How to get rid of back pain?

@studylove (2162)
I am feeling a lower back pain. It may be due to my bad sitting posture or lack of exercise. Do you suffer from similar problems? How can we get rid of this problem?
@lady1993 (15625)
you should not stay sitting down for long period of time, try walking around every hour. and when you do sit down, mind your posture
• Nairobi, Kenya
This works well for me though I need to do a lot of work on the posture part.
@louievill (16346)
When I suffer from lower back pain, I sleep with a hot water bag pressed between the affected part and the bed so blood would circulate properly, I seldon or never take any kind of pain killer.
This is excellent for circulation to relieve the pain; however if it is of an inflammatory nature, have you tried Turmeric for its anti-inflammatory properties @louievill ?
Sometimes for me sitting for long periods can do this. Otherwise I would definitely suggest working on your posture. Hope it gets better.
@nangayo (2305)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Walking is also very good for the back.
@rey123 (715)
Yes.It is.My mom when she suffered from back ache used to go for frequent walks
@vvvbbb (20)
Back pain is usually caused by improper posture or sitting. If you sit a lot, try to get up every 30 minutes - an hour and go for a bit. In general, be aware that when you sit or walk your back should be upright. You can also stretch your back, warm the painful area, and massage. Poor / old mattress can cause back pain. If your back pain is chronic, you may want to consult an orthopedist.
what about neck pain? do you have any idea?
@vvvbbb (20)
@dashing101 - I have (: Try to make neck rotations for both sides. Also prolonged staring on the phone can cause neck pain because our neck is in a bent position when we stare at the phone. Do you usually sleep with a high pillow / some pillows? If so, try lowering the height of the pillow or moving to a pillow with a memory sponge - I sleep on one and it is very comfortable!
@rey123 (715)
@dashing101 I've had sevre neck pain....Neck pain is caused due to various reasins.But it happens frequently due to wrong or improper positioning of our head when we sleep at night.Pillow is actually meant for resting the neck but we think its only for the head.....
@rey123 (715)
Stretching increases blood flow to specific muscles, thereby reducing the inflammation that leads to painful, tightened back muscles.......
ok i will try excercise daily, thanks for your reply dear
If the pain is caused by inflammation, the best secret remedy I know of is a spice called Turmeric. Do you have any of this at home @studylove ?
@wongchoiyee (6574)
yes I do have. Maybe if you sit properly, you can avoid back pain.
@Mo0916 (1)
Going to a chiropractor will truly help you with your back pain that you arebhaving.
I heard going to swim will be helpful to it. Even if you don't swim, it is still good to soak in the water. Perhaps the buoyancy will relax your muscles and therefore you will feel less painful.
My lower back pain was due to the way I sit when on the computer. My sister actually sat on one of those big round balls at work so that she sat at her computer properly. I put a lumber back pillow behind my back so that I sit properly. I also do sit-ups and planks to strengthen my core.
try hot water bags, and consult your doctor.
I hurt my back in October and then fell out of my scooter and reinjured my lower back. I use the electric pad so heat will go on it.
@cabhay (365)
Yes right now i am also under going through the same problem and my doctor told me it is a muscular oain due to excessive walking or sitting etc. To get rid of it you need to exercise daily :)
@zaki975 (57)
Whenever i had back pain i sleep straight. And it is very good to get fast result.
• Riga, Latvia
If I do have lower back pain I sleep on a heated pad. You might take a look at this link.
https://www.spine-health.com/blog/6-overlooked-remedies-lower-back-pain-relief
@DEMI12 (590)
• Guangdong, China
just have a good rest and start to do some excerises in the future. its not a big problem, you will be better soon!
@RodrickH (1067)
Standing and go out after you sit for a while