Yep, it's that time of year...

By JJ
There is some kind of problem with the thermostat at work. Mainly, the guy that hooked it up did it wrong. At first, the heater wouldn't work at all, but he fixed that part. But what he still hasn't fixed is that if you turn the heater on, it starts heating...and keeps heating...until you turn it back off. Which means when I first go there in the morning, it is cold...and I have to turn the heater on to warm it up. But I can't leave it on when I leave since it doesn't shut itself down after it reaches a certain temperature...it just keeps on going...like the Energizer Bunny on steroids. But it was 50 F/10 C when I got there this morning, which is too cold to work, so I turned the heater on and came back home for an hour while it starts warming up. Hopefully the guy gets it fixed soon...when it gets to below freezing out I'm not gonna want to go in to turn it on and then come back and wait and go there again later.
Yeah that is dangerous, could cause a fire.
@WorDazza (8549)
• Manchester, England
We don't need a heating system in work. There's enough hot air coming from the management!!
@BarBaraPrz (17361)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
@nanette64 (13219)
• Fairfield, Texas
Oh now, that's a good one @WorDazza .
@WorDazza (8549)
• Manchester, England
@nanette64 I've often said that if I could invent a system that could be fitted to meeting rooms that could harness the hot air being spouted by managers and re-circulate it throughout the building, I'd make a fortune!!
That is obnoxious.
@peachpurple (9949)
Hope that he will fix it right
@Morleyhunt (15946)
That can be frustrating. The baseboard heater in our front hallway was accidently disconnected ten years ago whe an idiot did some renovations (I could write a book). Since the...we keep the door closed in the winter and use it as an extra fridge. This is handy at Christmas.
That sounds like my workspace-cold! The little area that my desk is in is actually not insulated, so we rely on a space heater. And I am always turning that thing down because its either too hot or too cold. Quite often when I turn it off I tell people that I forgot to bring my stick and marshmallows
I hope they fix that thermostat. Our thermostat problem is we can't agree on where to set it. My husband does not appreciate when I suggest he put on a sweater.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
That's horrible why didn't he fix everything at once?
Because he's an idjit...but he's cheap
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@JolietJake Well. The added brain cells might be worth the extra bucks.
@kobesbuddy (17188)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@JolietJake Cheap idjits can cause the building to burn down!:(
@spiderdust (2710)
• San Jose, California
How soon is the company getting it fixed?
When the guy finally shows up to fix it...might be next year at the rate it's going
• San Jose, California
I don't understand why it is taking so long to fix that thing.
I think the guy is intimidated by it...he hasn't been doing this long and sometimes doesn't appear to know exactly what he is doing
Yikes! I hope it does get fixed soon, that would be frustrating.
@FourWalls (9521)
My boss is from Alaska and he likes the entire office to feel like Nome in February.
I hope it gets fixed too. You definitely will not get as much work done if you have to go back and forth all the time when the really cold weather hits.
I hope the guy fixes it soon, it's dangerous if it keeps heating and it does not turn off.
@BarBaraPrz (17361)
• St. Catharines, Ontario
How about a little plug in electric heater until the big one gets up to speed? Then turn it off until you leave for the day. Turn off the big one and put the little one on for overnight.
@LoriAMoore (9745)
That's just ludicrous.
Hopefully it will get fixed soon before it causes a fire or something.
@tzwrites (3451)
You're on heater duty...
@Madshadi (3566)
• Brussels, Belgium
I hope you won’t have to pay him twice. I don’t think he should get paid for the unfinished job. Unless of course, you are too generous
Hope it gets fixed before the cold weather really hits.