longer using Skype @just4him
@thelme55 I still have my account, but I haven't used it in over a year.
@responsiveme (14417)
What does hanging out actually mean?
@thelme55 (11777)
Hanging out nowadays means videochatting with you online @responsiveme. Before, hanging out means being with your closed friends doing something, talking, etc.
@thelme55 oh... Well no hanging out for me
@hereandthere (24050)
is your current profile picture in G+ shows you and your husband, or just you?
@thelme55 (11777)
Just me as he was the one taking a photo of me @hereandthere
@thelme55 (11777)
@kepweng (6341)
I agree with your Hubby foreign men really love us filipina
@thelme55 (11777)
So you are a Filipina @kepweng? I was already wondering which country you come from.
@sol_cee (13566)
• Japan
You still have it Thelma-san. Attagirl. ;)
@thelme55 (11777)
Thank you @sol_cee san. What is Attagirl?
@ridingbet (37892)
there are many who are scammers. i know you to be careful, and i hope that man knows that.
@thelme55 (11777)
I am indeed a careful person @ridingbet. Well, experience made me one.
@ilocosboy (33263)
He he, of course when you are married it's not possible anymore
@thelme55 (11777)
Of course it is possible @ilocosboy but I am not a stupid woman and a cheater. I love my peaceful life with my hubby.
@ilocosboy (33263)
@JustBhem (22370)
• Davao, Philippines
I usually don't hang out with stranger. Regardless if I have someone with me. It's okay.
Of course, I would have to say no to anyone asking that. I like the photo very much!!
@sjvg1976 (14552)
This happens with many of the females when they don't put their actual profile pic and age. I have seen lots of people complaining about the same.