I owe ALL fellow GREAT my Lotters an apology and explanation

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
It is Monday, and I have learned a lesson. I forgot to take my meds a few days last week and the week before. I was not thinking as well, plus I NEED my injection, I think, which I am scheduled for Wednesday morning. I thought i spent too much time on my lot. I decided I LOVE IT HERE and i am back for good now an will try to spend as much time here as I can. i love all of you as you are all like the large family i never had! I am sorry for anybody i did not get a response back to you. I still have most of them in my notifications and am going through all of them, and if i missed some that were erased I am SO SORRY! I will be around when i can but warn I do have plans for a few hours each day this week, but when I am home i will be on here and interacting and perhaps make some discussions! Did you ever forget to take meds that affected your actions? Have you ever tried to quit something like my lot only to realize you love it?
I have forgotten take meds before. I have taken the night med in the morning by mistake, and doing that totally ruins an entire day. Most of us have forgotten, so no big deal. I have also thought I took the medication, and taken it again-double dose. I am sure I will make mistakes in the future too. Any absence from a site is just fine. Life often gets in the way.
I once when I was on major meds i took night ones in the morning, and my mom made me go to sleep around noon as i was falling asleep on my feet as my night ones made me extremely tired. I hope i do not take my night ones first as the sleep medicine will knock me out for the day. Maybe i better put the night meds somewhere else after I take them so as to not take in morning again as i will take my mornings by my bed
@Marty1 If I take the night med in the morning, the day is wasted since the night med is sedating. Now I keep the bottle of the night meds in a different room than the morning meds. I had the two side-by-side and that is when I made the mistake, twice.
@Corbin5 this is Avery good idea
No worries, I know that we all have other responsibilities and things to do besides being on the site here. It is a lot of fun, but don't feel bad if you cannot finish your notifications, we are all in the same (fun) boat here.
Thank you for the kind words. I am trying to be on here but have my peer counselor coming for an hour at 9:45 this morning to cook something, Hopefully, spaghetti squash i bought on Saturday
Being here should be fun, not an obligation.
@marlina I agree with you on that one. Yes, it is always fun for me when I am here!
Do not worry about us, we are all glad to see you back now. How do you feel now? It happens to forget to take medications.
I am starting to feel somewhat better but do not know why I cannot sit still in one place long? i do not know what is happening to me? I am trying to take my meds each morning be posting a note i think I will put it on the bathroom mirror as after Onyx and I have loving in the morning on our bed in our room, I go straight to the bathroom. Onyx says tell Aunt Anna he loves her!
@Marty1 I hope you can remember to take your med. Anyway do not stress about the fact that for the moment you cannot sit still. Wait a few days, so that the meds will work.Thanks Onyx and tell him that Aunt Anna loves him a lot. A big hug to you Jennifer.
@LadyDuck I have just about a half hour ago put out my meds on the table beside my bed. Since i have a bottle of water there each morning, i will take my morning meds as soon as I get up! I am hoping to remember them this way. If not, I asked Onyx to remind me, and I am sure he will! Big hugs to you from both Onyx and me
these things happens.As long you know that you missed it.
I think things like that happen and as long as I realize it I should be okay. thanks for replying
@Marty1 my pleasure
@Ganma7 (2015)
@Marty1 I think so too! Feel better and don't worry
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I hope you are back to feeling better today. Don't forget your meds. And good luck with your injection.
Kind of feeling better but am exhausting myself moving my computer and Kindle and all kinds of papers back and forth between my bedroom and his dining room and living room. I have been moving back and forth numerous times a day for almost two weeks now. It is a lot to move but have a hard time stopping it
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@Marty1 why are you moving around so much? You need to find a work area and just dedicate that area to it. Then maybe put the papers you have to move in a folder.
@thislittlepennyearns I am going to try that. I decided to dedicate our bedroom to do all my activities. I have folders i should start putting in my papers as they are getting out of hand. Thanks for the suggestions
I took a break from Mylot years ago but I gave it another try and haven't taken another break from it. I hope your doing well-that's the most important thing!
I am doing somewhat better but talked with Susan my case manager not long ago as i had a question about crossing the street, and she said to lay off the caffeine for a while. I drink about 4-6 two quart bottles of iced tea a day, so i am getting off of it as i can't sit in one place for long. I am going to post a note on the bathroom mirror to remember to take my meds in the morning. I didn't forget night ones as they sit at my table by our bed. I might try putting it on there and see it first thing
@ramapo17 (19051)
• Melbourne, Florida
@Marty1 Put the meds next to your morning glass or cup or dishes you use in the morning.
