UPDATED: Blocked by someone...which surprises me

@CoralLevang (39888)
I just learned that I have been blocked by someone that I have rather enjoyed over the last year here on the site. Honestly, I am surprised by it. I only learned about it when I went to share my love and concern over a post on a medical condition. Of course, I cannot do so now. I understand that not everyone appreciates all others, but I really wish that this person would have talked with me about it. I will continue to keep this wonderful person in my loving thoughts and prayers. UPDATED: Thanks to all who posted. It was, indeed, intentional. And life goes on.
• Denmark
Take it easy. It can be a glitch. I've been blocked by several people I've *never* had any contact with. If you want to know what's what, ask a third party to contact the member in question. I've done that and the result was that the member knew nothing about blocking me. It was a glitch.
@CoralLevang (39888)
Thanks. I appreciate it!
It might not be intentional, especially if that person is using their phone and pressed the wrong button. Let someone know so they can contact that person and let them know.
@CoralLevang (39888)
Thanks. I have contacted someone for that reason. :-)
@kobesbuddy (17105)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@CoralLevang I blocked two people and didn't even realize it!:( Courtney was hurt, to say the least!
@CoralLevang (39888)
@kobesbuddy Yes, I can imagine.
@kobesbuddy (17105)
• East Tawas, Michigan
This really surprises me! You have helped many members on this site, change the way they view things. Why someone has blocked you, is far beyond my understanding! You haven't offended others, on My Lot:(
@CoralLevang (39888)
ROFL Oh, I know I have offended some on myLot. But thank you for the vote of confidence! ;-)
@kobesbuddy (17105)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@CoralLevang But, it's someone you've been communicating with, for over a year! That's a friendship:)
@CoralLevang (39888)
@kobesbuddy No, that is an acquaintance. Friendly, perhaps.
It has got to be a mistake. That seems to happen here.
@CoralLevang (39888)
Maybe.
So sorry to hear that. Maybe it was a mistake.
@CoralLevang (39888)
Perhaps. I will never know unless it comes from the person.
@CoralLevang that is true. I can't understand why anyone would block you.
@CoralLevang (39888)
@Happy2BeMe You are sweet. thank you.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I've only noticed two people that have blocked me and good riddance to them.
@CoralLevang (39888)
I don't know who has or hasn't, except one...now two. LOL
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@CoralLevang I'm sure one of the people is the same for both of us.
@CoralLevang (39888)
@thislittlepennyearns Oh, I'm sure of it! LOL
@Orson_Kart (4042)
I've only recently noticed that I am blocked by at least one person. Such is life.
@CoralLevang (39888)
Want to make it two?
@kobesbuddy (17105)
• East Tawas, Michigan
One member I had to block, he wanted a date and I'm not interested in him!:(
@CoralLevang (39888)
*laughs* I would have asked for access to his bank account first. LOL
@kobesbuddy (17105)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@CoralLevang He sent me a note, then Yuck, what a jerk!
@CoralLevang (39888)
@kobesbuddy I could get really naughty right now, but will keep it to myself.
Yes, that can be shocking, and I am sorry to hear that you were blocked:(, but, I think that says a lot about you that despite what has caused you hurt, you continue to keep them in loving thoughts and prayers-I always said that about you, you are very compassionate person:).
@CoralLevang (39888)
You are so very kind to me. Thank you for the compliment. How is life treating you?
@CoralLevang life is, well, it's been very eventful in the last few months...but, we are all still breathing-so, I take that as everything:).
@CoralLevang (39888)
@HebrewGreekStudies You know MY take on that one!! As long as I'm this side of terra firma, I count that as a plus!!
I have no idea who you're talking about but I hope I hope it was just a mistake.
@CoralLevang (39888)
Me, too.
areyousure thatits not an error on her part maybe she does not ilow that her blodk has been cllicked on ilt hass happened to me IL hdad to clear the block
@CoralLevang (39888)
We shall see. I've asked another to ask.
@Emmlex1000 (1273)
• Lagos, Nigeria
Yes you right thanks for sharing
@yugocean (4287)
There is possibility of accidental block, I myself never blocked anyone here, if somebody find that he/she is blocked by me, then inform me. I didn't.
@CoralLevang (39888)
Well, unless you go through another, you cannot inform someone of a block, as you cannot post to them privately nor publicly.
