Time to Tally.

@eileenleyva (11042)
Someone sent me a message that goes:.... If you have food on the refrigerator, clothes on your back, roof over your head, and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75% of this world's inhabitants. I was disconcerted. I know about orphans, hunger, displaced people, war, persecution, deprivation, and all these are part and parcel of the daily world news, What I didn't realize was I am on the upper quarter who are bountifully blessed. With the humble properties I own, I did believe I was somewhere in the lower half of enduring creatures that roam the earth. Alas, statistics has it that with a modest money in the bank, I am even on the upper 8% of the privileged few. Sadly, a million will surely die this week because of illness, healthcare was deprived of them. Time to tally. The world's population is almost 8 billion. I am at the tip of the iceberg. Sigh. 7.5 is under water. I am willing to invert that and carry the bulk, with you by my side.
@ilocosboy (40647)
Mother Theresa said, if you cannot feed one hundred at least you can do it to one. One friend said to me while we are trekking to a very remote village that got no electricity and have homes from cogon and bamboo "we complain too much about life, these people are not." referring to the poor village.
@eileenleyva (11042)
I do that. Feed they hungry, Take care of the less fortunate who come our way. I was meditating upon: to whom much is given, much is asked. I fall short on that.
@ilocosboy (40647)
If each of us can do this there'll less hunger in the world.
@eileenleyva (11042)
@ilocosboy let us begin disseminating this advocacy.
@JustBhem (46171)
• Davao, Philippines
I am still blessed in spite of my sickness. I think we are all blessed in other ways.
@eileenleyva (11042)
Bhem, what are you ill of?
@JustBhem (46171)
• Davao, Philippines
@eileenleyva I have a kidney failure and ongoing Dialysis.
@eileenleyva (11042)
@JustBhem Oh Bhem, that is an extreme challenge. You must focus on getting well. Have you heard of anthroposophic medicine? I have known of debilitating cases that have been reversed by anthroposophy. Dr. Jake Tan gives lectures, I know. He resides in Frisco, Quezon City. Bhem, I believe in miracles. I will keep you in my prayers.
Needed to read this. Thank you.
@eileenleyva (11042)
When I die, I couldn't answer Cain's question. I have not done any better to alleviate the sad state of our world. Whatever I have done in the past is not good enough.
@eileenleyva you still have time to do more.
@eileenleyva (11042)
@allen0187 Doing my best. Though my best, I know, is never good enough.
@sjvg1976 (18388)
Even I am blessed that I have a decent job and have my own house. It's our duty to help people who don't have the money to feed themselves and their family
@eileenleyva (11042)
How do you help, Sanjeev? Could you suggest ways how we go about helping the marginalized? I don't have much of a budget to give away.
@sjvg1976 (18388)
@eileenleyva I donate in charity and donate to people whom I see really poor and need money to eat to survive.
@eileenleyva (11042)
@sjvg1976 I tip my hat to you.
I like that and it makes me think about myself as well.
@eileenleyva (11042)
I am feeling guilty, I have not been much help to the poor and the less fortunate,
@sallypup (30134)
• Moses Lake, Washington
We are blessed for sure though I am dealing with the news of a very ill brother. Take care.
@eileenleyva (11042)
I am beginning my shortcomings towards my fellow man by praying for your brother. What is his first name?
we all are so m,ucjn better pff than we real ze we are hats for sure
@eileenleyva (11042)
I thought I was among the poor. Reality shows I am rich.