Book of the Dead

Riga, Latvia
I have watched the movie “Beetlejuice” with Michael Keaton many times and always chuckled when they mentioned a copy of “The Book of the Dead” informing the recently deceased what to do. Well believe it or not but there is such a book. “The Book of the Dead” was written in Egypt in the 15th century by Sesostris. He was a cattle counter and writer. This book is actually a scroll that measures 20 feet in length. It includes magical spells to help those who are recently deceased to find their way to the afterlife. Today you can find this interesting book in the Austrian National Library.
That is really cool, I seriously thought it was made up!
@1creekgirl (9896)
Man, that is so interesting! By the way, I always liked that movie and especially, Michael Keaton. I loved Mr. Mom. But I don't think we'll have to worry about what to do after we die. God's pretty much got it after that.
• Riga, Latvia
I totally agree with you @1creekgirl unless we wind up on this side like in the movie.
I have never heard of it. Very vool though
@Shortail (863)
Really? It's not a fiction?
• Riga, Latvia
The book is in that library, it was written as if it was true @Shortail