A few words on the redirect ads...

By JJ
First off, even though they have been quiet about it, Admin is working trying to solve the problem. There appears to be a problem with people slipping 'bad' ads into the networks. The only real cure from myLot's point, at this moment, would be to completely discontinue all ads. No ads = no ad revenue = no money for us...period. myLot may pull all ad networks from mobile users if the networks can not soon get this fixed. Let me stress this point - reputable ad networks are where the ads are coming from. myLot is using these networks but can not control the content coming over them. The networks are having problems policing the ads. The ONLY option myLot has, at this moment, would be to discontinue all ads. Now, I know many of us might stay if myLot ceased paying us for a bit...but myLot would not be earning anything without ads, and therefore they can NOT run with no ads. It isn't only a matter of our income, but income to sustain myLot as well. Also, I've been asked to convey this - PLEASE do not post screenshots of the offending ads. Those screenshots violate the policy under which myLot operates with the ad companies and can do more harm than good. Admin stated they are aware of the problem and are attempting to do something that will not cause any of us to take a 'hit' in earnings, but this is something out of their control. The suggestion I have been given is if possible, use a desktop or laptop and do not use a mobile for myLotting. Sorry, but it is what it is. Until the ad networks find the problem, there is nothing myLot can do short of shutting down to prevent us seeing them on mobile.
Thankfully I haven't seen the redirects in a while . . . but hopefully I didn't just jinx myself . I am almost always on the desktop for myLot . . . my fumble fingers just cannot myLot via the phone.
I don't do phoneternet myself, my flip-phone wouldn't like it
@JolietJake I don't think you'd like it either !
@ramapo17 (19051)
• Melbourne, Florida
@JolietJake I don't know how people can do it on the phone all the time. I only do that when I am traveling out if the state. My fingers are to big to do that all the time. I love my desktop.
@1creekgirl (8745)
Appreciate the update. I'm on my desktop right now, but I almost always myLot on my phone. I wouldn't mind not getting paid. but I know the site has to get revenue.
Thanks for alerting us to this dilemma. I always use my laptop due to being cell phone challenged.
that describes me, too - cellphone-challenged! hahaha! that's why i only use my touchscreen phone to read news, play games and take pictures.
@hereandthere You do more with your phone than I do. I stink at using that phone of mine.
Thanks for the update. myLot is between a rock and a hard place. Damaging either way.
Yes, it is. I heard from Bugsy last night and thought I'd pass on what I found out since several people were beginning to be a bit upset (understandably so) with the lack of communication about the problem.
@KristenH (20451)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Thanks for the update. I never use my cell for Mylot, since it has a small screen and tiny print.
Odd. The only redirect I had was on my laptop never my mobile phone. Thanks for the info.
• Dallas, Texas
I hope myLot doesn't suffer long term from this kind of thing. Thanks to whoever suggested your post. I don't use a mobile for myLot.
Thanks for the update.
@m_audrey6788 (11591)
Noted
@gnatsmom (773)
I only use a laptop for my lot anyway. I hate trying to type on those little phones.
@Morleyhunt (16688)
Thanks for explaining it so clearly. I don't mylot much with my cellphone, but lately that seems to be when I have a few minutes. Now I'll just wait until I'm home.
Thanks for the update.
Thanks for that information. I only ever use a laptop and rarely have any problems.
@BarBaraPrz (17547)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
Another reason not to get a cell phone...
@yugocean (4587)
Jail term blocked
@BarBaraPrz (17547)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@yugocean What do you mean?
@CoralLevang (40824)
Thank you for the update
Your suggestion is the best, use the desktop or the laptop to stop the problem. I am going to share your discussion, hoping to reach as many users we can. Thanks for the update JJ, I appreciate.
@LeaPea2417 (15357)
• Toccoa, Georgia
I use a Laptop on here.
@bluesa (12847)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
Thank you for letting know @LadyDuck and thank you for the update @JolietJake
@moffittjc (35706)
• Gainesville, Florida
I much prefer using my laptop over my mobile phone anyway, so this just keeps me pointed in that direction. Thanks for the update.
• Riga, Latvia
Well no problems on my end I work on a desktop PC and I have just a regular mobile.