@yugocean (4287)
@CoralLevang Then you might be send message via someone.
@CoralLevang (39888)
@yugocean As I have mentioned in the thread to several people, I have.. Thank you for the suggestion again. It's a good one.
• Peoria, Arizona
Aww that is a shame.Seems like a lot of people are going on a blocking spree. I hope it is just a bug, but if it isn't then oh well that kind of just happens, it sucks but that is the internet.
@CoralLevang (39888)
Thank you. It was not a bug, but was intentional. Life Must Go On.
• Peoria, Arizona
@CoralLevang That is a shame but you are right, life must go on! We don't need them haters!
@CoralLevang (39888)
@DesirousDreamer I would certainly not call this person a hater. however, when painting a picture, there are some who try using a paint roller to Define detail rather than using a small brush.
It might have happened by accident, sometimes people get into a rush and hit the wrong button and don't even realize it.
@CoralLevang (39888)
Maybe. Not worried about it, but would be nice to know.
You could always message someone to contact the person for you to find out @CoralLevang at least then you'd know for sure.
@CoralLevang (39888)
@rebelann Yes, that was done a couple of hours ago. I hope to find out. Thanks!
@nomus24g (16101)
I am least bothered about others blocking me...I speak my mind and hence not everybody would like it...so its Okay...
@CoralLevang (39888)
I think that we should all speak our minds. But I also believe that we are responsible for our own welfare. I think we need to act in kindness, instead of judgment.
@nomus24g (16101)
@CoralLevang End of the day, you cannot be good to everybody....and for the same reason, not everybody will like what u say...for those doesnt, they will block...simple!!
@CoralLevang (39888)
@nomus24g you are not a tale teller, but a truth teller.
Who in the world would block you? Your such an amazing person with a great heart and love for others. I really hope it wasn't done purposely. It doesn't make sense to me. =(
@CoralLevang (39888)
It doesn't matter. But as I stated in the "update" sentence, it was intentional.
@CoralLevang I'm really sorry.
@CoralLevang (39888)
@LovingMyBabies I simply wish this person well. We all live with our own demons,
@Gillygirl (15292)
• Sutton, England
If it was intentional it's their loss. I have always found you helpful and very friendly.
@CoralLevang (39888)
Thank you...but am also human, and shared a part of self that was painted with a very broad brush stroke in this person's eyes. This is not my issue, but someone else's issue with judgment. I am not going to stop being me because of someone's narrow View of right and wrong, good and bad.
@Gillygirl (15292)
• Sutton, England
@CoralLevang Too right.
@CoralLevang (39888)
@Gillygirl when things like this happen it gives me opportunity for reflection, and then I start writing my more philosophical discussions, as I just did. Haha
• Midland, Michigan
I've been blocked by at least two people here that I know of and I believe it was a mistake for both. One was someone I'd been interacting with for some time and I asked the lamb to check on it for me. It was a mistake and things were fixed. The other was a member I'd see around but didn't interact with much. That one didn't make much sense since I couldn't see the why of the block. Now I interact with that person more. I never did ask anyone to intervene for her, but somehow others may have found they were blocked too and maybe she went through her friends list and found she'd blocked more than she knew and fixed it. I don't know as I never asked. If the person that blocked you is having some type of medical crisis it could be a while before you hear, or they may not see the message for a bit. I'm sure you'll find it's a mistake like we've all experienced. I just remembered a third person, a good friend here. I eventually figured out that I was the one blocking her and not the other way around. You may want to go to the person's profile and make sure you've not blocked her rather than it being the other way around.
@CoralLevang (39888)
All great advice and thank you for sharing the story. It was done intentionally, as this person feels the need to do so.
• Midland, Michigan
@CoralLevang Weird. There are a few folks that have blocked others intentionally, but those are a rarity. Doesn't make much sense to me.
@CoralLevang (39888)
@MarshaMusselman I just know that I have to stop holding on to this one. It's been bothering/hurting me all day.
May be it is an involuntary block, this can happen. Using a smartphone it happens to touch the block button while scrolling a profile.
@CoralLevang (39888)
The reason has been discovered. And it is what it is.
@CoralLevang It's always interesting to know the reason.
@CoralLevang (39888)
@LadyDuck I'm not sure if it is interesting, but it is certainly enlightening.