What Job Would You Never Do?

Free Image by Pixabay
Switzerland
To relax, sometimes I scroll through the YouTube videos to check if there is anything interesting to watch. I usually like crafting videos. A few minutes ago, I noticed a weird video in the list: "Crime Scene Cleaners" (Real Life CSI) I clicked by curiosity, but I closed the video immediately after. What a horrible job to do! After the police and coroner have gone, someone needs to clean up the mess. I hope that at least they are well paid. This made me think what jobs jobs I would never do. Surely not the above mentioned, but also not surgeon, nurse, anything involving blood and nothing that needs to stay in narrow closed spaces. What about you? Is there something you would never do, no matter how much someone you would pay?
@Bluedoll (16823)
That work as a cleaner would be heart breaking in many cases. I had some farmer friends once and they introduced me to some really difficult work. But for me I don't think I could do many jobs that people seem comfortable with. Like for example if I couldn't do food server. If someone complained roughly about the soup I might not accept it. So need to give credit to those that can do it day in day out.
I agree that this would be a heart breaking job. There are many I could not do. I am not a very patient person, I think it would be hard to serve food and stand there listening for complains.
@Bluedoll (16823)
@LadyDuck I suppose like everything they do get nice customers and it makes their day. I guess all service industries seem to be demanding that way. I took care of abusive people while on computer help desk but it was the really nice people that made you want to come to work the next day.
@Bluedoll Unfortunately, you can meet abusive people no matter which kind of job you do. You are right nice people help to go on.
I wouldn't like that one either. I wouldn't be a trash collector. I would hate to smell like garbage at the end of the day, and I understand that one is well paid. Though I do like to see the trash collected.
Trash collector is not funny, I am not even sure they have a very well paid job.
@LadyDuck I was told by a friend who's husband was the city trash collector that it paid well.
@just4him They are lucky in your country, in most countries it's a job that does not pay well, because they do not need graduate people to do that.
at this time cannot think of any.
There are many I could not do, even to be a cop it's not an easy job.
@amadeo do you mean that you could do a lot of "those jobs" that most people do not want to do?
@marlina some.I was a busboy,waiter,trash collector and many odd jobs.But did not last too long. I did like the bus boy and waiting on tables
@Daelii (2037)
I don't want to say never, because I don't want to tempt fate! I'd do anything if it meant taking care of my kids. But I certainly wouldn't want to work any job that included blood, fecal matter, and disgusting bodily fluids!
Those are also all things I do not want to deal with.
@Bluedoll (16823)
And if we look after children we do it. Even a job to look after people's animals while they are out working would require picking up what the big old dog leaves behind. Oh yuck!
@Bluedoll Another thing that it's not for me. At most I can look after cats, but they can be aggressive with people they do not know.
Your discussion kinda' reminded me instead of an article I've read about the most unusual jobs in the world. They're unique and interesting, quite weird though like the professional fart smeller.... hmmm and I don't think I can ever do that job! Here's a link I found in the net, this isn't the exact article I've read but this is similar.
Have you been thinking about making a career change lately? If yes, then why not think outside the box a little? It turns out that there are loads of obscure yet well-paying jobs out there, just waiting for the right kind of person to take up as thei
Oh goodness the last you mentioned is surely weird. I think not as bad as cleaning a crime scene.
@Asylum (47225)
• Manchester, England
Those jobs would pay extremely well. In fact the iceberg mover probably gets a titanic wage.
@Asylum Dangerous job, if the "titanic" mover makes the wrong approach, no pay at all. I see that you wear your red poppy on Remembrance Day.
Yes ibeouldnt want crimen scene cleaner although I know someone who did that. It pays very well because it is so hideous. I also wouldntbwant chicken catcher or janitor.
I would never do a job where I have to kill animals. This is something I would be unable to do.
@LadyDuck Sometimes they just catch the chickens but don't dispatch them, however, it would still be noisy and smelly..chicken farmer in general wouldnt be too cool but my uncle made big bucks with a chicken farm..but I think he quit that to own his own tool and dye.
@snowy22315 One of my uncle had a big pig farm, he grew pigs, but they did not kill the pigs in his farms, they were sold to produce Parma ham.
Sure would not be a trapper of animals for fur or a beater of those baby seals in Canada for their fur. Any job that involved brutally killing animals due to humans wanting something from them would be horrific to me.
The simple idea to hurt an animal makes me sick, I could do nothing of what you mention. Not even kill a chicken.
