Boiled Sweet Potato For Those Who are Dieting

Do you know that some people eat sweet potatoes when they are trying to lose weight? Actually, my former officemate who really got fat used it to diet and lost weight. She’s now back to her sexy self. She eats a medium size boiled sweet potato instead of rice to go with the viand for her meals, she said, for her diet. A famous celebrity was said to be bringing to the set during her shooting, boiled sweet potato as her rice for her meals. She really had maintained a sexy figure even if she is already in her 40’s now. I love sweet potatoes. We would usually have it for breakfast. I put some butter on when I eat it. There was a time when I would eat a boiled sweet potato to go with the viands for dinner. I stopped because I was losing weight, which I don't like. Do you like the sweet potato? Do you think you can have it instead of bread or rice, when you go on a diet?
You can also eat normal potatoes, the calories are the same, 100 grams of potatoes is about 90 calories, 100 grams of rice 330 calories, you can easily see the difference. Rice is fattening. I do not like sweet potatoes, but I often eat a potato instead of bread. Rice is not something we eat often here.
Yes, potatoes can be a substitute for rice also. I like potatoes too. However, potatoes here is expensive, compared to the sweet potatoes. Besides, sweet potatoes for me is tastier and has some sweetness. Rice indeed is fattening. It's our staple food here to go with our viands at meal times. I know that it's not your staple food there.
@SIMPLYD Potatoes are cheap in Switzerland and I do not like at all the sweet potatoes because they are too sweet. We eat mainly potatoes in this country.
@LadyDuck To counter the sweet taste of the sweet potato I put butter, for my every bite of it. It is so yummy, the combination of thea bit salty taste of butter and the sweetness of the potato.
I cant eat rice often due to diabetes but I do love sweet potatoes.
Then you can eat sweet potatoes instead. Just a medium size will do instead of rice.
@happy_ (1374)
i don't like sweet potato.i use rice instead of this
Rice is fattening though. Besides, it can lead to diabetes if you are eating much of it always at meal times. I suppose it's not your staple food, meaning one that always is partnered with viands at meal times?
@happy_ (1374)
@SIMPLYD no I don't take it alwaysat meal time.i take it twice in a week
@happy_ But is it the staple food of your country?
I'll remember that so I love sweet potato. I am anxious not to gain any weight as I managed to lose quite a bit recently.
Then you can use it instead of your mashed potato because with mashed potato you mash with it butter, i think?
@SIMPLYD Yes, when I mash potatoes I use a little butter and some milk.
@JudyEv I like mashed potatoes of McDo.
@averygirl72 (12651)
I think I've heard of this before. My sister is not trying it she is fat. Maybe I should tell her. I like boiled sweet potato dip in sugar and milk
Yes, your sister can try this. Just a medium sized boiled camote instead of more than a cup of rice. It's the first time I heard that it's also being dipped in milk with sugar. Or maybe condensed milk?
@averygirl72 (12651)
@SIMPLYD No powdered milk and sugar. I like doing it in my boiled kamote. I can't eat it without it
@averygirl72 Oh, powdered milk and sugar. That's nice to know that it could also be a dip of the sweet potato.
I love boiled sweet potatoes. I just had one yesterday. Did not know it helps reduce weight. Wonder how it helps!
It is so fibrous, your metabolism will be fast. Instead of eating lots of rice to partner with the viands, you can eat a medium sized boiled sweet potato instead.
@SIMPLYD Good idea
I do like sweet potatoes. We bake them rather than boil them, though.
Actually, baking it is a very good way of cooking potato. It doesnt lose some nutrients when it is being boiled. The nutrients are intact.
@lady1993 (14301)
sadly no, it doesn't seem very sweet to me. I guess i'll just have to stick to rice forever
Well, if you are not dieting, then you can eat rice not sweet potato instead.
Yes, sweet potatoes are a very healthy food.
Yes, that is true. Here it is cheaply sold in markets. Those who lives in the mountains and who plants camote always eats them. They are healthy people.
I'm not a fan of sweet potatoes but I do eat it sometimes.
Here, usually, it is eaten for snacks. It is fried and with caramelized sugar. So delicious. But for those on a diet, it's just boiled.Instead of rice which is the staple food here, they eat this to go with the viands at meal times. What's your staple food there in your country?
I did not know that sweet potatoes will help you loss weight.
Yes, because it is less calories than rice. And it really helps you in your metabolism since it is more fibrous.
@thelme55 (11550)
I think I will buy sweet potatoes tomorrow for my dinner. Are you sure we can lose weight for this? I will cook sweet potato everyday if that is the case.
Yes, as long as you eat only a moderately big one. You boil a lot of it , then put keep some in the ref. Just reheat one for every meal instead of rice. Mas fibrous and heavy kasi kay filling talaga agad sa tyan (It's more fibrous and heavy to the stomach so you fill up quickly by eating it along with a viand. Unlike rice on which you eat two cups to be full.
@thelme55 (11550)
@SIMPLYD good tips. Thanks. I will go to Aldi this afternoon if I can find sweet potato.
@thelme55 I suppose Aldi is an Asian store?
@peachpurple (9949)
I want to try this diet although i weigh 42kg
Are you trying to lose weight at 42 kg?
@SIMPLYD hubby says that my tummy is bulky, need to shred off some more, maybe until 40kg
@peachpurple Mine too, my tummy is also fatty. It's what I am trying to trim however, it's the arms that are thin that gets thinner though. ha ha ha I have disproportionate extremities that's why. ha haha
@Shellyann36 (8619)
I love sweet potatoes and they are full of antioxidants!
That is so true. And it is so fibrous too, so good for metabolism and dieting.
@SIMPLYD We had sweet potatoes last night with supper. Our neighbor stopped Keith in the driveway when he was coming home from work and gave him a grocery bag full. They were so good!
@Shellyann36 That is so nice. You just had a healthy food.
@nangayo (2172)
• Nairobi, Kenya
I love sweet potatoes with my tea in the morning one a while.
Yes, it is good with tea also. Actually with any other beverage. A good breakfast food indeed.
@nangayo (2172)
• Nairobi, Kenya
@SIMPLYD And healthy too. I have heard that the Queen Elizabeth loves sweet potatoes
@nangayo See, even Queen Elizabeth loves it.
@dpk262006 (54032)
I am not a fan of sweet potato because you cannot have it in a larger quantity or take it as a food. Once in a while it is okay.
Well for those not in diet, they can just eat it when they feel like it.
@dpk262006 (54032)
@SIMPLYD It is not available here through the year. We get sweet potato in winter months here.
@dpk262006 Oh, I see.
@wongchoiyee (6537)
Yes I like as my mom likes it too.
How do you like it cooked? Only by boiling?
@SIMPLYD boiling
@tom_view (2584)
• Kolkata, India
that is great.
Do you have sweet potatoes there in India? Are Indians fond of it, as food?
@tom_view (2584)
• Kolkata, India
@SIMPLYD i ndians like potatoes.
@tom_view That's good to know.
I love eating sweet potatoes,too. I just love its sweetness.
So you to love it. What do you like partnering it with? I like putting butter on it.
@SIMPLYD I like to eat it plain.
@eliza_godinez12 That's good, because butter is fattening. But I like it so much with butter.
@Madshadi (3566)
• Brussels, Belgium
I only like them baked. And I eat them with white cheese.
Indeed they are so good baked. The nutrients are intact unlike when boiled, it loses some of its nutrients by boiling.
@Madshadi (3566)
• Brussels, Belgium
@SIMPLYD and they are crusty