Tuesday Coffee Chit Chat

Happy Tuesday Everyone! It's a bit on the cloudy side here today but the forecast says no rain. Should I believe them? We all know a weather prediction can be wrong I'm so mad at myself this morning as I realized I forgot to pay a bill at the beginning of the month. I had it on my desk with my other bills that were due and somehow I entered it in my checkbook without actually paying it. Now it's going to be very late and incur a late fee. I'm going to call and see if they'll wave the late fee since I'm always on time with my payments. Can't hurt to try as I really hate to pay a late fee in addition to the bill itself. I don't know why I've been so scatter-brained lately. There's nothing going on to make me so distracted and yet I feel like I'm out of my routine. Even my daily check-in here at myLot has been haphazard. Aside from the holidays being right around the corner I have to register my car and also renew my drivers license before Christmas. Finding time to get to the DMV is also a pain but I don't know anyone who enjoys the idea of going to the DMV. At least my daughter will go with me so I'll have some company while we wait. I'm about 3/4 of the way through the current book I'm reading which is Finders Keepers by Stephen King (the sequel to Mr. Mercedes). It's really good and I'm hoping to finish it soon. Now as I finish up my coffee I'll be checking to see what's happening here today. Hope you're having a good day
Going to the DMV is the same here. No matter when you go there is always a long wait. I hope that they will waiver the late fee on your bill. Enjoy your day.
I'm not looking forward to going to the DMV but that's unavoidable. However, they did waive my late fee on my bill which makes me very happy
@Marilynda1225 oh nice i am glad to hear that
Just curious here: if the book is so good, why are you hoping to finish reading it soon? Don't you want to stay in the warmth atmosphere of a good book?
I love a good book and hate when it ends but I'm at the point where it's so good that I hate to put it down. Since I have so many other books on my "to read" pile I'm sure I'll be into another one soon.
Yuck, don't like DMV at all either. It's always a forever long wait. I hope you have a great day. =)
I dislike going to get my license renewed also. Thankfully I don't have to worry about the stickers for the plates, as both vehicles are in both of our names, but in my husband's name first, so they are due during the month of his birthday and not mine. I wish that you were closer to me, its a beautiful bright and sunny day here. I'd enjoy a cup of coffee with you in a sun-filled room.
I would really enjoy a cup of coffee with you in your beautiful sun filled room. At least we can have our virtual coffee together
@Marilynda1225 Yes, and I always look forward to a day off during the week so that we can do that.
@prashu228 (22254)
Weather predictions are mostly wrong here..lol.. it's drizzling all the day and wind blowing heavily... have a nice day
Weather like that makes me wish we were going into the spring rather than the long winter days ahead.
The weather predictions are almost always wrong here. . Dmv is not a fun place to be but sometimes can be in and out. Hope you have a nice day
@JustBhem (20855)
• Davao, Philippines
Coffee is the best way to start my day. Have a good one.
@FayeHazel (10878)
"Finders Keepers" was a great book! You have a good point, you know you'll have to pay the bill anyway, the least you can do is ask if they can knock off the late fee. Maybe they won't, but maybe they will.
I am so happy that my call did remove my late fee from my bill. I don't know how I manged to forget to pay it I am anxious to see how Finders Keepers ends and I'm only about 50 pages from finishing it.
@FayeHazel (10878)
@Marilynda1225 Ah -- it's easy to forget sometimes. I'm happy you got them to remove the late fee
I am having a much better day so far.
that makes me so happy to hear that you're having a better day Fredo
@Luap1050 (175)
How old of a novel is this Stephen King book ...early or late in his career?
It's from his more recent stuff with Finders Keepers released in 2016. Mr Mercedes the #1 book in this trilogy came out the year before
It is a pain to forget a bill. Mine are usually seared into my consciousness. One great thing is that a nearby town actually has a DMV..but I do everything DMV related online.
I can only do some of it online but still have to go to the DMV to have my picture taken for my drivers license renewal. I hate pictures
Have a good day. Finders Keepers is pretty good.
I'm enjoying it very much and am anxious to see how it ends. I hear there is another one after this which I downloaded recently.
I called once due to my one and only late-fee that occurred in my life, and the late fee was removed. I think it is a good idea to give a call.
I am so happy that my call did remove my late fee from my bill. I don't know how I manged to forget to pay it
It is a good day so far. I'm sorry you missed paying a bill and hope they wave the fee for you.
@Blondie2222 (17759)
Well that's a bummer you thought you paid the bill and didn't. I hope they will waive the late fee for you. Hope you get your car registration etc done in time before the due date. Have a great day
@fishtiger58 (30304)
• Momence, Illinois
The DMV here is horrible. The place is always packed and the wait is unbearable. Seems because of that the employees are always rude and mean.
@Bopsalay (157)
• Phuket, Thailand
I like drink coffee before working day
I am just about to have another cup of coffee myself :)
When we go to place here there is no waiting at all not even at the DMV. Only 22,000 people.
I need to get back to reading king.