Plans for the weekend?

@CoralLevang (39715)
It is nearly 6 p.m. and is getting cold (for me) here in the Pacific Northwest of the United States. It is currently 48F/9C degrees. That's a bit colder than I like it, but it was clear today. We are in for a lot of rain coming up; it looks like every day through our Thanksgiving holidays, which is as far as the forecast is shown. There may be one day where there is not any precipitation. I need to call the maintenance crew for our housing area to come clean my gutters which run along the side of the house coming out my front door. Yesterday's rain made it apparent that it is clogged, as it was coming down over the gutter in a sheet. I couldn't walk out of my front door without getting drenched. Tomorrow is Veterans' Day. I may head to the fairgrounds to attend the event they hold each year. It all depends on how I feel about getting out in the rain. I also want to go to the Poulsbo farmers' market for more root vegetables and winter squashes. I know a lot of people in this area (veterans and active duty) who stand in long lines for the free meals that are offered to all veterans, only to drive to the next place to do the same. They make it an all-day event. I doubt I will stop anywhere, if there would be a line, and I certainly would not make the rounds of all businesses who are kind enough to honor us as veterans. It is also fast-approaching the Christmas holidays. I am thinking of making a list of the people that I want to share a gift, and choosing from my "stash" or hoard in the upstairs closet. If I can get things wrapped and labeled now, that is one less thing I need to do this holiday season. I do have much more than I have people to whom to give. I think there may be some toys and games that I can actually donate to the Toys for Tots program put on by the US Marine Corps. I want to get those things to them soon. I also want to figure out if there is a Giving Tree program in our area for gifts for needy families. Again, I can make sure that there are some people who will have a Christmas. Two Christmases ago, I did something for five people from another website. It was something that made me feel wonderful about the holidays. I may do something similar this year, but regret that I cannot do it to send things overseas, due to the cost of shipping abroad. Other than that, I hope to get my cable box hooked up properly to the television so that I can have it on when I am working around the house, and doing laundry. Tonight will be the last dry night, before we start with rain. I think that I am going to shower and dress and make my way out to listen to some local music tonight. I wish I had someone to go with, but I don't have too much trouble going alone and nursing a glass of wine, while listening to some music. What are your plans for the weekend?
@FourWalls (9488)
They conveniently made my brother’s birthday a federal holiday, so I’ll take my favorite Sailor to any one of the restaurants offering free meals for veterans to celebrate. I’m probably going to work on Sunday because I have three concerts next week, and I need to make sure everything is up to date at work in case I stay too late and end up coming in late (or not at all). Salute!
@CoralLevang (39715)
You, too, hon. I'm proud to call you my "sister in service." Enjoy!
@Srbageldog (4790)
Tomorrow is my 10th anniversary with my boyfriend. So we will be going to the Studio Movie Grill in Rocklin (about an hour away from us) that we've been wanting to try out. We've never been to one of those theaters before so we're both looking forward to it.
@CoralLevang (39715)
congrats on the 10 years, Stacy!
@rey123 (537)
Wow.....10 years of love......that too with the same person.....LOL......Awesome.....Stay blessed!!!
@CoralLevang Thank you!
I want to do nothing. Stay in and just clean up the house a little. I have been invited down to the beach for Thanksgiving, not sure if I will go or not.
@CoralLevang (39715)
Hard to believe that Thanksgiving is just a couple of weeks away
I just recently commented on a post that my SIL made on Facebook about an upcoming performance by a local band. I would love to one day be able to adult again. This hasn't happened in a long time. Heck, I wouldn't even need to drink adult beverages! Just the thought of being in the company of other adults and not having to chase a 2 year old around would be delightful. The weather here has been quite cold. Monday it is supposed to rain, but the temps are supposed to be back to what they are normally. I would like a few warm days so I can tend to my garden. Have been putting that task off. Yes, I am a procrastinator!
@CoralLevang (39715)
The adult things may not be as fun as hanging out with that 2-yo puppy on a Halloween night. I would gladly give up "adult" night for that.
@CoralLevang It was a good time, I will tell you that! However, I do want to have one adult night maybe once a month!
@CoralLevang (39715)
@ElusiveButterfly let the adult come out in you!
No plans at all. Every day is the same for me.
@CoralLevang (39715)
Do I have to come down there and bring a little excitement with me?
@CoralLevang No, I am not going to help you go through boxes of VHS tapes!
@CoralLevang (39715)
@JohnRoberts Too late. I already donated them to the Friends of the Library yesterday.
I haven't decided if I am going to take advantage of the veteran's specials or not.
@CoralLevang (39715)
Here in our area with all the military bases and retirees, you can hardly get in anywhere. I'll likely pass.
@CoralLevang - They have a veteran's breakfast right across the street from us in Manitou. Now that we don't live there any longer, it would be a hassle getting there and back.
@CoralLevang (39715)
@teamfreak16 I will likely go to the fairgrounds in the morning for the ceremony and see what organizations they have represented at the tables. I might try to get back involved with the DAV or Am Legion.
@peachpurple (9629)
I am looking for a job, nor eplies yet, so I can still my lot for now. Once I get interviews,I won't be here daily. Weekend will be dinning out with my teen
@CoralLevang (39715)
I hope you will find suitable employment very soon.
