My friend thinks her husband is Gay.

@millie02 (6908)
United Kingdom
My friend Val has been married to her husband for over 20 years now, and as far as she knows, he has never even looked at another woman apart from in fun. However, she was telling me the other day that for about the past year or so, he has been talking non stop about a new male friend of theirs. This male friend is younger than them and they see him about once a month . He is married with a young family and a successful business , and in my opinion does not have much in common with Val or her husband. Val says that her husband talks about this man daily , often commenting on his clothes and his looks. When they meet up with this man, Val says that her husband is often quiet and leaves her to do all the talking. Should Val be worried about this?
They have been married a long time and did she ever suspect before now? How is their marriage? Are they happy?Can she confront him and ask him and will he tell the truth?
@millie02 (6908)
They have always seemed like a happy couple in my opinion, but you never know. I hope she can confront him because she is getting worried about him.
@millie02 Carolyn, I hope it works out that he will tell her the truth. Yes, someone by or gay can keep a secret for a long time.
@millie02 (6908)
@Hannihar It is surprising what secrets people keep.
@sjvg1976 (18386)
I don't think so because they have been married since last 20 years and if he had been a gay she might have been exposed much before.
@millie02 (6908)
This is what I think too. However , there must be a reason for his obsession with this younger man.
@sjvg1976 (18386)
@millie02 may be he is jealous of his looks and wealth and want to know what her wife thinks of him.
Val needs to have a talk with her husband something is not right.
@millie02 (6908)
I think so too, but she seems to be worried about what he will say. I am sure that she does not want to offend him.
@kakah87 (406)
• Semarang, Indonesia
I have no idea about that, maybe her husband just amazed to the man... the man still young and a successful man.
@millie02 (6908)
Perhaps this is true, and she has nothing to worry about. But it does sound like he is obsessed with this younger man though.
@kakah87 (406)
• Semarang, Indonesia
@millie02 you're right about that... I honestly feel horrifying when you say that her husband often commenting on his clothes and looks, but Val have to positive thinking. Sometimes what we think is not always true, it just will make her having stressful and it's not good for her.
@shynu44 (4925)
that sounds so complex , hope they can resolve this.
@millie02 (6908)
I hope so too, they are a lovely couple.
@WorDazza (10106)
• Manchester, England
I think it's more likely to be some sort of mid-life crisis thing. He probably sees this younger man as being everything he wants to be but feels he maybe hasn't been and, more importantly, can no longer be. More a case of 'wish I could be him' rather than 'wish I could be with him'.
@m_audrey6788 (13622)
I think your friend Val has to talk this feelings of her with the husband and clear things out
@nangayo (2341)
• Nairobi, Kenya
She should not be worried at all. Maybe he just loves the guys appearance the smartness or the way he dresses.
I wonder. I woupd have to say what everyone else is. They need to have a heart to heart.
My friend sat here many nights telling me things about her husband. She thought he was gay but did not know. I began to notice some of those same things with the man I was with. One was that he never noticed woman around us. I never thought anything of it but as time went on she found her husband had a man out of town. She found it all on facebook. I found a secret phone that was the connection to his 2 year lover. I would not put it past this man. She needs to go online to find out more info. I began going to chat lines. And a very sweet gay man told me all the things to look for in my man. I think after what I have seen in this wicked world with low life people anything is possible. Dirty people will master a good front to keep a secret.
@JustBhem (36945)
• Davao, Philippines
I think he is just fond of that man. I mean, if he is gay come to think about it. 20 years is too long. If he is gay, he must have told your friend a long time ago.
I think it's probably jealousy or something more like that.
It is very possible. My girlfriend was married and they had 2 kids until she found out he was gay.
• Edgewood, Maryland
Interesting he might not be fully gay he might be bi and if that is the case than no hes just confused about whos team he hitting for some to speak or hes attracted to both genders