Some People Are Simply Intellectually Arrogant!

@mandala100 (25362)
Hong Kong
"No one has the monopoly of truth" this saying is true. Such being the case everyone is given the Light of Reason to use his or her mind. But there are some people who have this attitude of intellectual arrogance who look down upon their fellow human beings/fellow myLotters as below their intellectual caliber, thinking further that they know it all, that they are brighter and mentally sharp than anybody else here. I often seen and encounter such people in actual/real life: they keep on talking and talking about their "intellectual brilliancy" or their "know-it-all" attitude" but in the end lacking action to make things done. Pure words and pure thinking but no action at all! Hey, life is more than the intellect, it is more than "life of the mind". I rather read a post that truly comes from one's heart rather than being a "show-off" of one's "intellectual brilliancy", knowledge or understanding! I don't need intellectual arrogance here in myLot and if I ever read a post of that nature rest be assured that you would not get any like or comment from me...count on that. Do you think that you are "intellectually superior" than anyone else here in myLot? Why, how many degree have you done in the University? Why, have you passed any Bar Examination or Board Examination or any any other kind of Licensure Examination that you think that you are far intellectually superior than the rest of us here in myLot? But even then, don't you think that it is better to be always humble at all times? Picture credit: pinterest.nz
No one is better than anyone else and a degree doesn't mean a hill of beans.
@mandala100 (25362)
@JohnRoberts You are correct on that my friend John.
• Pleasant Hill, California
So someone with Ph.D. in physics does not have the right to challenge someone who says that E=mv^2 is wrong (so long as v doesn't approach the speed of light)?
@TheHorse So a degree makes person so special that they are worthier than someone who does not? A person without a degree may not challenge a person with a degree?
You will have already guessed. I am intellectually superior going by my ID
@mandala100 (25362)
@allknowing I know that you are my friend.
Oh!my not sure what to day.I believe humble most of the time.I am too old too argue with anyone.Those days are gone. Trying to live out my days till time come.
@mandala100 (25362)
@amadeo That's a very good thought my friend.
@mandala100 thank you
@peachpurple (10708)
Wow, seem that someone had pissed you off for sure. Don't take it too hard pal, sometimes it is unintentional
@mandala100 (25362)
@peachpurple It's a pattern of intellectual arrogance on so many instances my friend.
@peachpurple (10708)
A smart person knows what to say, but a wise person knows what not to say...I’m not sure if the quote is correct but yeah, intelligence is just one attribute of a person, and even if you’re a genius that doesn’t make you better than anyone...
@mandala100 (25362)
@marapplestiffy That's absolutely true my friend.
@1creekgirl (8780)
I agree. Our Sunday School lesson books are written by a different person every three months. This time the author thinks she's impressing us by using such big words. Most of us are of average intelligence and education, but she seems to think we'll be impressed, when we really just want a lesson written with common sense. Same goes for most of us on myLot.
@mandala100 (25362)
@1creekgirl That's a vey accurate thought and observation my friend.
More often than not, those who feel they are lacking in many areas of life and therefore have low self-esteem, are the arrogant ones.
@mandala100 (25362)
@Corbin5 I believe in what you say my friend. Very true indeed.
@db20747 (679)
• Washington, District Of Columbia
Anybody with any intellect at all likes to show off how smart they are, including me. I'm sure people will tell me I'm no Einstein, but I'm not listening to that. I'm way to smart for that.
@mandala100 (25362)
@db20747 That maybe true my friend.
@kobesbuddy (19608)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Being humble is the answer, none of us have learned everything! Then, these people can teach everyone else, how to be righteous and smart, just like them! LOL
@mandala100 (25362)
@kobesbuddy That's correct my friend and I think humbility for those people are indeed a rare commodity.
@kobesbuddy (19608)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@mandala100 Being humble needs to be first, then the forgiveness of our sins.
No one is better than anyone else.
@mandala100 (25362)
@jstory07 That maybe true my friend.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Are yu saying that those who have fancy degrees have the right to be a bit arrogant? And challenging those who may or may not have studied a subject to "show their credentials"? Or are you saying that fancy degrees don't mean anything?
@DaddyEvil (22414)
Hmmm... there is also another sort of person who should be mentioned here... There are people who think they are better than others, but can't even understand their own native language. They ignore what the words said or written to them actually mean and take offense where none was given. Then they twist the meanings of those words to make others believe offense was intended.
• Dallas, Texas
Jesus was humble, so I would want to aspire to be more humble, as I know I have many imperfections. I like to share my thoughts but not so to impress others but to help share ideas and make others feel better about themselves and experience something new and enlightening. I guess I do that a bit more as I can relate to just about any type of person. We are all equal in they eyes of God I would expect.