@CoralLevang thanks, I prefer data entry but you know employers prefer fresh graduates, not a housewife
@CoralLevang (39715)
@peachpurple I know that it seems that way, but there are some who will prefer someone with a little bit more maturity, someone on whom they can rely and trust.
@rey123 (537)
Glad that you are attending the Veterans Day.They are to be remembered always for their sacrifice to the nation...
@CoralLevang (39715)
I try to go. I, too, am I a veteran of both of the United States Air Force and Navy
@rey123 (537)
@CoralLevang Hats off....
@CoralLevang (39715)
@rey123 Thank you.
@Daelii (1189)
I'm hosting another kindness rock painting group this weekend. :)
@CoralLevang (39715)
Where are you located?
@Daelii (1189)
@CoralLevang eastern tn in the USA!
@CoralLevang (39715)
@Daelii I think you may have shared that before and I'd forgotten. I'm sorry.
@LeaPea2417 (14614)
• Toccoa, Georgia
My husband is off this weekend from work. We may take a day trip somewhere nearby.
@CoralLevang (39715)
Enjoy your weekend!
@LeaPea2417 (14614)
• Toccoa, Georgia
@CoralLevang Thank you, you too!
@CoralLevang (39715)
@Morleyhunt (15943)
Sounds like your weekend has been planned. Tomorrow morning...laundry will start my day. Then I need to clean and tidy my house...by next weekend I'll be away for a week. I'd rather be caught up. I also need to mend my granddaughters jacket (new zipper), add straps to her snow pants and if I get a round tuit....Make her a pair of pjs. That should keep me out of trouble.
@CoralLevang (39715)
*laughs* I could still find a way to get into trouble!! I need to get through my laundry and strip the sheets, too. Thanks for the reminder. LOL
@Morleyhunt (15943)
@CoralLevang our elderly parent is doing his best to drive me insane. Tmy running away from home...
@CoralLevang (39715)
@Morleyhunt Yikes. You have your hands full.
@Mila7272 (79)
I wish I had something exciting to report, but I’m planning to take care of the mess in my home. Maybe I’ll come up with something at the last minute.
@CoralLevang (39715)
When when you're done with your mess at home, you can come clean mine up, too?!
no problem
@Lolaze (2865)
• St. Louis, Missouri
Well I didn’t plan it - it I’m sitting here at Dobbs getting two new tires. One of them keeps going flat and I figured I might as well get the second replaced so the car is stable while driving. This will cost me a nice $300 but at least they are good tires! So here I sit with my very crabby mother on one side and a lady having a loud cellphone conversation and put her bridezilla daughter on the other. MyLot is keeping me sane right now!
@CoralLevang (39715)
*laughs* I am glad that myLot is offering you sanity! And I'm sorry to hear about the tires.
@moffittjc (34394)
• Gainesville, Florida
We had a big Veteran's Day celebration at work yesterday, and even though it was a holiday. a majority of the employees showed up to work to honor our Vets in a nice ceremony. Today, the kids and I plan to attend the downtown arts festival (voted one of the top 10 arts festivals in the nation), so we'll probably have lots of fun there! There's also a pretty cool fall festival going on this weekend at a local winery, so I may take the gf there either later this afternoon or tomorrow. We had a nice cold front come through yesterday, so the weather is going to be nice and cool for outdoor events this weekend.
@CoralLevang (39715)
It sounds like a wonderful time, Jeff. Thank you for sharing this. It made me smile.
@tusziget (189)
Well,I see ,that you have many things to do.It is not very easy.I am preparing too for the holidays,giving a lot of thought,what presents should I buy the the beloved ones.Apart from this,everything is the usual.
@CoralLevang (39715)
I am not buying anything this year. What I have accumulated will be from the shelves I "shop" this year.
@rey123 (537)
My plan for the weekend is to attend a culturals event at my friend's college......Nothing much......
@CoralLevang (39715)
I enjoy cultural events
It never occurred to me that people might go from restaurant to restaurant for free meals. This weekend I am not doing much of anything. I wanted to get groceries, but I might wait until Monday for less of a line. I do hope to get to church Sunday though.
@CoralLevang (39715)
I appreciate it when I am given a discount by showing my card, but to have the audacity to go from place to place just befuddles me.
I am going to check our weather. I don't want to go out in the rain at all. Cold rain sucks big time.
@CoralLevang (39715)
Where are you located, Sharon?
No definite plans yet as I still have a bad case of coughing. Got my self checked up yesterday and it is a respiratory infection. going to get some antibiotics for it. It is a long weekend for us here in Manila as it is the ASEAN Summit. I'll just spend time here in myLot during the weekend and perhaps a trip to the gym later in the day.
@CoralLevang (39715)
I hope that you feel better very soon, Allen.
@CoralLevang thank you.
I plan today (Sunday) to go to a surprise dinner for my brother Stephen who will be turning 50 tomorrow. It's about an hour drive each way, and looks like I may be driving Dad's car since neither he nor Carilyn (his S/O) are supposed to drive after dark...guess it's time to start paying him back for all the rides I got from him as a kid going places.
@CoralLevang (39715)
Have a wonderful time with your family for his birthday! I'm glad that you're having a chance to give back to your dad! Be safe!