The Truth About My Parents

@UncleJoe (10882)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Some of the things I have posted about my parents makes it sound like they didn’t love me. They were only jokes. The fact was that Mama and Daddy loved me very much and often catered to my likes and dislikes. They sometimes went the extra mile, (or in my case, 272 miles) to make me happy. I was still pretty small the first time they took us to the mountains. Growing up by the seashore and flat lands, they certainly were impressive. I fell in love with the Blue Ridge. After that, every Spring, just as soon as school let out, as a special treat, my folks would bundle me into the car and drive me to my beloved mountains. I usually found my way back home before school started in the Fall.
@kobesbuddy (55744)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Uncle Joe, you are just like owning a feline. Dump it off fifty miles from home and in three days, it's back meowing at your front door! LOL
@Morleyhunt (21020)
Now my parents probably left one of us behind when they went to the mountains. They left children everywhere they went. Some of us found this emotionally devastating. I was left almost 300 miles from home...they realized I was missing...when there was a sandwich left at lunch. I realize your story has a lot humour...and that's how it was intended...but ask Platespinner. That's not something I like to remember (she was left behind at church).
@UncleJoe (10882)
• Virginia Beach, Virginia
I know it's not funny @MorleyHunt but I lost it when you said that the only way they knew a child was missing was because of an extra sandwich. How could they not miss a whole kid?
@Morleyhunt (21020)
@UncleJoe There were eight of us....and they routinely forgot someone, somewhere. What appalled me the most when I had children of my own....they actually seemed proud of forgetting us. Personally, just once I was very late picking up a child (was busy making supper and forgot the time)....I was mortified....it NEVER happened again.
Heard about the Blue Ridge mountains. I bet you really enjoyed your stay there.
@1creekgirl (12032)
The Blue Ridge mountains really are beautiful. Glad you had all summer to make your way back home.
@sallypup (28651)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I'd love to visit those mountains sometime.
They must have loved you from afar when you were in those beloved mountains!
@cindiowens (3942)
• North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Dang! You got me again!
@nanette64 (17977)
• Fairfield, Texas
I'll bet you just love hiking don't you @UncleJoe !
lol Dropped you off did they? lol I drove a little last year on the Blue Ridge Parkway and I found it very beautiful.
@Ithink (10500)
What an adventure that would be and what a walk to get back!
I have ever been ere but tye pctures nshowi tslovelyin the bleridgeountains I envy you I did ge to the black hikls of my oiwn hgome state they are lovely too