Should I add my Managers on Facebook?

First post. It's kinda awkward but should I add my Managers on Facebook? If I don't, I feel bad because she reach out to me first? If I will add her, I don't want her to know what stuff I'm doing on my social media activities.
Welcome to myLot. Enjoy the site! The first step for all newbies is to read the Guidelines to learn what is allowed or not on the site. Then you can write a post introducing yourself. Tell us a bit about yourself. Furthermore, read around as much as you can, Like and Comment on other members' posts. Only then will members come to your site and do the same. This is called interaction. Don't expect too much money-wise. If you reach $5 a month (the payout limit), you can call yourself lucky.
This is where you will find out what kinds of behavior are accepted and unaccepted on myLot. When in doubt, remember the Golden Rule!
@miketagz (7496)
My suggestion is you can add friends but you can limit your personal posts as private for confidential.
Can't you open another account only for your friends?
@miketagz (7496)
@MALUSE It depends on her. I recommend also his suggestion to make new account exclusively for your friends. For your private pictures or videos, upload it to your primary account. This only applies to Facebook, Twitter, or any social media websites except myLot because there's a rules to follow in every post. You can see the details in FAQ's (Frequent Ask Questions). Or see M.L's comment regarding Community Guidelines, just open the link there. Hope it helps. Mike
@miketagz Thank you. I've been on myLot for two years. I know the rules.
@Daelii (5718)
Thats up to you! It depends on how you live your life and what you want shared with at work. Some people can develop real friendships at work so it only makes sense to have an open communication when on social media. Others, might be stupid and not realize some of the dumb things they do. One favorite of mine was a person who called in sick to work and was posting vacation pictures of them at the beach. Like did they not expect to be fired when the boss saw that? or the person who was to sick to work, was posting pictures of them drinking in a bar? Just be smart and no amount of privacy filters really protects anyone. Any person can take a picture of it and share it without your consent.
No NO No No. You can always make another account I have about 4. But trust me you wil be seen no matter what. people go undercover to be added to read your page. So many people have been fired for that freedom of posting thing. Don't do it.
@m_audrey6788 (13672)
Hi there! Welcome to mylot! Please take time reading mylot Policies, Rules and Regulations and if you have questions regarding sites please don`t hesitate to contact GoAskAlex_Admin@goAskAlice . And about your first post, I don`t see anything wrong adding your manager on facebook but there are consequences on that one as there are managers who abuse those chances and used it against your performance. If you get what I mean?
It depends on how close and needed you are to your manager. Maybe she needs to add you so updates and information dissemination is easier.
@sjvg1976 (18368)
I have added my boss on Facebook and I don't find it wrong as he won't be able to know anything as I don't use it much
@saiama (872)
• Mumbai, India
Hello friends and neighbors and other assorted members of humanity, it is I, JJ, with another glimpse at How myLotâ„¢ Works. Today, we'll try to break...
@lady1993 (18608)
that is kind of awkward indeed, but she already added you? so you accept or decline her request? i have no managers as fb friends though
@nangayo (2339)
• Nairobi, Kenya
Open another Facebook account that is official which you will not do other stuff on.
No, I wouldn't add managers on any of my social media accounts. Just not the professional thing to do.
@saiama (872)
• Mumbai, India
Hey myLotters! As a lot of you know, I'm the bug guy. I'm definitely an introvert and don't post much. I like reading what others post and chime in when...
@saiama (872)
• Mumbai, India
This is where we'll answer frequently asked questions about myLot
I won't. People get fired for adding their boss on facebook.