Language Requirement

In high school I was required to take a language for 2 years in order to graduate. I chose Spanish. What language did you choose? Do you still utilize what you've learned from your language class? I actually do, and have become conversational in Spanish haha.
I learnt English for nine years and Latin for seven years.
@DEMI12 (603)
• Guangdong, China
Is latin hard to learn? do u have a Latin teacher?
@DEMI12 Yes, Latin is hard to learn. Of course, we had a teacher of Latin. How else do you learn at school? Latin is useful for Europeans because it's one of the roots of European languages.
@DEMI12 (603)
• Guangdong, China
Most chinese students choose japanese, it depends your location and your culture!
I decided to choose Spanish because it's a very popular language here, and plus.. I already know how to speak Cantonese, Hakka and Toisan.. I found Spanish to be very interesting!
@DEMI12 (603)
• Guangdong, China
@Datazngirl wowo, you know several languages? thats good ! it can help you a lot in the future
@DEMI12 (603)
• Guangdong, China
@Datazngirl u from china?
@Lolaze (3164)
I was supposed to take two years of a language but my alternative school didn’t offer any. Luckily I was accepted into a private university instead of a state university so there wasn’t a problem when it came to getting into college. I would’ve chosen Spanish though. I’m working on learning it now.
I love learning Spanish. I find it very enjoyable!
@DEMI12 (603)
• Guangdong, China
@Datazngirl is it hard ?is there some teachers teaching you ?
@DEMI12 to me it's easy to learn. I used to learn it in high school. Now, I just learn on my own.
@kakah87 (403)
• Semarang, Indonesia
I still learn my English language, I think my English below average.
@cabhay (365)
I chose french in my first year of graduation and i am still so bad at it ??
@louievill (18981)
During my time in college, Spanish was compulsory, we had to take at least 12 units in the University to finish our course, I'm not so sure but now I think its just an elective.
I took Spanish and did just enough to pass. In retrospect I wish I had tried French.
@Morleyhunt (19894)
In high school I studied four years of French, two years of Latin and three years of German. That was many years ago. I don't routinely use anything other than English and some Dutch (learned at home as a child) and now some French as my granddaughter is going to a totally French school.
I did not have to take a language