A Month Later........

A month ago yesterday I started my current job. I cannot believe how great it is. They are such a warm and wonderful group of people to work with. And they have been so patient with me learning everyone's name. I joked with them telling them that I usually call people either Bob or Barb, so not to take offense if I cannot remember their names. But of course I've learned almost all of them. There are 3 gentlemen, all who have foreign first names and all of which are brothers, that I cannot get their names straight. But that will have to happen in month #2. A month later I am so proud of what I've accomplished and learned and how my co-workers have really come to rely on me. Our service manager called me from home tonight and asked something of me, and told me that he forgot to do it himself but knew that he could count on me. That was very nice of him to say. Do you enjoy your current job?
That is great that you like yoir job so much amd they like you.
A lot of them are Lebanese, and since I am not, I am thankful that they are patient when I ask them to repeat things that I cannot understand because of their accent. They are a very warm and generous family and I'm so glad that I work with them. We have an app that we all stay in touch with, both during the work day as well as after hours. Its nice to belong to such a wonderful group.
@Juliaacv that is wonderful. Sounds like a great place to work.
@Happy2BeMe I wish that you worked there, we have a lot of fun. And they treat me so very well.
@Raine38 (8991)
If you enjoy your job, working everyday will not be a chore. You are actually having fun while earning a living. My job is not really that hard, but since I work in a multinational company and helps 600+ employees, it can be quite hectic. The culture and morale is also at its lowest due to the economic situation of the industry. Hopefully when everything settles down, we will not be so much stressed. At least the pay and benefits are really good.
I've worked for large companies also, I love the size of this one. There are 2 dealerships, and I work at 1 of them once a week, otherwise I'm at the other one all of the time. Between the 2 locations (and we're opening a third in January) we have about 30 of us all told. I do not have benefits, but my husband has us covered on that front, but I do make a cash commission after taking applications for financing and make a good wage. I'm just so very thankful for this job.
@Raine38 (8991)
@Juliaacv If it makes you happy and content, then it's all that matters. One will not be able to enjoy the fruits of labor if the person is always stressed, or the good pay if the person cannot stay long enough to deal with not being happy in their workplace.
That is so great. I bet your husband is proud of you.
I think that he is. I showed him the cash commissions that I raked in today, just ahead of payday. If I take a application for a customer's purchase to be financed, then the sales rep gives me $50 when the deal is booked, and 2 booked and the sales reps got paid for them, so they kept good on their deal and gave me my cut. I like that right in between pay days!!!
@Juliaacv That's fantastic!
@kobesbuddy (17188)
• East Tawas, Michigan
I was very happy with my last job, it was so rewarding:)
That's the way that I feel.
@kobesbuddy (17188)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@Juliaacv Now it's gone and I feel lost without those elderly friends.
@kobesbuddy That's too bad, don't you ever make coffee dates with them or do Saturday morning breakfasts together?
Wow a whole month already! Gee that went fast. Glad that you're enjoying your new job and I'm sure you'll be a whiz by month #2. I worked in the car business until I retired and did enjoy it. Sometimes I miss those days
You wouldn't miss it in today's world. Since we have 2 dealerships we have a what's app so that we can all communicate. But....its almost overkill. I'm off of work today and yet I have read more comments on that app then necessary-now I realize that its my responsibility to ignore that app when I'm off of work, but I haven't done that yet. And its crazy busy at both lots today, so for a while I was waiting for the owner to call me in-he put a request for someone else to go in.
@Luap1050 (175)
@Juliaacv sounds like the days go by quick too I guess?
@Luap1050 They do to be honest with you.
Glad to hear you like your new job.
Thanks.
@DEMI12 (340)
• Chaoyang, China
Thats good! It seems you are very young?
It sounds as if you have fitted in so well Julia. You spend a lot of time working, so it's great if you enjoy it. I always enjoyed my work before I retired.
I received a really nice compliment from 1 of the managers yesterday that really struck a chord in me, and I realized then that I had made the transition from that newbie to someone that they can count on. I would prefer part time, just shorter days, but eventually, if I can streamline the processes that I do at work, then hopefully that will happen. I have moved the job from a 5 day a week job to a 4 day a week job.
@Juliaacv That's excellent that you've been able to streamline the job to 4 days already.
@jaboUK I'm hoping to convince the boss that 32 hours spread out over a 5 day stretch would be beneficial. Its hard to learn everything and then to figure how to cut processes down in time, but it can be done. I've documented everything and the length of time that it takes. Hopefully he goes for it. I know in January when things slow down it might be a good time to ask for this.
There must be nothing worse than to be stuck in a job that you don't like. I'm so pleased you are happy there. I always liked the place where I worked too.
That was my last job. I would cry because I disliked it so much, and on every level possible.
@Juliaacv Well, I'm glad you're out of it now.
@JudyEv Thanks, so am I.
@dodo19 (27793)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
It’s always nice when you can enjoy your job. I’m glad that you do.
Thank you, although it is not perfect, it is very enjoyable.
@dodo19 (27793)
• Beaconsfield, Quebec
@Juliaacv No job is perfect. So long as it's enjoyable, that's the important thing.
Been a month already? Congrats! Glad things are going so well!
I know, time flies doesn't it? On my way home from work I realized that this week, which is payweek, I will get my second paycheck. Then I got to thinking that means that I've been there around a month.
@Juliaacv sadly, yes it does. Hope you have a very long time there.
@Shellyann36 (8619)
So glad things are going so well for you. Kudos for being reliable and indispensable!
I don't know if I'm indispensable or not, but thanks. I do enjoy the job so much.
@sueznewz2 (9332)
• Alicante, Spain
gosh ... time flies ... i'm glad you're enjoying it and settling into your new job and getting on with your new colleagues ... and yes... I love my job ...
That's great when you love the job and the people that you work with.
@Bopsalay (157)
• Phuket, Thailand
Yes, i love my job
That's just wonderful, what do you do?
It is very important to have a good rapport with and earn the respect of one's co-workers. Sometimes I miss my former job, but I am happier working for myself.
Its great to be welcomed to such a tight knight group.
Glad that you are so satisfied with your new job. I enjoy my current job of "being retired".
That's good, I quit a job a few years ago because my husband wanted me to retire. But I was bored and it didn't last for very long, I was just too young to try it back then. One day though.....
@sishy7 (26765)
That's great to hear! Yes, I enjoy my job... And I am very grateful about that...
My husband likes his employer and his job also, it makes life so much easier.
Yes, I do enjoy my current job. Glad that you are enjoying yours as well.
That's wonderful. Thank you.
@sjvg1976 (13974)
Oh yes I enjoy my present job. We have around 2700 people working at my workplace and it's very tough to remember everyone's name
I could never know everyone's name in such a big organization. The biggest company that I worked for had 500 employees and I only knew a small fraction of them by name.
@peachpurple (9949)
glad that everyone around you love your presence and you did a good job too. Nope, I am still looking for a job but difficult for a stay at home mom of 10 years.....
Yes, I would imagine that it would be. You probably would have to brush up your skills either by volunteering or by reschooling.