what is free in your country? in japan almost nothing..

Japan
hello is there anything free in your country? health taxes , food taxes other taxes.. services... what is free in your country.. in japan everything is expensive,espcially vegetables and fruits, so now i grow up vegetables in my garden. i have garlics ,spinach,green onion and onion in my garden.. in japan the only free thing is free wifi and it doesnt make you full what is free in your country? is your country cheap?
@AkoPinay (10101)
We have free Facebook data from network providers. Air is free
• Japan
@cikers (18)
Right air is free, hehe
@m_audrey6788 (15335)
Free Garden around with kids park
• Japan
Thats nice!
Where in Japan do you live? Nothing really "free" here. Some who qualify may get some limited government assistance or food stamps.
• Japan
Everywhere
@pumpkinjam (5801)
Arguably, we have free health care. I say 'arguably' because we pay taxes which pay for point of service health care, and some people have to pay for prescriptions. I wouldn't say this country is cheap. We have several taxes. Pretty much everything is taxed to the point that we seem to pay tax on tax! It's free to visit national museums, and to go to play parks. I can't think of anything else that's free or cheap!
What country?
@Metathresh England
@pumpkinjam Sucks that you get taxed so much. :\
I don't get a bill if I go to the doctor or hospital, but I pay taxes for that. It is free to go into parks, but again taxes pay for the upkeep. I don't think anything is free.
• Japan
yeah, i mean tab water must be free right
@japanesesamurai Well, people in cities have a water bill for their tap water. Out here in the country we have our own well. Once we spend thousands of dollars for a well to be dug we don't pay for the water, but the pump to get it to the house requires electricity. Tap water is free from public fountains but again, taxes pay for that.
• Japan
@paigea yeah ,we think its free but as you said, they pay it with our taxes...
@Ithink (10500)
I cant think of anything that is really free here, at least not for us. I guess if you don't work you can get free stuff, like medical, food stamps and yes even money. Some will work the system to be able to do this. If you don't want to work the system, nothing is free... well maybe air. lol
• Japan
everyone hates working but we have to .. lol
@Ithink (10500)
@japanesesamurai Well if you dont work here and want to you can work the system and get welfare and get it all free, Sad when some of them are better off then ones that work at least I think it is.
• Japan
@Ithink yeah
@ChoukseyMK (1052)
I don't think you get anything free except those provided by nature.
• Japan
There are some things! Like a smile [u][/u]
Are you sure? I traveled Japan three months ago and its water is free. Besides, the booklet and maps for tourists are free of charge, too Here it is free of charge to borrow umbrella in the subway station. You just need to give some deposit and you can get your deposit back anytime later. Of course borrowing books from the library is free, too. Most parks are free to enter and you don't have to buy the tickets.
@Rexion (67)
• Stockholm, Sweden
Well, this is going to be a LONG list. In Sweden, elementary school and even high school is free. Medical treatment is free. Dentist services are free until 21, (will be 23 in 2 years). Well, the list can go on and on. But we pay like 30-60% in taxes so that's why.
• Japan
Sweden is a great company. I have a turkish friend there who is married to swedish girl! If i didnt hate cold, i would live there
@Rexion (67)
• Stockholm, Sweden
@japanesesamurai haha. Yeah. The cold is awful. But it’s actually an amazing country. On the summer it cna get quite hot sometimes.
• Japan
@Rexion my friend always complain about it Sorry i really hate cold but i love norway people
@FayeHazel (19951)
Interesting discussion and good for you gardening for yourself, a healthy, and money saving habit. As for here? Not a lot is free anymore. Wi-fi, free coffee at the grocery store. Food can be inexpensive ... as long as you watch what you buy
• Japan
actually my father in law does more but i am so glad that i have a nice garden..
@FayeHazel (19951)
@japanesesamurai That's great! I love gardening, nice way to not only off set food costs but also get exercise
• Japan
@FayeHazel thanks
@Bluedoll (17052)
Free basic health care but taxes we pay for. Tell me if you know about Tokyo's many tiny shops and stores please? Is it free to start up and have a store? (no permissions, fees or taxes on little people)
• Japan
its exxaclty impossible,its very expensive ..especially you ask me about tokyo. you can get only 1 grape for 2$ sometimes..this is real..because of the rental fee. and @youless i am sure about what?
@japanesesamurai I agree that everything charges high in Tokyo. Especially a watermelon can be quite expensive. When we come home, we have enough watermelons with better price
• Japan
@youless china must be cheap yeah.. and here i buy watermelon from farmer shops.they are pretty cheaper.
So far the air we breathe is free, but, that is about all.
• Japan
maybe in the near future they will sell it too..
@japanesesamurai robbie, I think that all the time and so far still free.
@wongchoiyee (7421)
Free newspaper (only a certain brand) and free water for each household except you don't exceeds the quota (can't remember what the amount already.
• Japan
Free newspaper would be great
Here in the rural area, you can ask for some sardines, fruits, and vegetables for free. But it's not the same in all rural area though. I just happen to live in a community (a sitio) where somehow most of us are related to each other, that's why sharing is a common practice.
• Japan
thanks for the response....
@cherriefic (4805)
From where I am, the fruits and veggies are cheap. Government Hospitals are free.
• Japan
I love fruits. You are lucky
@mysimplelot (1118)
• Asansol, India
Only some internet providers have free plan. But still all things are going up in cost here.
@mesbakh (2581)
in indonesia. all is going to be more expensive too. almost all is not free, including fresh water and salt