Homie don't play that game...

By JJ
PM I received today on a different site: "I have seen that you are an active member on myLot. If you want we can help each other by commenting each other posts on myLot and to earn even more. Pm if interested. Thanks." I understand some people do the 'tit-for-tat' thing here, and that's fine, but I don't do it. I replied: That's not how I do it there. I respond to everyone if their discussion interests me. I don't 'trade' responses/comments. I imagine I could probably get $50 or more a month here if I did what they suggested, but I am really not looking to 'improve' my earnings here. I'm fairly 'picky' what I respond to, and I'd have to force responses to discussions that really hold no interest for me to engage in anything of that nature. And that would make it too much like 'work' here. We all use myLot different, I imagine, but I am comfortable with how I do it. I don't want to feel I 'have' to respond to anything. I'm just here to enjoy myself. And to sometimes be a pain.
@moffittjc (34688)
• Gainesville, Florida
I love your last two sentences! You could actually combine them to say "I'm here to enjoy myself by being a pain to all of you!" haha
Well, yes, there is that
@moffittjc (34688)
• Gainesville, Florida
@JolietJake Btw....I love your reference to Homie the Clown from the old In Living Color series!
@JolietJake but at leas you are not onewho we easily just forget yiu are honest lol lol
That was bold of the person who is here obviously just for earnings.
and he's probably not the first to do so.
Of course, the PM was on a site devoted strictly to online earnings
@EddieHands (32240)
they are only in it for the money
I did something similar to this when I first started and realized that it really isn't worth it. I suppose curiosity got the best of me and I wanted to see how much something simple like that would affect my earnings... you're right, way too much straining to reply to discussions about toothpaste and baking. Took the fun out of mylot!
When it stops being fun, it's time to walk away...and I'm too busy having a good time
I received a PM on here a few weeks ago which was similar. I feel the same way as you do. I respond to the discussions and comments that interest me. I do not want to feel forced to respond just because they reapond to mine.
I'm sure there are some people who will get upset if they comment on our stuff but we don't comment on theirs, whether it'd be this site or others.
@lovebuglena i am sure that is the case
@Happy2BeMe Because they probably think that it's not nice not to comment on their stuff if they commented on ours.
Reading discussions to up my earnings that would bore the ever-lovin' spit out of me would have me abandoning myLot a.s.a.p.
@lovebuglena I loved those sites for which we were paid for views. I get weary of interacting. Write/paid for views would be nice, but many sites that do pay for views often are not reputable.
I believe back in the old days 'views' (even from non-members) were part of the earning algorithm, although we weren't strictly 'paid' for them in and of themself...they were one of the factors used (among others) to decide what it was 'worth'.
@Daelii (1235)
I can't see doing that. I've been having fun exploring religious chats and talking about crafts! A lot of the other stuff.. kinda is like huh? I'm just not into sports and things and want my time to matter! I will comment on some things if I think it can help someone clearly having a bad day or is upset/sad.
Exactly. I just cruise up and down the 'Most Recent Discussions' list looking for something that catches my eye/imagination.
@Daelii (1235)
@JolietJake I do that to.. but I'm kinda shameless for that search feature. So I've just been looking up crafts I enjoy or things I'm curious about trying! I figure it might save me some time in looking through some random posts...
Dang, ain't that kinda cheatin? And, wadda ya mean sometimes?
5 times out of 100 I can be a very nice guy
That much @JolietJake ?? Really??
I think people used to do that on Bubblews.
I wouldn't want anyone to feel obligated to come to my posts . . . I'd rather see natural and sincere comments rather than contrived ones .
Exactly.
@JolietJake just thi nkig of that moiove about a ballk gam fileld if we byikd it they willk come if you write some thing we mylotters wlll respond yoiu are a aftural wilsh I could remember the name of tjat ,opvoe as ot was a great one
@Hatley Field of Dreams?
@Lolaze (2865)
• St. Louis, Missouri
Sometimes be a pain? More like always be a pain! I love the title of your post, its what one of my guy friends says in relation to ladies he dates showing up randomly at his house to return something or “just stop by”. Made me laugh - and I need that today!
Hey, I'm a nice guy...occasionally...when I forget to be mean
@Lolaze (2865)
• St. Louis, Missouri
@JolietJake yeah, occasionally Scar forgets to add your grumpy pills to your morning coffee
@pgntwo (21477)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
And was the response back to you a block...?
I don't think that site has a 'block' but I could be wrong
@pgntwo (21477)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@JolietJake But the block on this site does, after a fashion...
Have you got the last bit right? Don't you think it might be 'here to be a pain and sometimes enjoy myself?'
The emphasis shifts according to how much coughee I've had...or not had
@JolietJake Yes, that makes sense.
I agree with you, I do things the same way and that's why I enjoy being here so much. =) I don't want it to feel like work at all.
I use this to relax and pass the time...I already have one job, I'd hate to feel this was one as well
@JolietJake Same here and to talk to other adults as well since I don't get that much at home. =)
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I think that sometimes should be "succeeds at being a pain"
Does this mean I can tell people my success story?
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@JolietJake You should. we'll make tshirts and have a party!
@kobesbuddy (16764)
• East Tawas, Michigan
So far, I've not suffered any pain, from your total honesty. It creates trust, something we can't obtain from some people, who live their life in a 'perfect little rose garden,' all the time. A lady asked me to exchange views with her which is manipulation, as far as I'm concerned. Jacking up views, isn't why I'm here. Instead, it's to meet new people, from all walks of life. It creates a warmer environment, whenever I login to My Lot. I love the feeling of acceptance I get here, that my own family never gives me.
• Marion, Kansas
I see you are an active member on myLot, why would I possibly think I could scam you into such an agreement that would be boring and pointless? I am glad that we do not have to "WORK" at myLot. It is not a job.
I told someone today complaining about the pay that this isn't a skilled job, so why should they 'raise' our 'wages'.
@dodoazo (10044)
I know you're a picky myLot user. It's very obvious but you have lots of following and many have been suggesting your posts. You're a topnotched earner here.
That's mainly because I have been doing it so long and have a heavy presence here
You're really good at that last part.
Why thanks, I didn't think anyone noticed
I received the same PM here a few weeks ago and I also refused. I enjoy the site as I like and I do not want to be forced to read discussions that do not interest me.
@hereandthere (23031)
is the message from a new member? or a returning member with a new account or double account? where do they get this "tip" or "tactic" from? from online blogs? from former members? from current members? is this why sites don't last? all they want is to milk it dry?
A newer member with not much use of the site yet. But I know lots of users that only respond if you respond to one of their discussions. I'm just more interested in content than who does what.
@JolietJake i wonder if he saw this post?
@hereandthere She may, hard to say...
@LoriAMoore (9687)
Wow, that person had some balls, didn't he?
I hope she doesn't.