What 14- How do you stay positive when you are down?

Malaysia
The only way to stay positive instead of negative is to look things at the bright side. Look under the silver lining. Right now, I am down in spirit. I had applied 7 job applications, 5 of them had rejected my applications. That means the remainder would be rejected soon. I know that my age is not under the job specification although I have the sufficient working experience. Most employers are looking for fresh graduates but I am a housewife who had been out of job for 10 years. So, the possibility of getting an interview is 1%. It's OK. At least I had tried my best. I did sent out my CV and I am still looking for other job positions which are not my cup of tea. I have to think positive, try to adapt to new things and new environment. I don't tell myself to give up yet. This is not the end yet. Just keeping submitting the CV until I get the job. So, how do you stay positive when your luck is down to the drain? Do you give up easily?
I would resort to watching television or playing computer games or apps on my phone. I can't afford to dwell too much in depression.
that is a good way to clear your mind off
@cahaya1983 (8465)
I hope you don't give up searching. Sometimes opportunities come your way at the least expected times. I'm not always positive and optimistic either but when I take my time to reflect on what I really want to achieve, it helps to get me back on track.
you are right, so I am searching now
I tend to fall apart so I would be of no good use I try to think on the bright side ut when bills add up i can't..
it is hard to control the mood when the pocket is empty yet the bills are piling up
@JustBhem (20855)
• Davao, Philippines
And I know the feeling, Me too been rejected for many times already and it did not stop me from applying for more. There is still hope for me and I can't just lose it. I have bills to pay and I badly needed a job so this is my inspiration. Don't stop and be positive as always. Best of luck for both of us.
you too girl, I am sure you can because you are younger than me, I am an old goat now
@JustBhem (20855)
• Davao, Philippines
@peachpurple I am 34 is that young? Lol. Age is just numbers. We have this kid at heart.
@JustBhem 36 is consider "expired" because that is the age doctors do not recommend getting pregnant. So you are still young at 34
if you feel down.This is not going to help you.
I agree Alfredo @amadeo
yes I know that too
@nangayo (2172)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I do not give up easily I keep up trying harder. I remember when I was looking for a job I sent out CVs everywhere and kept hoping for the best. What encouraged me is that at least my CV got to be read because sometimes I used to be called for interviews and even if I failed some interviews I still felt I could make it which I did.
so, did you get the job finally?
@nangayo (2172)
• Nairobi, Kenya
@peachpurple Yes i did in a legal firm and i love it.
• Portland, Connecticut
I am a positive person for the most part so I just say a prayer and hope for the best.
good way to stay positive, prayers, I do that daily
@prashu228 (22254)
Don't worry. There are companies who look for ladies who want to start their second career. Keep updating your skills.
thanks, I do hope so, wonder who will employ me....
@1hopefulman (19704)
Yes, keeping a positive attitude helps and prayer can help us cope and hope for better things.
positive attitude for better confidence, I am sure I can find a job soon
@1hopefulman (19704)
@peachpurple I hope you do!
Think positive. I worked 51/2 years, then was a stay at home mom. I was able to find a wonderful job when I decided to return to the work force.
you did? Wow! I must try again
@peachpurple Never give up. If you want something bad enough, you will get it. Best of luck to you.
@DianneN ok, will try, maybe it might take months
Maybe you should try those jobs you are used to doing in your work days. That way, you can answer their interview well. Just keep trying. I only apply for jobs that I am a graduate of. I am an Accounting graduate and most companies like accounting graduate people.
good idea, I should go for sales job since my previous job was sales
@SIMPLYD go go go, sure can do it
I always think about my goals.
that is good, always think of your goals, try not to give up
I don't give up easily and try to stay positive and tell myself that whatever it is will work out. I know the right job is there for you so don't give up hope.
you sound very positive. So, I will try again today.
I hope you are able to find a job really soon.
thanks
@FayeHazel (10878)
I'm sorry to hear that. You just gotta keep trying though. And you are right. You did your best, keep doing your best and you will be rewarded
thanks for your encouraging words
It must be disheartening for you to get so many rejections. I hope that you will find something suitable soon.
yes it was, but I will try another method, maybe mine was wrong
@gnatsmom (721)
I have been there. It wasn't too long ago, that I literally felt like I was cursed. I must admit that I did not handle it as I should. I dwelt on it and got bitter and angry. That affected my relationships and my ability to see where I was blessed. For me, I went straight to God. I questioned Him. I decided to study the Bible harder to try to understand His character and His ways more. Honestly, that did not change my situation, but it did change my attitude. Once my attitude began to change, so did my circumstances. I know people have a different approach to faith, so I don't want to force mine on anyone. I do know you have already taken one positive step by asking others for support or encouragement. Talking to someone about it will keep all those toxic feeling from building up inside of you. Keep pressing on, have confidence in yourself, and let those companies know why they would be better off in hiring you. I am wishing you all the best.
thansk for your share, God will help me, I trust HIM
I know it's hard to find a job when you have been out of jobs positions for many years. Do not feel down, continue to submit your CV, I am sure you will find a job.
thanks, I know that too, I will keep trying
• Preston, England
I don't build up my hopes too high, so the knockbacks don't feel so bad - and the successes are a greater joy - there will be high points - just keep going, it's all you can do. Good luck
good idea, I should do that
@ilocosboy (32230)
Yeah I think that is the best thing to do, to look it on the positive side.
you are right