Oh Yes It Did!

Good Friday morning to everyone! Yesterday there was a forecast for our first snowfall of the year. And yesterday was a very messy day here. Over the course of the late afternoon we got a little bit of rain, then when the cold front moved thru that froze and we had a few minutes of sleet, and then it switched over to snow. The snow didn't last too long, but it started back up during the night. And we woke up to a blanket of white. Its very early to have snow. I was a little skeptical when I initially heard the forecast a few days ago, but when I woke up today I thought to myself, oh yes it did. Have you woken up to any snow today?
We had a little bit of sun this morning, but it has already gone. I do not like the color of the sky.
We've had a bitterly cold day. I cannot believe the change from yesterday morning to this morning.
@Juliaacv The weather changes so quickly in our days, one day is hot and the day after is cold winter.
@LadyDuck Its bitterly cold here, but they claim that it will return to normal temperatures next week.
@alberello75 (13178)
• Genova, Italy
Unfortunately I have to say that the snow in my town (Genova, Italy) is not "seen" since the last 20 years. This causes climatic changes, and also the geographical position of my city. It is open on the sea and "crushed" by the mountains behind. This brings a "warm" climate almost all year round. So, nothing snow! (and I'm sorry because snowfall is a very suggestive show!)
I don't hate snow, but it is awfully early for it to be snowing so soon in November.
@alberello75 (13178)
• Genova, Italy
@Juliaacv Actually, in November is too early for a snowfall
@alberello75 I agree with you, but good old Mother Nature thinks otherwise.
I have never woken up to snow in my life.
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate snow, but its far too early for it.
John, I see you live in LA. I grew up with horrible winters and glad to be away from there. Yes, we have winter in Jerusalem but not snow all the time and it usually stays nice till around December or January, February and March.
It is mild and raining here this morning but the temperatures are suppose to take a drop this afternoon and the wind is suppose to really pick up. We are suppose to go from 8 now to -8 by this afternoon so anything could happen.
Its 2 below here today, the normal daytime temperatures are 8-10, so this is quite a cold snap. But right now, the sun is coming out, and it looks so beautiful.
@Juliaacv that is good then.
we had the snow flurries.Very windy and cold for the weekend. The ski area should be glad for they can make snow.This is white gold for us here In NH
It was awfully cold here today, even though the sun was shining. When I left work, it was dark as it was 6pm, the car registered the outside temperature as only -8C, which is cold!!
Thankfully it's still in the 60s and 70s here and hopefully we won't get any snow.
I can offer to send you some if you'd like
Oh no no, I wouldn't want to deprive you @Juliaacv
@JESSY3236 (5066)
no. But it's chilly. It has rained the past two days.
It is very early for us to have had snow, we usually get 1 snowfall before Christmas, I cannot imagine how many we may have this year by Christmas.
• Pleasant Hill, California
We've had some rain here in California as well.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Nope, but I'm in California, about 30 miles from the Coast. I miss waking up to the quiet of a carpet of snow.
The next carpet of snow that comes here you're more then welcome to
@YrNemo (8609)
I am glad to reply 'No'...
No snow here yet. That is an early snow you had. We have had snow on Thanksgiving in the past, however.
This is a very early snow. There is still leaves on the trees!
@m_audrey6788 (11509)
No, Not yet but maybe around December here same as last year I think Stay warm my friend!
Its early for us to have snow in our region also.
When do you usually get snow?
We usually don't get any until January and February.
@Juliaacv Do you get a lot when it snows?
@Hannihar We just moved to this area in the spring. Where we used to live we didn't get a lot of snow, but we will here.
@inertia4 (26882)
No snow here. Just temperatures in the 30's. It is cold today and will be again tomorrow. But it will warm up by Sunday. I am not ready for snow. I wish it never snowed here anymore. But that is asking too much.
I do not hate the snow but I think that its about 6 weeks too early to have snow this season.
@inertia4 (26882)
@Juliaacv I hear you. And I agree. But as I get older, the snow just don't agree with me anymore. I am getting to the point where I have a hard time shoveling it all out of the front of my house. And living in the city makes it worse. There is not where to really toss the snow.
@inertia4 It is harder in the city, but you have less yard and less snow. Last year we found it very difficult with such a large country lot.
Not yet, but considering how cold it's gotten, it should be sticking soon.
We still have coloured leaves on the trees and yet there is snow on the ground still here and there.
@just4him Most of our snow is gone now.
@Juliaacv Ours will be soon.
@sueznewz2 (9381)
• Alicante, Spain
I bet it looked really pretty... like in the post photo... I won't see snow in spain exceptbon top of a nearbh mountain... lol... but I'm secretly hoping to see some when going back and forth to the uk...
We didn't get as much as in my picture-I took that after a wild winter storm a few years ago.
@sueznewz2 (9381)
• Alicante, Spain
@Juliaacv ohhh I see .... that's good....
Wow! It is so beautiful and peaceful! I think we will be excited to it since it will never snow here. Actually today it is very warm here.
I don't mind the snow, but its early for it. I was hoping for a bit more autumn, this feels so much like winter already.
@Juliaacv The global weather has become very weird. Hard to believe that it is still so warm here now. And tomorrow there is a typhoon attack and this is quite odd in autumn.
No, no snow yet. It's getting colder, although you never know with Oklahoma weather.
It was bitterly cold today, but they say that it will warm back up to normal temperatures before too long.
No I didn't. we havent gotten any yet.
@Elizaby (3405)
• Pensacola, Florida
No snow here. If we get snow (about every 10 to 15 years or so) It is generally late January or February that we see snow and it sticks