Watching Television

After getting home at about 7.30 p. m. I switch on my TV to watch news.Along with news I watch some programmes also.And I have my dinner while watching TV. Yesterday a friend of mine said to me that I watch TV for too long a time ano that it is bad for my mental health. I watch TV for two and a half hours everyday. Is it too much? How long do you watch TV?
@ebanreb (4746)
I think it is ok to watch tv for a long period of time provided you have nothing to do. hahahah. I watched television up to 5 to 6 hours a day.
@ebanreb I am not free in the daytime.I work hard in office.By evening I get completely exhausted both physically and mentally and need some entertainment to relax.
@ebanreb (4746)
@Shivram59 The best thing to do when you are tired from work is to watch good movies. When I get stress i watch comedy movies to unload all my stress by laughing.
@ebanreb I also love to watch good comedy movies.A hearty laugh relieves us of stress and mental fatigue.
@wongchoiyee (6568)
I do not watch TV most of the time, if the program is interesting I can watch 1 hour only.
@wongchoiyee I mostly watch news and some commedy programmes.No serials,no movies.
@Shivram59 that is ok, but why your friend said so, its just 2 and half hours a day. I don't think that is a problem. My mom watch tv whole day.
@wongchoiyee I can understand.There are people who never get tired of watching tv. One of them is in my neighbourhood also.
@resukill22 (4050)
Like me im not only watch tv only 2in half our eventually almost whole day
@resukill22 So does my sister.She's exactly like you.LOL!!
@Shivram59 hehe really?
@shubhu3 (13562)
• New Delhi, India
We shouldn't watch continuously for a longer period of time.
@shubhu3 I spend only 2.30 hours watching TV.
@shubhu3 (13562)
• New Delhi, India
@Shivram59 that's good.
While watching too much TV may be a bad thing (You miss out on life), it's also a nice way to relax after a working day, it also CAN be an educational tool if the right shows/programs are observed. I feel that whether or not it's good or bad for your mental health is debatable, because it all depends on the observer and whether or not they choose to only watch garbage.
@Mr_Anomaly As I have mentioned in my post,I watch only news and a comedy programme.No TV serials,no movies.I watch tv only to relax after a very busy,tiring schedule.I can't watch tv for long hours.
@Mila7272 (83)
Life is short, and there are too many things that are more important and fulfilling than sitting in front of a television for hours on end. That's not to suggest you should stop watching TV altogether,
@Mila7272 You are absolutely right.I watch tv only when I get completely exhausted unable to do anything.It's only then that I switch on the TV. TV. Programmes and news relax me and I get ready for the next day's hard work.
@mohit459 (2830)
• Haldwani, India
I think 2hrs. Maximum!..
@mohit459 I spend two and a half hours in front of tv.
@mohit459 (2830)
• Haldwani, India
@Shivram59 oh Nice So how's your day....
@mohit459 Fine.I enjoyed weekend on the bank of a river 10 kms from my house.
@rubyriaz007 (2501)
I watch for two hours. I don't think watching T.v for two and a half hours everyday is a long time. Some people watch TV more than two hours.There is no wrong in watching T.V for so long time.
23h
@rubyriaz007 I mainly watch some news channels.and three programmes.
@sjvg1976 (14527)
I don't watch t.v. more than 2 hours as don't get much time. It's better not to watch t.v. more , instead we must do some physical work.
@sjvg1976 I do yoga in the morning everyday and go out for 5-7 kms long evening walk.After working hard from 9.30 to 6 in the evening I get completely tired.That's why I watch tv to relax my mind.
• Bridgton, Maine
Jai, I'd say that your watching too much TV if it's interfering in other areas of your life...if you're neglecting important aspects of your life because your watching TV instead. But if it's not, then watching TV for two and a half hours a day probably isn't so bad.
@MainerMikeBrown I'm sure you will be glad to know that I don't neglect anything to watch tv.My work is my priority.From 9.30 a. m. till 6 or 6.30 p. m.I get completely exhausted both physically and mentally.Then I resort to TV to relax myself.