Vocabulary Activate!

Peoria, Arizona
I realize when I am angry or just irritated for whatever reason, my vocabulary intensifies. I say words that are a part of my vernacular, but I don't use that often because I just don't have a reason to. I wonder why I do that...No wonder kids hated me in school. I was always irritated and said big words and it scared people. Whoopies! No wonder I am a writer though because I like learning new words. Anyway, I am off to bed before I cause any more damage here. I don't like doing indirect posts, so I won't do any of that bull. I'm going to go eat a dictionary or something to eat my feelings and learn new words.
I also like to learn new words, but I see that people have a very limited vocabulary.
• Peoria, Arizona
Because vocab isn't a big thing taught in schools anymore and others get kind of lazy.
@DesirousDreamer It was when I was young, we also studied Latin, that was the origin of our mother language (I am Italian).
• Peoria, Arizona
@LadyDuck That is awesome, that is hardly touched on anymore, latin. I mean, in schools they barely teach other languages. Before my freshman year in high school they have I think 7 options for language classes, when I came into high school they only had 3 classes and the rest of the years just 2.
My sister and I are both longtime avid readers, and we let the big words fly when we converse.
• Peoria, Arizona
That is awesome, that is how my mom and I are.
@prashu228 (25811)
All the best. That happens with everyone i guess. Good night
• Peoria, Arizona
Mostly haha
In my writing and poetry I love to play with words it is always interesting. You might enjoy signing up on this site. They give you word of the day and weekly quizzes.
Today's Word of the Day is earthshine. Learn its definition, pronunciation, etymology and more. Join over 19 million fans who boost their vocabulary every day.
• Peoria, Arizona
I am already apart it, but thank you!
@FayeHazel (17981)
I love vocabulary. Enjoy that tasty dictionary
• Peoria, Arizona
It wasn't enough, decided to get a thesaurus haha
@FayeHazel (17981)
@DesirousDreamer Don't forget the encyclopedia set... :-)
• Peoria, Arizona
@FayeHazel gotta get the updated versions though. Might get food poisoning
@RodrickH (8705)
I guess angry enriches your vocabularies,many people in argument say something they never say in usual days,they even make up some vocabularies doesn't exist
• Peoria, Arizona
I think it is because subconsciously, I want to intimidate the person because when you say bigger words, people normally stop talking haha
@RodrickH (8705)
@DesirousDreamer I guess so
@magallon (18090)
If a person is in high emotions, sometimes they do not even recognize what they are saying. Words just come out of their mouth. Learning new words is good. It widens our vocabulary...
• Peoria, Arizona
I knew what I was saying haha I was just arguing and mad, I wasn't fuming.
@magallon (18090)
@DesirousDreamer It happened to me one time too. I got mad to one of the professors in my former work school. He talked in English so talked back in English too. I can't forget it because I do not usually do that.
@dpk262006 (56167)
It is correct that when one's angry one uses his vernacular language to express his/her feelings because it is easier for him to do so.
• Peoria, Arizona
Most of the time people just curse when they are mad.
@dpk262006 (56167)
@DesirousDreamer Yes, you are right.
@ilocosboy (34311)
Now your discussion also activated my find because I just open my mind and what you said was true
• Peoria, Arizona
If you want a good argument, gotta know the big words haha!
@dodoazo (19392)
Dictionary is just a book pr compendium of all works formed, coined, invented by out of the wisdom of people. Those who compiled it are called lexicongraphers. They do it as a business. Those word entries in the dictionaries are classified.
• Peoria, Arizona
Thank you? I know what a dictionary it haha I am a writer after all, I have at least 3 of them.