@ramapo17 I love your idea! I will start to put it by my glass of water first thing. I told my injection nurse about not taking them, and she told my psychiatrist, and he was nice about it but said i need to take these meds. I also need them besides mentally as my they are my major dose of blood pressure medicines for the day. i did manage to rake them today despite them not being in view. I put them on sink top in kitchen with lots of other things. I remembered them when I served breakfast to my kitty, Onx who reminded me to take them. He has a very good memory!
You do NOT have to apologize to us for that. Just make sure that you don't forget to take your medicine.
I just talked to my case manager, and she said t tell the nurse at my injection as i think she forgot i am going to my psychiatrist this week so my peer counselor said i should tell him. I will have to tell somebody I think i will tell both of them.
I just feel so bad when I ignore everybody here i love all of you so much. I am going to post a note on the mirror in the bathroom the first place i go in the morning. I am going to make a big effort starting today.
Yes I take medications for my depression and bipolar and they are very necessary to take.
I think for my bipolar that is part of my schizoaffective bipolar type illness with my injection every two weeks; I have had some depression meds in me as my Trazodone for sleep which I take a huge dose each night is really classified as an antidepression medicine, so i just missed my morning Celexa. But yet i have been feeling weird without it. I am not sure of the feeling as it is like i have never felt before while i take all my meds
@Marty1 I have withdrawl from the Celexa if I miss my dose by a few hours. The lamictal I do not get withdrawl from.
@shaggin Oh, I have not experienced that with Celexa or maybe i was having withdrawal from it as i was not feeling right and didn't know or think about it until you mentioned it? My peer counselor Jamie is going to call me the morning of my psychiatrist's appointment and remind me to take a paper with me that i wrote down the couple of problems i have been having
Glad you are getting your meds in order. Take care. I am fortunate and don't need meds for anything so far. My goal is to limit my time here to one hour.
I wish i were as lucky as you. I have been taking medicine like these meds i am on now since I was 11 years old, so that means almost 35 years of them as i will be 46 years old after Christmas. Much too long to suit me but I need them. I plan on being here as much as i can as I don't really have much of a life outside of being on here if i want to be honest. All of you are like that large extended family that I do not have!
@paigea I have been on these sorts of pills since i was 11 years old when i saw my first psychiatrist. i have never been off them even once
I'm sure no-one will be upset with you for not being around for a few days. I hope you remember your medications in future though.
I am putting my medications by my bed. I put the morning ones which I forgot to take those two weeks as I have my morning pills in me since 4 am today
No, I don't really forget to take my prescribed meds. I don't feel well if I don't take my BP meds. I am not sure if it is psychological or physical but I can notice a difference. Just come as you are able!
I don't think it matters whether or not it i physical or psychological because at least it gets you to take that medicine. I do feel bad you must take them though. I missed two doses of a BP meds when I didn't take the morning ones; I have two different pills in the morning for BP and then only one pill for at night did take that pill, so i missed half my dose of one and the whole pill for the other one. the doctor wants my heart stronger and the pill i missed half a dose of it also strengthens it
No need to apologize. We completely understand. I do worry about you though when you are not around. Please remember to always take your meds and best of luck with your injection.
Thank you. I am trying to take my meds on a daily basis now. I am making an effort to take it now and hope never to forget to take them again. It is just too much to take without them
@Marty1 yes it is. You need them.
@Happy2BeMe i found out when i told my sister this on the phone that is the reason she visited me even though she wasn't planning on coming last Saturday but came anyway to see what was happening with me. She said i was acting weird. I put the morning meds on table by our bed and will take them first thing as soon as I awaken.
I am too afraid to skip my medication. I do not want my mood messed up. Wait, about 15 years ago I decided I would quit taking it. After one day I was so sad I went right back to taking it.
I am afraid too especially beside my depression pill i take. I also take two very important heart meds for extremely high blood pressure. I only had half of them me because i didn't get my morning dose and that cut one whole pill altogether as I only take it in the AM. I did get my night time dose of the other but didn't get my morning dose of it. I am learning i cannot go without my meds. I just put the container on my table by my bed. I always have a bottle of water here so will take them upon waking.
