More Kmarts Are Closing

A few days ago I heard that even more Kmart’s are closing. Years ago, they used to be the place many people shopped at. I hope they don’t all close. There are several things that I like to get there. I like their jeans, purses and shoes. Some people still like to shop there. Hopefully, some of them will stay open. They have some good brands. They used to be so popular and now it seems to be the opposite.
@PainsOnSlate (20535)
My sister and I in Clifton Park in upstate New York would shop at Kmart for camping. We really miss it, it closed about three years ago. We don't have any Kmart's in Canada that I know of.
Our Kmarts in Canada closed years ago. I always missed it though. It use to be one of my favorite stores to shop at.
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
I only know of one still open around here.
@fishtiger58 There is one open still in the town I work in. Hope they don't close it.
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
@Susan2015 the one I know of is in a small town and they don't want it to close either.
Kmart is slowly going out of business and reality is not too much longer in his Amazon driven shopping climate.
@JohnRoberts Hopefully they will still be online for those of us that like to shop there.
All the K-Marts near us have closed too, sad they were our favorite store. Now we just have one a few cities over.
@prashu228 (25504)
Oh that's sad.. hope they don't close all
@prashu228 It is very sad.
@vandana7 (67677)
That is sad. Many people would lose their jobs.
@vandana7 Yes that is true.
I liked them to but they closed here. I love the joe boxer purses.
I think we have one left around here but its in a bad part of town.
@FayeHazel (19951)
Ah ours closed several years ago. I was really disappointed. Like you say, their shoes are nice.
@MKAlubs (452)
It's being called the Retail Apocalypse. The J. C. Penney in our town closed a few months ago and now there are rumors that the Sears will be closing. So many people now do all their shopping on their couch on their smartphones. Soon most small and medium sized towns will no longer have stores. To me, that's kind of sad.
Ours closed a long time ago. My mom loved shopping at Kmart.
Our local one closed like over a decade ago. I believe they merged with Sears . . . but even Sears doesn't seem to be doing well either. I should check to see if the 2 Kmarts nearest to us (still far) will be remaining.
We lost our Kmart stores in Canada quite a few years ago.
Sadly it sounds like K-Mart is doomed. I used to enjoy crossing the border to shop at your K-Mart stores, especially for shoes and casual tops. All K-Mart stores in Canada closed after filing for bankrupsy in the early 90's.
They are not popular here at all. We been lost most of them around here. T max and marshall's have way better stuff.
• Dallas, Texas
Back in the 70s and 80s and part of the 90s we had 3 Kmarts and we went to all 3. Sometimes an item was out of stock at one store so we went to a second one and the third one as they were positioned about 8 to 10 miles apart and it was no biggy to drive to each one to find things one store didn't have in stock. The people were friendly and the merchandise well stocked. Neat store. I miss it here in Dallas. I miss lots of the merchandise that was only sold at Kmart stores. One of my favorite get away places to do some serious shop til I drop.
@lookatdesktop There were two in a town over from us, one closed and then the other one they said would stay open. But it closed also not too much later. There is still one in the town in the other direction over that I work in.
• Dallas, Texas
@Susan2015 That is good so you guys can still enjoy shopping in the remaining Kmart store. I really miss the 3 we liked but we still have Target and Walmart and Dollar Tree and Big Lots to name a few of my favorites.
@lookatdesktop I really like the Dollar Tree too.
@moffittjc (45290)
• Gainesville, Florida
We're down to one Kmart left in my city, and I don't know how it's hanging on. The shelves are always bare, and it seems that the parking lot is always empty. Related to this, I just read that Sears (the company that owns Kmart) is also closing a bunch of its own stores, although our newspaper said our Sears here will remain open. I always hate to see any company go out of business, but the people who manage Sears/Kmart have made one misstep after another for decades. A poorly managed company will not survive in today's cutthroat environment. And it's only going to get worse, as online sales force thousands and thousands of big-box stores to close their doors for good.
The only one in our small town closed. Their prices were to high. I did like shopping there.
@noni1959 (3726)
They are closing another here but said some will stay open. I went to the clearance and got some clothes really cheap.