@rey123 (714)
@LadyDuck Yes.Even I am against inflicting pain on animals unwantedly......Are you a veggie?
@rey123 No, I am not vegetarian, but I do not want to see animals suffer.
I want to be a person like Holmes, but not Moriarty
I would also like to be like Holmes, or Poirot.
@thelme55 (11806)
@LadyDuck that would be a wonderful job to be Hercule Poirot.
@thelme55 I agree, to check all the evidences and to find the criminal. A dream job.
@responsiveme (14417)
The one you mentioned is definitely on my off list. And there are do many that I would absolutely flunk...So I guess I better stick to what I am doing
I have been happy with what I did during my life, but I have to say that I admire people who can do jobs that most people would refuse.
@LeaPea2417 (15277)
• Toccoa, Georgia
Now that you mention it above, I could never do crime scene cleaning or being a coroner.
It's horrible, the short video I have seen immediately made me realize that this is something I could never do.
@LeaPea2417 (15277)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@LadyDuck Another thing, I can not imagine doing is being a surgeon who does heart surgeries or brain surgeries. The sight of blood would make me faint!
@LeaPea2417 Any kind of surgery is not for me, my brother loves this job. We are very different.
@m_audrey6788 (11601)
I can`t be a baggage carrier as I can`t carry heavy load
Well, this is not a job that everyone can do. I am also unable to lift heavy loads.
@LadyDuck So true!
@sol_cee (13594)
• Japan
I can’t be a boss because I don’t want to fire people.
You can be a boss and not fire people, but I do not know how long the company will last.
@rey123 (714)
For me,it is ok to be a boss.But the boss should be fair and square and should'nt fire a person unfairly without any moral basis.......
@rey123 You are perfectly right, a Boss must know what to do.
@vilma143 (462)
• Dipolog, Philippines
@LadyDuck, I am afraid of that kind of job, no matter how much the payment, I prefer to choose to buy and sale business.
Those jobs are horrible, I could never enter a place where people have been horribly killed and go around cleaning the place and removing everything has been stained. I would be sick all the time.
@DEMI12 (596)
• Guangdong, China
yes, buy and sale business, trading business is interesting!
@prashu228 (22864)
Hmm quite difficult question.. as if now i can't be a playschool teacher...
It's not a job everyone would like, not the best for me either.
To be or not to be.That's a question.
It's surely a not to be for me.
@sjvg1976 (14592)
I always wanted to be a surgeon but I could not. I don't like cooking so would never like to do a cooking job.
I would have loved to be a Chef because I love cooking. My brother is a surgeon, I did not even wanted to know what they did when he was in the University.
@rey123 (714)
I would have loved to be a Chef.It is a nice profession.....feeding those who are craving and making mouth watering delicacies for them to enjoy....
@rey123 One of my cousin is a pretty renowned Chef in Italy and he loves his job.
@kobesbuddy (19575)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Working in a coal mine, working in a mental ward, cleaning cages for lions, tigers, leopards, or bear. A lion trainer. Doing trash pickup, cleaning septic systems. Wait a minute, I have to go get sick LOL Just kidding!
There are so many jobs I would not do. I could never be a miner. I have visited a coal mine, I almost fainted. I wonder why I had the bad idea to go visit it.
@kobesbuddy (19575)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@LadyDuck Just to imagine being in a dark cave for 8-10 hours, makes me depressed.
@kobesbuddy I could not resist, I feel that I cannot breath.
@Fleura (6165)
There are plenty of horrible jobs out there, but somebody has to do them. I would do them if I had to. Having suitable protective clothing etc would certainly help!
I faint if I see a pool of blood, so I know that this is surely something I could not do.
@Fleura (6165)
@LadyDuck Luckily everyone has different interests, different abilities, different talents. Otherwise if everyone was like that we would have no meat to eat, no medics to help us when we were injured, no-one to clean our homes if we suffered some terrible accident or disaster.
@Fleura You are right. My brother is a surgeon, he does not care to see blood, or horrible things. He loves his job. I am very different.
crocodile, dangerous, danger, job, show,
Would someone of you do a job like this?
@rey123 (714)
I never would.....Omg look at its mouth.......Looks like it would swallow the man in one gulp.....I would never ever do this job.....because I am scared of crocs
This cannot be called a job, it's a crazy thing that some people do for a little money and it's a foolish thing to do.
• Denmark
I can't give a precise answer. One can get used to many things. But a job which has to be done in a confined space would certainly not be for me.
Even a very nice and well paid job in a confined space is not for me and not even if the job requires to climb high buildings.