@CoralLevang (40755)
@Marty1 I set my medications up one month at a time, I have 4 weeks worth of those medication daily containers
@CoralLevang I love your idea! It really sounds great! I have two weeks worth. I had both weeks filled at once at one time but for some reason did not use the second set. The dose one of my heart meds have changed doses since I filled it several months ago!
@YrNemo (8521)
Glad to have you back. I am supposed to take an antihistamine pill, but I kept forgetting and as a result, have had all sort of unpleasant reactions!
I get so tired when i take an antihistamine but do take it once in awhile. When I take it, i have an unusually high amount of it in me, and i took some last week and had to go back to bed in the morning. I did use to take one with my night sleep medicine when the sleep medicine was a lower dose and not working. Luckily, my doctor raised the dose
@YrNemo (8521)
@Marty1 I took one two days ago and ended up sleeping the whole day . I took a coffee yesterday to combat the effect of that antihistamine, I ended up sleeping the whole day yesterday too. I am hesitant to sleep again...
@YrNemo Oh my. i took mine last week at 5 in the morning and had to go back to sleep for about four hours which is unusual for me as i usually wake up and stay up but was so sleepy that day
No need to apologize. I hope you got your medication.
Yes, i took my morning meds as Onyx my kitty cat reminded me all night as i was up most of the night. He was hounding me since midnight to remember my morning meds.I am going to set the alarm on my kindle for it
@sabtraversa (9806)
I know if I have too much of something, I will start hating it. I need balance. I sometimes take breaks, but I still check notifications daily. Good to hear you decided to come back, and hopefully you'll find balance.
Yes, i do have to find some sort of balance. I will find it. Eventually, I hope I do?
I try and keep up with meds, it can cause problems. I have never tried to quit my lot, I need this site, to vent and to visit with others.
Same as me I need all of you great people in my life! I try to pretend i am normal and do not need the meds and sometimes forget to take them for extended periods of time
@Marty1 It is hard, I know you don't want to be on meds, but sometimes we all have to be on something at one time or another.
@CookieMonster46 yes, I hate being on meds, but I am used to taking something twice a day as I have been taking some kinds of meds since I was eleven years old. It is second nature most of the time to me except if I forget them!
Please don't worry! Some of us lead very busy lives and as much as we enjoy it here, can't be here as much as we'd like. I, for one, just can't keep up with my notifications, but I try whenever I have a few moments.
But the thing is you have a life outside of my lot. My life is mostly consisting of things like my lot and a few things outside the house but not that many?
@Marty1 Your list is growing by getting out of your house more often.
@DianneN I don't think i will be leaving the house often if not for my injection and doctor visits. I am not doing well at all
@ilocosboy (33267)
It is really a problem to me and my children also, we take medicine when we pail the pain or when we are sick but once the illness is gone we often forget to continue the med because we are already feeling good.
Yes, it is a problem to remember to take our medicines. These meds are long-term ones that I cannot go without them on a daily basis or there could be problems
@ilocosboy (33267)
oh I see, maybe you need some alarm so it remind your time.
@ilocosboy I did once buy a 55 dollar pill reminder my doctor suggested and it never really worked well. It did work about a half of a month then the alarm would not go off at the proper time, and there was no way to stop it from coming on when i was sleeping. i had to take the pills whenever i remembered them
It is good to know that life does NOT always rotate around a social website such as this one and I cannot say that I have ever forgotten to take a med, but I have forgotten to do something that would of made my day better so I meditate now before going to sleep and a few minutes after I wake, to rejuvenate this aging brain of mine ! We are glad you are back and no apologies necessary sweetie
What do you mean by saying that at times you have forgotten to do something to make your day better? What do you do? Do you have a list of things to do that make your day better? i have tried meditating nut my mind runs amok when i attempt it. I was thinking of doing some research on ways to better do it. i am very interested in it.
@Marty1 a particular 'thing' I do almost every morning is decide HOW I want the attitude to flow throughout the day. If I expect a negative output it is because I anticipated such; however if and when a negative sensing would happen and before it did I expected just the good vibration to take over, I generally get through the negativity with ease cause I consciously made myself aware to be pleasant. I do control my days and nights and every second of my life as much as I am able; what is beyond my control I accept for whatever it is BUT keep in mind I am strong enough to tolerate anything --- this mindset has taken many many years to finally understand and direct