A Freakin Psycho, No More Do Gooder

Anniston, Alabama
Today I worked driving, Tony had another treatment so I wait for a couple hours and drove him back home. Two hours drive round trip. All went well. Then I decided to be a do gooder and stop to buy my elderly tenants a turkey and deliver it, they will pay me back and they are expecting it any day. This is 30 more minutes drive but hey! Its time to be nice. I am sure I mentioned this before but for those who do not know they are special needs ( born slightly retarded) and for the most part know how to act right around people. BUT not tonight. I knock on the door and hand the eldest the turkey and the other one walks in th room already talking. The older one tells me she won`t leave her be and continues to nag. The other one takes out her wallet but continues this rant to me about the other one wont allow her to drive. I told her buy her own car and that makes her worst. I step back. Then I told her it did not matter because you dont have a car to drive and I have my hand out for the money. She rants, screaming. I yell " can I have my money?" she reaches in the wallet and hands me the money and I just about run out the door, leaving it open behind me and she is still ranting. I get in the car and Tony said " Yes I know I can hear her." He uses his cell phone and calls her, she never stops the whole time he is trying to calm her down but he did tell her that if her friend was a real friend she wouldd teach her how to drive in her new car. See the oldest is 75 years old and has a drivers license but no car she is saving for one and the sister is 66 year old half blind and falls all the time because she stumbles over her own feet, or curbs. I am sur one of my other tenants will call the police to them, its happened before. No more do gooder for me.
@1creekgirl (8329)
Don't let that keep you from helping others. You have a good heart, Andria.
Maybe I need to help other people and not so many special needs people.
@andriaperry That might be a good resolution.
It is always really disappointing - and maddening - when we try to do the right thing and it all goes haywire. You are a kind person. I hope they behave better next time you see them.
I don`t feel kind. I ran out that door.
Yeah, I wouldn't have the patience for that. At all.
I am seriously tired of them.
@andriaperry - I don't blame you one bit.
It's deflating to do something kind and then the person acts like it was the least you could do.
Well the turkey was really ignored and one wanted help and the other one was wild and ranting about learning to drive and they do now even have a car!
@kobesbuddy (16635)
• East Tawas, Michigan
That is such childish behavior, screaming and ranting like they're the only ones who can hear that noise! If someone does call the police, they will both get in big trouble, for this
I hope they do get in trouble.
@kobesbuddy (16635)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@andriaperry It will serve them right, acting so childish around you and Tony!
od ea that d oes soud dauting but dont forgetto help others kust l eave toseones a lome lool lol lol
I wont forget.
@Ithink (6100)
I think we know better then to think you wont help someone out again. That is who you are and that is what you do. I wouldn't be able to deal with people like that a lot thou. How often do you have to deal with them?
Once a month, but at the holidays more. sometimes they call, the elder when the younger one is like his.
@Ithink (6100)
@andriaperry Ohh a little to much. Ekks!
I wonder if those two should be living together.
They are sisters and always have, so yes nothing will change there.
@Platespinner (18072)
How very frustrating.
Yes it was, but I blew that off and I did not bring that home with me.
@hostessman (6922)
• Tucson, Arizona
you tryied and that is all you can do, just don't let it bother you.. life goes on
I didnt, I left that crazy there and came home with a nice relaxed feeling.
@CoralLevang (39822)
It's hard to know what sets some people off sometimes. You have a good heart, Andria. Hugs.
She has been doing this for years, thinking she can get in a car and drive with no license, not insuance and all at the cost of her sister.
@CoralLevang (39822)
@andriaperry Puzzling, for sure.
And we're supposed to believe that?? Of course you'll be a do gooder again, it's just what cha do but maybe next time you'll have someone with ya so they can distract them from their rants. Hmmmmm, I wonder if they shut up if ya showed up in a Bozo the Clown suit? Just sayin..........
Show up with the police, maybe then they would shut up but its doubtful.
I feel sorry for their neighbors @andriaperry
I understand that they are special need, but this is not the right way to do. I can understand you were upset.
I am learning to walk away, cant help nothing like that.
That's always annoying. I would have got out of there too lol.
I am really really tired of hearing it.
I hate it when you do good to help someone and they act that way. All you can do is turn around and leave.
I feel sorry for the oldest, she has to live there.
@Srbageldog (4803)
Special needs or not, it's unacceptable for them to behave like that (especially the one ranting and raving over nonsense.) I would have hightailed it out of there too.
She needs mental medication.
@kepweng (5805)
its Scarry these must be Prevented!
• Eugene, Oregon
That made for a very unpleasant afternoon.
• Marion, Kansas
The energy they drain can be exhausting, even when YOU are doing the right thing.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
Wow. That's a stressfull situation. Maybe I should bring you some pie and a cup of coffee so you can take a break.