Do I have to update my cover photo? Well, do I?

Dallas, Texas
Facebook - by any other name would not be Facebook. I like my current picture on my Facebook Wall. Why change it? Although it has been many years since I posted that original pic of me to Facebook, I think it is a good one and don't really want to update my cover photo. Is it really so important? I am not wanted by the FBI. I am not on the no fly list. My Facebook page is set to the time when I first got on it. So my pic is an older one, but I like it still, so why should I bother updating it?
I have a picture here that my husband liked 20 years ago. I donĀ“t mind. I am not going to change my picture
• Dallas, Texas
, Thank you.
@peachpurple (12770)
I have not change my FB photo either, that is my cat's photo, I prefer to put my cat photo on social medias
• Dallas, Texas
I like your cat's photo. I tried to use an image of myself made using a corel photo paint program to make myself look like a Klingon from Star Trek but others didn't like it much so I went back to using the old pic and that way people can find me no matter where I write stuff online.
@peachpurple (12770)
@lookatdesktop hey, you look cool in that pair of sunglasses, maybe a cap will make you look younger and off the moustache
• Dallas, Texas
@peachpurple , Thanks. my wife loves the mustache so it has to remain. As for looking older. I am already 60, so I am pretty old in my own opinion. LOL
@BloggerDi (922)
It's totally a personal choice.
• Dallas, Texas
, Thank you.
@lookatdesktop I change mine about once a month or so. I like to present different sides of me, my personality, interests, etc. Sometimes through photos and occasionally I'll use a cartoon image. I have a friend who criticizes me (in a joking way) about changing it so often. But if a person has a ceratin pic that represents them well, then they should post and leave it! To each their own.
• Dallas, Texas
@BloggerDi , Yea. When I first started writing articles online, I was told I must provide a real photo of myself, not any other image would suffice. It was just the rules. I began to figure that since I am using my own pic I am recognized as a real person not someone hiding behind an avatar. But I think people who use avatars instead of a real image of themselves it is for personal privacy reasons and I respect their privacy.
@sjvg1976 (18407)
I have a cover photo of my kids there on Facebook . I put it there when they were of 4 years it's been around 6 years when I put the photo there.
• Dallas, Texas
So you like to keep that one there. I am like this. I don't like to have to update my pics as I think I am recognized more by having a constant image that never changes so more people are familiar with it.
@sjvg1976 (18407)
@lookatdesktop I don't do Facebook much so don't update profile and cover photos so infrequently.
• Dallas, Texas
@sjvg1976 , I don't go there often either, myself.
@Ithink (10500)
If you like it you should leave it. I change mine every once in awhile. Right now there is flowers from when we went to the park for our annual Easter egg hunt with all the family. I change it when I get bored basically.
• Dallas, Texas
That is right. Do it when YOU feel like it, not like it was your ID photo for a driver's license, right?
@Ithink (10500)
@lookatdesktop Exactly when you feel like it is when you change it.
@Scrapper88 (1332)
I have the same picture on my Facebook wall since I joined Facebook. I have been on Facebook for around 9 years now.
• Dallas, Texas
That is just great. Why change your pic when it is okay to just leave it like it is? More people recognize you that way and can find you more easily there, right?
Is someone telling you to change it? If you like it leave it.
• Dallas, Texas
I like it, so I am leaving it. Thanks.