Why I wouldn't commit suicide

Italy
There's no religion that holds me back. There's no moral reason, such as "all lives are worth living", that holds me back either. The only motivation is... I believe death is a gift. It's the final destination, a line you cross once the marathon ends. The marathon is mainly about lessons you learn and lessons you teach. It looks like there's plenty to do, one lifetime often doesn't seem to be enough, but maybe someone, Death Herself perhaps, knows how long our journey is, how much we owe. Some of the lessons are about coping with unfortunate mental states, such as depression, anxiety or post-traumatic disorders. I think death is when we're given a reward for our efforts, we'll be praised by the living for our good deeds and we'll be able to get some rest. However, that's a reward we must deserve. Bigger efforts equal bigger prizes. There's no perfect age, I think life isn't about quantity but quality. What about you? What held or holds you back? Well, I thought of making this discussion because a person, who's very dear and close to me, has suicidal thoughts. Photo by Pixabay.
Only things are my mom and my daughter. Wanting to know her when shes old enough for me to, is what keeps me going. Though some days are hard.
@Courtlynn I'm glad family is enough of a motivation for you.
I wis you could understand your friend. I was there a few times and trust me I don't agree with this. I won't lie it's truly beautiful to read but living with all I been through no one ould convince me of this.
@sharon6345 I know it's hard to convince someone, because the only effective person would be oneself, the voices inside are louder than what someone else could say. I wish it was easier, definitely.
@sabtraversa I am so glad to read that for sure. It truly is and I know one tie it was so hard for me that I could not imagine another day like that. I took a bottle off pills and went to bed. It was strange because a neighbor that never came in my house came in and found me. I could not recall a second of it I woke up hours later in the E.R and did not know she found me till. I got home 14 days later. I was blessed
@sharon6345 Wow, you were lucky/blessed you were given another chance.
@Mike197602 (13501)
• Worcester, England
happy birthday
@Mike197602 Thank you!
@EddieHands (32281)
@sabtraversa yes happy belated Birthday! Have a good one!!
@EddieHands Thank you.
@yugocean (4260)
Beat that person, thrash that one, and make that one to change the thoughts.
@yugocean Is that how it works?
@yugocean (4260)
@sabtraversa this will, he/she will understand and remember the beating.
@yugocean I can't beat my mom though.
@YrNemo (7596)
I have too many commitments. They keep me here on this earth, but they also are my burdens in this life.
@YrNemo Cool, it sounds like you have a fighting spirit. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
@YrNemo (7596)
@sabtraversa after turning you into bittered handicaps?
@YrNemo Kinda.
@ridingbet (36439)
My comment is not related to your discussion but I just want to greet us both an ADVANCE HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow. Cheers.
@ridingbet Aww, thank you! We have different time zones and we don't get to see each other very often, glad you remembered our common birthday. Happy Birthday in advance to you too!
@ridingbet (36439)
@sabtraversa i have a vivid memory and i remember that there was a discussion wherein we 'met halfway'. i also believe with my discussion about "i am a Scorpio and a pig", that i knew you are both enjoying the same birthdate.
@ridingbet Yeah, that isn't something that happens very often! I remember that well too. Both 12th Nov Scorpios, both "pigs".
@FayeHazel (10881)
A dark, but beautiful post. I hope your friend gets help
@FayeHazel Thank you. It looks like she's doing better, but she needs a major good thing to improve. It's frustrating when someone doesn't want to seek for help, although she used to in the past, but hopefully a solution will be found in time.
@FayeHazel (10881)
@sabtraversa Im happy she's ok at the moment. Being a good friend is the most you can do :-)
@EddieHands (32281)
What holds me back is that i can still get rich.. and be with my soul mate..also i want to entertain and piss people off as much as possible.. before I die!! lol
@EddieHands Ambition keeps you alive, that's pretty awesome!
@kepweng (5896)
before i want to take my life beacuse of problems i Tried before to drink many sleeping pills!
@kepweng Aww. Glad to hear you're still here, have you found a solution or a way to deal with these problems yet?
What stops me is really the thought of my heartbroken family. My mother already lost a child to sickness. I don't know how it will affect her if I kill myself. I thought of it so many times, even researched the most painless way to go. Thankfully I have my husband who was just there with no judgement and who constantly reminds me how loved I am. I hope you'll be there for your friend too, just be there, let your friend know that you care. It matters, believe me.
@marapplestiffy I see, I had the same thoughts about family too, I'm the only child my parents have, also the only grandchild my paternal grandpa has, they don't deserve to lose me. I also have an epic way to go, but that won't happen. She knows I care, many people would have a really hard time without her, I hope she keeps that in mind all the time.
I love life far too much.
@TRBRocks420 That's a great reason!
I had sducidal thought way back. that I have written a post on this. Many have this.But they work it out.Now and then I think about this.
@amadeo Right, those who were successful are here to prove there can always be hope, the world needs that as well.
@Orson_Kart (4032)
We only get one life, so we should make the most of it. I don't think I do but there's always tomorrow.