Happy Single Day: November 11, 2017!!!

I hope it is not late. I am not sure how it was started. But Chinese people are celebrating ‘single day’ today. According to my online student, 11/11 (November 11) is a day to celebrate being single. They kept on greeting me all throughout the day. Then, I was thinking why should I have to celebrate being single.lol It was like a sudden strike for me to look a partner.lol All I know, it will come in the right timing and a perfect place to be with somebody. “Do you celebrate ‘single day’? Image Credit: pixabay.com
I haven't heard of it in Australia.
I think it is also being celebrated in South Korea. I am not sure with the rest of Asian countries. In my country, it is not also popular.
@shivamani10 (10686)
• Hyderabad, India
I am looking for a partner. So I am not celebrating it.
That's nice to hear. I am waiting for this special someone and can't wait to meet her.
• Japan
how people can feel happy because of they are single. hard to understand..lol
I agree. I think most Chinese love it because of the sales or discounts and people are on the rush buying such items in China.
I don't celebrate it, but since I am single perhaps I should.
Let us celebrate it, my friend. I am also single.
@ridingbet (37922)
hmmm, i don't know, but i will surely celebrate tomorrow because it will be my birthday. perhaps, that is why single's day is because eleven is written as two 1? 1 as an erect number? hehehe!
Hehehe Happy Birthday, kabsat! Where is my invitation letter?lol
@ridingbet (37922)
@Shavkat thank you kabsat. i did not have a party, we just had brunch after attending mass.
@ridingbet I think I will do the same thing on my birthday.
@peachpurple (10991)
oh yes, 11.11 is happy single day, a great shopping day in malaysia too. We Chinese celebrate it by shopping online or store, eating out and enjoy youth. It started in China.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Jump to: navigation, search Singles' Day An illustration for the Chinese e-commerce holiday Singles' Day Observed by China Type Commercial Significance Day for singles to celebrate and socialize Celebrations Shopping,
Thank you for the information. It seems to contradict the real meaning of it. I do agree that most Chinese people waited for this to shop online or offline because of discounted products available in the marker.
@peachpurple (10991)
@Shavkat yesterday I shopped at lazada too, but the most is 11% discount
@peachpurple I think that's not bad. I hope I can do that soon.
@JustBhem (22506)
• Davao, Philippines
Ahahaha. This is weird, and nope. I don't. And what they do?
I thought that the celebration is like Valentine's Day. It is supposed to be dating with someone. 'Single Day' is quite contradicting. They tend to shop a lot because most companies offer discounted products' prices.
@JustBhem (22506)
• Davao, Philippines
@Shavkat And it's exclusive for singles?
@JustBhem Actually, it is supposed to be. But then, they don't celebrate it but happy to shop for discounted products.
@magallon (17366)
Actually, I do not know that there is a particular day for singles. I consider myself single now because for the fact that I am a widow , but I don't celebrate it. Do we really have to celebrate it????
Let us celebrate it, my friend. I am sorry to hear that your hubby passed away. Look at the bright side, you are a good mother to your children.
@magallon (17366)
@Shavkat he passed away 7: years ago. I always look at the bright side and pray that he is also happy in the place where he is now.
@magallon I always pray that my father is also fine.
So far I have been celebrating being single for many days of many months and as I like it most of the time, it is soon time for me to get involved . . . but with whom is the question ?
I agree. I am also in the same situation. I don't go for such relationship if I am not ready. It will come with a perfect timing.
@Shavkat I was told cease seeking and it shall find . . . hmmmm wise words huh ?
@enlightenedpsych2 I do agree with you.
• Peoria, Arizona
I never heard of this day. I guess it is good I am single haha I already had to be reminded about it on Valentine's day, now I get reminded about it a second time. nice!
Hahaha Well, I think I should look forward to these holidays, too. Who knows? We can meet the special someone sooner or later.
• Peoria, Arizona
@Shavkat You are right haha
@averygirl72 (13984)
I didn't know there is a single day? So you're still single too. It' quite late for me to find a partner
I am still single. I guess I running to singlehood forever.lol But I am still open to having a partner. There is still hope to have one. I am sure it will be the same thing with you.
@kepweng (6349)
Maybe im gonna celebrate it when a singles too or Someone Treat me in restaurant
I think that would be fun and exciting. I will savor the moment.
Actually today it is more like a shopping day than a single day Many people are crazy about online or offline shopping, especially online shopping. As many stores have discounts and big sale today.
I do agree on that. Most women love shopping on this particular in your country. There are so many promos online.
I did not know that! I should have considered buying my own cake!
@sol_cee (13597)
• Japan
11/11 is Pocky Day in Japan.
11:11 A lot of stores and online shops are having sales to celebrate 'Singles Day'.