Is Blood Thicker than Water or Not?

By Resh
@rey123 (792)
No human being can survive without inter-personal relationships.Everybody will have their own family and friends circle to cherish.How important are strong family ties to you? Are strong family ties more or less important than close friendships to you?
@1creekgirl (9057)
Relatives are people blood related to me. Family is my husband, kids, grandkids, a neice and nephew, one uncle a cousin, and a few friends. They're my true family.
I am lucky that we are very united in my family.
@rey123 (792)
I am happy for you.In that way even I feel really blessed.Though we have fights and misunderstandings in my family, at the end of the day we get stuck together like glue......we behave as though nothing has happened.....
I don't believe in blood is thicker than water. Just because someone is related to you does not make them a good person deserving of your support.
@rey123 (792)
I believe that family ties are more stronger than relationships outside the family.Tomorrow if something happens to me I'm sure that my family members will be the ones to be the most concerned ones......I'm not saying that others don't care.....I believe family ties are like strong covalent bonds....Hard to break
• Denmark
It depends on the relatives you have. Some people have relatives who're worse than enemies.
@rey123 (792)
Yes I agree.....Blood can be thicker than water only if the relatives are good..... It depends.....
I can't lie I have had some friends look out for me when no one else would.
@rey123 (792)
Its very fortunate that you have friends who you can lean on during low moments in life.....
Strong family ties are very important to me. Family always seems to provide the most consistent support.
@rey123 (792)
Yes.That is very true......My family has been my pillar of support.....
@Daelii (2940)
In theory, I'd say family should be thicker than water. Its what my grandmother and mom preached. Living life, its not the case. Family doesn't have to care for family, and I've meet some real evil people who are family. So for me? the value of friendship, honesty, and compassion in friends is more important. I want people around my kids that won't hurt them or insult them and to do that, it meant keeping them away from some family,
@rey123 (792)
Yes it is importnt to have honest, trustworthy and compassionate friends......Once we find friends with such qualities they become our family.......
We all need to have family and close friends.
@rey123 (792)
Yes.Certainly......
@Emmlex1000 (1388)
• Lagos, Nigeria
Friend's ties are more important to e than family ties
@cahaya1983 (10187)
Is that because you have family conflicts?
@skydream (1102)
• Agate, Colorado
Friend ties are more important to me because they have proven to be more loyal than family.
@Rusmini (100)
I think family is the most important
@MoonMaa (311)
I believe having good family relationships are very important. More important than friend relationships. I believe family comes first.
@rey123 (792)
Yes.I think the same too.....Both friends and family play a special role in our lives.But I feel family is always extra special
@kiran8 (15347)
• Mangalore, India
It s very important to maintain close family ties because it is not easy especially when you have a large extended family . However, you know you have your family members to fall back on when there is need.
@rey123 (792)
Yes.In life many people come and go.But family is always there to hold us when we fall......
I have friends that are like family to me and they're even closer to me than my siblings.
@rey123 (792)
That is very nice to know.....
@ebanreb (5038)
Yes absolutely. blood is thicker than water. Strong ties between family members.
My family if m life.
@cahaya1983 (10187)
I grew up in a very close-knit family so family ties are very important to me. I have wonderful friends but can't be compared with family. Then again, I'm lucky to have a great family.
I love my family and friends and couldn't live without them.
@nangayo (2305)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Family is more closer and will be the first people you run to in time of need.