No Snow Yet, but Wow is it Cold!

Our fall season is leaving us and bringing the colder weather on its tail. Today the wind is supposed to whip up to 50 mph, and the temps will drop throughout the day. Hubby brought in 50 gallons of kerosene last night to add to the fuel tank. We shouldn't have to worry about running out of fuel for a little while anyway. There was snow forecasted a couple of days ago, but that forecast has gone the wayside. That is the one thing about New England, if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes it is bound to change. So with our winter coats and mittens, we will be heading out the door soon to brave the elements. Glad that there isn't snow yet. Not looking forward to driving in it. May your day be sunny and bright even if there are clouds in the forecast.
Even Scar thinks it is too cold out this morning, he's gone out a few times and came back in within 5 minutes every time
I have to try to convince our older cat to come inside. She came in for a short time last night and went right back out.
@ElusiveButterfly Scar is like "Screw that crap"
@JolietJake my older cat came inside yesterday and plunked herself on the heater vent for the night. She did go back outside today. I am wondering if she will come back inside before I leave for work.
we are getting the same weather here.A big chill.Brrrrrrrrrr
Such fun isn't it? We know it is coming and we still wonder why it gets so cold. LOL.
@ElusiveButterfly yes we do know the snow and cold and blizzard etc will be coming.Though they say a mild winter?
@amadeo I guess we will have to wait and see what Mother Nature has in store for us. Doesn't matter what "they" say we will get. It is all up to her.
We have a the 20-degree temps here, but no snow. The furry pup loves it.
Brrrrrr. I am not liking the cold weather.
• Pamplona, Spain
Ours likes that too but I am trying to get him to sleep or rest awhile he is a bit hyperactive sometimes.
@ptrikha_2 (9670)
@ElusiveButterfly layers of clothing, and caps to wear on head- it makes us so bulky!!
It's cold here today, we had a bit of sun in the morning, but now is dark and gray again.
It is getting dark outside now by 4:30. I do not like it when it gets dark so early.
@ElusiveButterfly It's dark in the morning and it's dark by 5 pm now.
@LadyDuck I am glad that I don't have to travel far to get home if I am out shopping after work. Often times it is dark when I leave the store. It only takes about 15 minutes to drive home.
Not a flake here either, thank goodness, but it's way too cold for me. Even Doodles shook his legs from the cold outside. Poor kitty!
It is supposed to be warmer tomorrow, but night time is chilly. Not a happy camper at the moment. I am a whiner.
@ElusiveButterfly You are hilarious!!! Even Doodles isn't too keen on going out in the cold.
@DianneN I need to find my boots. Buried them after the last snowfall. Now to find them or buy a new pair.
@sol_cee (16906)
• Saint Vincent And The Grenadines
Waking up early is a bit of a struggle now. What with the freezing cold and all.
@ptrikha_2 (9670)
In cold weather, it is the chill rather than the tiredness which makes us lazy in the mornings. Yet we also enjoy having a cup of tea in our blankets or quilts.
@ptrikha_2 (9670)
@sol_cee what are the temperatures at your place now?
We had snow just enough to cover the car windows on Thursday. That was plenty for me.
I haven't seen more than a flurry and it didn't stick thankfully.
Our day was sunny but it looks like it is getting "gloomy" now. snow here yesterday.
Snow seems to be a dirty word lately.
I didn't know you were in NE too! Yes our weather is bananas!
Yes indeed. I tucked between NY, NH, and MA.
@ElusiveButterfly Oohh.. good states to be around.
@Courtlynn Hubby keeps telling me that we will one day head to points of interest near us. We live so close to many, but time and finances keep us grounded.
@BarBaraPrz (20553)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
There was fierce winds last night here and now we're having a snow flurry. And just a minute ago it was nice and sunny!
It won't be long before we get snow that sticks. Not looking forward to it. I can't find my boots!
@BarBaraPrz (20553)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@ElusiveButterfly I know where my boots are but I haven't dug them out yet. (Not looking forward to the snow, either.)
@BarBaraPrz I wish I could wear my sneakers all winter.
• Preston, England
the last few days have been unusually mild here
It will be warmer next week, but only seasonally warm. I'll take it!
• Preston, England
@ElusiveButterfly its a move in the right direction for the thermometer anyway
@bluesa (14320)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
I love that closing and may your day be sunny and bright too! Here we had 98.5F temps, it was like being baked alive. I hope you keep warm though and have a wonderful weekend.
We are getting a cold snap this week, but looks like it will warm up to normal temps next week. Rain is in the forecast for Monday so I hope the cold has gone by then or it will turn to snow.
@bluesa (14320)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@ElusiveButterfly I hope it hasn't turned to snow.
@bluesa it snowed this morning, but not for long.
@Srbageldog (8227)
I guess our current 54-degree temp would seem warm to you guys. But it's cold by California's standards.
I'll take that 54 degree temp!!!
Cold is what happens in winter. Before you know it, it will be too hot!
The hot weather is a long way from now. The winter months are longer than the warmer months.
@m_audrey6788 (13669)
Same here! So cold I hope you got yourself some warm clothes for this season
We have warm clothes, just don't want to venture outside!
@ElusiveButterfly Oh nice! Stay warm there! It`s really cold outside
I don't want snow yet either. I hate walking in the dirty mess. Oh, how beautiful it looks when it first lands.
I would rather stay inside where it is warm to watch it fall from the sky and accumulate on the ground. Hate driving in it.
It only rains here which is a good thing. I do not like the snow.
• Pamplona, Spain
Not very very cold but cold enough to put the stove on for a little while. My youngest bought a gas cylinder as I cannot lift anything too heavy at the moment. So that was very welcome indeed and he finished off all the dinner and more than that.
@Shellyann36 (11278)
Oh, just your words are making me cold. We will be getting our first freeze this week. I am not happy to see it finally come.
It has been warmer for a couple of days. The cold will be here to stay soon I fear. Not liking it.
@Shellyann36 (11278)
@ElusiveButterfly I just saw on the news that it will be in the low 30's this weekend. Luckily, Saturday we don't have to get up and go anywhere early, so no messing with ice on the windshield. However, on Sunday we will head to church. I am hoping that it warms up quite a bit before 9 am rolls around.
@Shellyann36 I am not thrilled with the fact that we are getting rain this weekend. However, it is better than snow.
@kobesbuddy (52923)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Nights in Michigan have dropped down into the 20s this week. Today, it warmed up a bit, which felt pretty good:)