DO YOU MIND?

image from pixabay.
Do you mind if when responding to your post the member uses a picture to illustrate the point, he or she is making? I love when a responder does it on my post - and I have done it a number of times. However I got to thinking that some members might not be happy about it and it would be good to know who likes it and who doesn't. So where do you stand?
Yes, I love when people use photos, sometimes it's so much easier to understand something.
I am very happy with the responses so far. I got the feeling some might feel that you're crowding or taking liberties with their post when you do that.
@Kandae11 I have not that feeling.
• Denmark
@Kandae11 Don't overthink the issue! I think if people don't like it, they'll tell you.
@Scrapper88 (1219)
I do not mind it to see the pictures. If a person likes to put pictures anywhere on Mylot; I say let them.
Great! I am happy to know this.
@Scrapper88 , same here.
I like good pics and it makes things more clearer.
@1creekgirl (8769)
It doesn't bother me at all. Sometimes it's fun.
It is - and it makes the responses section look more attractive.
@Kandae11 Yes, it does add to the attractiveness of the comment.
I think pics are fun too.
I think it's a nice idea and I do it all the time. The only time I start to feel slightly irritated is if I put up, say, a pretty flower and someone says they have a better one and puts it up! I feel that sort of one-up-manship is a bit off. But I've only had that happen one or twice and it's not a big deal. Sometimes a post would be more interesting if you were able to put up more than one photo to illustrate something so I sometimes put the extra photos in the comments.
• Marion, Kansas
I do that from time to time. I have not been using photos a lot lately.
@JudyEv Oh sorry! I sometimes respond and put other things beside the writers photo because I want to make a conversation but not to make the writers feel bad
@m_audrey6788 Oh no, don't be sorry. I like people putting up photos in the comments on my discussions but very occasionally (and it's only happened about twice with the same person) they put one up and say 'that's nothing. Look at my rose/sunset/whatever.' I don't think that is very kind. But please, keep adding photos whenever you like. I certainly wasn't targeting you and I'm sure most like to see photos. It makes a discussion more interesting.
@sishy7 (27365)
Oh, I don't mind at all... I know one who likes to include video clips too... And I don't mind that either...
Great ! I am happy to know that.
@sishy7 (27365)
@Kandae11 40 responses later and I still don't see any objection... I think it's pretty safe to assume that most would enjoy seeing pictures to illustrate a point...
@sishy7 let's see, we may still get a few who don't like it. I was prompted to write this post because I inserted a picture with a response on a member's post and my response was ignored while the others were answered. Not the first time it has happened.
@Raine38 (9050)
I like both, some people are more visual than others. I do not limit responders into what manner they can respond to my discussion as long as it is respectful. I think the diversity enriches the discussion.
It certainly does.
yes it must be a good pic and it should appropriate to put on mylot.com.
It can be very helpful sometimes to get people to understand something. It can slow the page while loading though so I do not do it very often.
Exactly! Like if the person is talking about something you have never seen or heard of before - a photo would be very helpful.
that's why when i use pictures from pixabay, i download the smaller versions.
@hereandthere That is a good plan.
I love it when the commentator would add a picture of what we are discussing.
I love that as well.
Oh yes, I love seeing a relevant picture, and do it myself sometimes too.
Yes, indeed, - and the free photo sites are very convenient if you do not have a suitable one of your own.
@Kandae11 Yes I use Pixabay pictures quite a lot.
@jaboUK yes I do too they are really great pics to use for anything.
@sallypup (21968)
• Moses Lake, Washington
I love the pup. He looks so well taken care of. Having a photo adds dimension to what the responder wants to say so I like it.
When I was looking for a suitable picture to go with the post I found this adorable pup called "Zorro" in the pixabay free images. Yes pictures will definitely add a lot to the response section.
@sallypup (21968)
• Moses Lake, Washington
@Kandae11 You fooled me. Zorro has been to the beauty parlor recently.
@sallypup I am sure he did before posing for that picture.
I like seeing photos in discussions. In fact I am more drawn to discussions with them, however weird that may seem. So what is the significance to the puppy in this one?
Usually after writing a post, I head to pixabay to choose a suitable picture, I wanted one that was questioning or wondering - I typed in wondering and this adorable pup was among the images that popped up. He does appear as if he is wondering about something.
@Kandae11 they really are great pics and I also really like them and use them on that site.
I don't mind at all but would prefer that people use their own photos and not one from a free photo site.
Okay, that will be kept in mind.
when i use pictures from pixabay, i try to make it relevant. i also put the link to the actual page (if you hover your mouse over the picture). sometimes i link to the actual site of the product or their fb page.
@hereandthere I simply state that it is a pixabay picture in the caption.
@antonbunot (9506)
• Calgary, Alberta
I like to complement my response or comment with photos. Like for example the post is about how we look like 69 years from now if we are still alive and kicking by that time . . Of course, we try to describe ourselves based on what we imagine how likely we look like after 69 years. . I would say the above picture shows how I look by that time - - Yikes, I look like I just came out from the grave! Note: This is me with hermit mask in 2015 Halloween.
Some may still be alive - but certainly not kicking.
• Calgary, Alberta
@Kandae11 Wait!? Where the heck my picture go?!
@antonbunot You really look the part - not only the mask, but the body also looks hunched.
@dgobucks226 (6817)
I think it always adds something to your comment or response so I like it. What I do not prefer is when someone's response or post is an article to read in lieu of a comment or discussion. An exception would be a reference to something helpful to the community.
There are quite a few of those - do you mean an article which has been in the news?
@Kandae11 Someone who posts something they found online and says to read this article, but adds no value or opinion of his own to the article he or she is posting. At least they could summarize what the article is saying and their opinion of what the article is representing. I just skip over these posts. I want to read what the poster says not a third party. If the post is interesting enough, I will read the article which accompanies their post. That's just my opinion on articles. I love pictures especially the one in your post They add so much depth to a post/discussion. What is they say "a picture is worth a thousand words." Is that your dog? Nice!
@dgobucks226 I understand now what you mean about the articles - and I totally agree. No Zorro is not my dog - I wish. When I was looking for a picture to go with my post, I went to Pixabay and typed in "wondering" - this dog which is called Zorro popped up among the images. Apart from being adorable, he does look as if he is wondering about something.
sure . but i dont know how to do that. also i am a new member . when i post a thing it doesnt show the tag times below like eg : love history crisis etc.
It will be a breeze as you become more familiar with the site. welcome. Free images or pictures to go with your post can be obtained from Pixabay.
Thanks
@responsiveme (14438)
A picturesque reply
I love it.
@dpk262006 (54812)
I use an image to elaborate my point.
It can be very enlightening.
@dpk262006 (54812)
@Kandae11 Yes, sometimes uploading a picture helps in a better way to make our point.
@YrNemo (8678)
If the image is small and doesn't stuff up the page, it is perfectly fine with me. (Image is often fun anyway, the more the merrier!)
Definitely , the image shouldn't be too large. Small and neat prerrably.
@YrNemo (8678)
yes I like it when people use pics too.
The post looks much better.
@Shiva49 (9689)
I recall "A picture is worth a thousand words". Though I have not done it, I have no issues with it - siva
That's good to know.