How Do You Celebrate Christmas?

@mandala100 (25369)
Hong Kong
Christmas Day is indeed coming soon! It is among the most important celebration in the whole Christendom. Also, it is among the tradition that is being celebrated around the world. Christmas means so many things for so many people according to one's experience of this joyous occassion. What's the meaning of Christmas for you? How do you celebrate Christmas? Do you have any family tradition that you observe during Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Picture credit: sepeb.com
We have always celebrating Christmas with family and friends. We always have a Christmas tree and we always open gifts on Christmas morning rather than Christmas Eve.
We open all our gifts on Christmas Day too.
@Marilynda1225 Yes, as kids we did that and that tradition just is kept firm in a family.
@mandala100 (25369)
@Corbin5 That's so very wonderful to hear my friend.
I celebrate Christmas with family and relatives. Its a family reunion. A get together celebration of the joy of Christmas over good food, jolly company and gifts.
@mandala100 (25369)
@pitsiepeahie That's so heart warming my friend.
@alberello75 (13542)
• Genova, Italy
Our tradition, the Christmas tree. Now we've grown up, we're in the family, we eat "macaroni in broth". In a few words, for us, almost a day like another. But for Christianity, celebrates the birth of the Blessed Saviour Jesus
@mandala100 (25369)
@alberello75 That's so nice to know my friend.
@alberello75 (13542)
• Genova, Italy
@mandala100 You are really busy lately. Now I can see you just a few times here. Aren't you? That it is clear. Mine is not a criticism
Since Christmas is not the traditional and official festival here, so we can't enjoy it much. In the past we would go out to have a nice dinner and take some pictures in the hotel or mall since there were beautiful Christmas trees and lights there. Now I prefer to have a peaceful Christmas since the restaurants are so full and they even charge higher price than usual.
@mandala100 (25369)
@youless Having a peaceful Chrismas is a good idea my friend.
Being Catholic we try to attend Midnight Mass on Christmas Eve and then on Christmas Day the whole family gathers at my house and we have dinner and gifts etc.
@mandala100 (25369)
@Marilynda1225 That's simply great my friend.
We "celebrate" but having breakfast - then opening whatever gifts we have, and watch Christmas shows/movies. but last year we also stopped at my cousins to see what they got for Christmas.
@mandala100 (25369)
@Courtlynn That's fantastic my friend.
@mandala100 i think so. We like our tradition.
@kobesbuddy (19625)
• East Tawas, Michigan
We always have a family day, at my daughter's home. Gifts are opened there, mostly for the children. Jesus Christ was definitely born, the only begotten son of God. What day, noone knows, actually the date. So, December 25 was set aside, to acknowledge his virgin birth to the mother Mary, with the Holy Spirit of God being the Father.
@mandala100 (25369)
@kobesbuddy That's really awesome my friend.
@kobesbuddy (19625)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@mandala100 It's written in God's word, so it's the gospel truth. We aren't suppose to add to it, or take anything away from it.
@Emmlex1000 (1521)
• Lagos, Nigeria
With my family
@mandala100 (25369)
@Emmlex1000 That's cool my friend.
• Lagos, Nigeria
• Riga, Latvia
This year with my husband gone and me all alone I will not celebrate. I will read some Bible passages, will get myself some presents and me and my cat Sid will watch Christmas movies. That is about all this year.
@mandala100 (25369)
@RasmaSandra Reading the Scirptures is a very good idea my friend.
@Daelii (2039)
Christmas is in honor of the birth of Jesus. My family does 25 days of baking leading up to Christmas day and most of that is just the fun and the frills of the holiday. Then Christmas to 3 Kings Day is the more religious observance. :)
you mean you bake every day and save them for christmas day?
@Daelii (2039)
@hereandthere No, we eat some and save some! My husband use to feed a ton of people, so it was kind of a must to get prepared. Now that we moved away to a nicer place, we really don't have to provide for many. Its just nice to experiment and try different cookie recipes. Some are the traditional types and others are healthy alternative treats (made with apple sauce instead of butter, etc!).
@Daelii eat some, save some - great idea!
@peachpurple (11034)
In the past my parents brought us to the church , had the choir sing in our home but not anymore
@mandala100 (25369)
@peachpurple Do you still attend church during Chrismas my friend? Thank you.
@peachpurple (11034)
@mandala100 nope, not anymore after I was married. My hubby family is Buddhist. My parents-in-law are against going to church. SO, I pray at home after I married.
With my family and my friends.
@mandala100 (25369)
@TheInvisibleMan That's a good way to spend Christmas my friend.
@thelme55 (11806)
I love Christmas. We go to church after eating our Christmas Eve dinner. It is a wonderful family get together.
Christmas is just like any other Holiday for us. It is just about spending time with family and making memories. None of us are religious so that doesn't matter much to us. My dad and I always go and pick out a tree the day after Thanksgiving and we put it up and decorating the house. Christmas morning my dad makes breakfast and it is pretty much a feast. My siblings come over and eat and then we open up presents from each other.