Had my interview on Tuesday..

For that lower paying job I mentioned last week. Ugh, it sounded terrible! The hours are longer than my current job, I'd have to work every other Saturday (right now I work like every 3rd Saturday). All that plus the lower pay... Um, no thank you!! So they called me yesterday to do a follow up but I didn't take the call. Then while I was in the shower this morning they called me again. I was getting ready to e-mail the girl and tell her thanks but no thanks... but decided I'd call her instead just to see what the offer is. Well... they offered me more than I'm currently making. They actually offered me more than I even asked for! The benefits are really good, like really really good.. and the company is the 16th best place to work for.. because of this everyone gets an extra 16 hours of paid time off per year in addition to what they normally offer. They also offer bonuses, incentives, and annual raises. Plus, after just 6 months of employment I'd be qualified to be promoted should I choose to be. I called hubby once I got all this information and asked his opinion. Although the hours are longer, I would still only work 40 hours a week.. I'd just have some days where I go in earlier and some days where I leave later (probably not on the same day though). In the end I decided to accept the offer and I gave my current job a 2 week notice. The day after Thanksgiving will be my last day at my current job. That's the 2nd time this year I've changed jobs... and hopefully the last time for a good, long while!
Congrats that's awesome! I hope you love the new job. =)
Thanks, I hope so too!
Congratulations on the new job. I hope you will be happy there.
Thanks, I hope so too!
Hope it works out for you.
It might be worthwhile to try. I guess its hard to say. How badly do you want out of your current job? Lol. Best of luck. That is a hard decisionto make for sure.
How lucky that you decided to talk to the girl! That's really good news. I hope it turns out to be the ideal job for you.
Yeah, I am glad I called just to see. After they told me what the starting pay is I almost didn't bother with the interview. I had to submit info for a background check and I didn't bother the first time around. Then they e-mailed me and called me and asked me to complete the info.. and so I decided to go ahead and try even though I thought it would be less pay. I figured it wouldn't hurt to see what they say. When I found out the hours were longer I was definitely not interested.. until they offered more money!
@katsmeow1213 You must have been meant to take the job as you were a bit half-hearted all the way it seems - until they offered more money!
@JudyEv Yes it seems that way. I do believe everything happens for a reason and sometimes jobs just fall into our laps. It has happened to me in the past.
Congratulations to you! It sounds pretty darn good to me. I hope you love it there!
I hope so too! Now it's just waiting 2 weeks before I can begin. It's so hard to keep going to the old job everyday, especially when things seem to get worse by the day!
@katsmeow1213 Take each day as it comes. Too bad you can't use sick days or personal days.
@DianneN Yeah, it is too bad. I left early yesterday.. and today and tomorrow are shorter shifts. No idea what next week will bring.
Life is full of surprises! Well good that you called them back - oh I'm so thrilled for you! And just like that you will be moving on to a new job with many more potentials and benefits. It may be your 2nd job this year, but a person's gotta do what a person's gotta do - I hope you are happier at this new place!
I hope so too.. but really it can't be much worse than what I'm dealing with now. This current job is pretty horrible.. and I had such a long day today, I'm just so exhausted!
@katsmeow1213 Well, you gave that place a chance . . . if there are happier places to be, then go for it!
I am so happy for you! I wonder what changed their tune on the pay?
Well they told me what the starting pay was, but said it goes up with experience. So based on my experience they decided to offer me more. I didn't think they would. My husband has interviewed for this company before as well and they did not offer him what he was asking for.
@Madshadi (4732)
• Brussels, Belgium
40 hours is just an average I suppose. I would go for it too if benefits are that good. Congrats
@cahaya1983 (9595)
Congratulations! I hope you would like the new job. It sounds really promising especially with all the benefits they offer.
@ebanreb (4747)
How was it my friend?. You pass the interview? Goodluck and congratulations in advance.
@RodrickH (1067)
I have changed job too,when changing job,I don't care what the company offers me,I care about whether the job fits me,I got a well paid job before,I changed my job and the salary is lower than before but I won't complain because I think the current job is fit for me
@KrauseHome (33371)
Awesome that they offered you the job at better wages than what you are making, and have Good benefits. Wishing you the Best.
@KristenH (20418)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Congrats with that job offer.Hope it works out well for you and for a long time. My SIL recently had two job interviews last week.