Do I like Danish Modern or what?

Pleasant Hill, California
This is a picture of my listening room as of tonight. The speakers playing are Acoustic Reseach AR-3as. They were made in 1968 or so and were recently repaired by yours truly. The four speakers stacked up on the subwoofer are Dynaco A-25s, made in 1970 or so. Pairs of Marantz Imperial 6s and KLH 6s are hidden in the background. All are silent, as I listen to the ARs. As you can see, the speakers I restore share a "Danish Modern" look, with dark wood and light grilles. I should really get an Eames Chair to complete the decor, but I have a large couch instead. Do you like the look? If I were to buy a house here it would be a 1950s Eichler, which invites this kind of decor.
@FourWalls (13796)
Looks okay to me, except you don’t have enough albums. And the sad thing? Here I am, looking at the album spines, trying to see if I recognize any of the albums!
• Pleasant Hill, California
There are more "off screen," to the right, under my tiny TV. That's where my Seldom Scene and Jesse Winchester live.
I like the look.
• Pleasant Hill, California
Thank you! I do too. I'm currently working on a pair of speakers for a "customer." I'm confident they'll look really nice when they're done.
@peachpurple (12875)
your listening room looks cool for any guy, I never had any listening room, I think this is alright.
• Pleasant Hill, California
I'm listening to classical music right now through the AR-3as. The sound is quite nice.
@peachpurple (12875)
@TheHorse that is nice
• Pleasant Hill, California
@peachpurple Do you have the opportunity to listen to music through really good stereo systems? It really does make a difference!
I am no decorator and I always say, people like what people like. My dream home would be more toward industrial, if I had to money to build and furnish it as I like, I also love the art deco era.
Your listening room looks good to me. I did not like a lot the furniture of the 50's, I prefer more rounded forms and always real wood.
• Pleasant Hill, California
My listening room is kind of cuddly and warm, but I think my speakers would look good with airy and light looking Eames chairs...
@TheHorse We had those chairs in Monte-Carlo, we have sold them when we moved here.
• Pleasant Hill, California
...in an Eichler house. We recently played a gig in one, and I fell in love with it They're sort of a "poor man's Frank Lloyd Wright."
@kobesbuddy (46742)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Everything is right where you can find it and a very, cozy listening room. I love the dark wood on the speakers you restored, they're nicely done!:)
• Pleasant Hill, California
Thanks! I like the light screens. It provides a more "open" look.
@kobesbuddy (46742)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@TheHorse I agree, such a nice job you did!:)
A chair like this?
• Pleasant Hill, California
Heh. More squishy and comfortable. But still "light" looking.
@TheHorse Squishy? According to the dictionary, a chair can't be squishy. What does it mean in your vocabulary?
@TheSojourner (17454)
I need you to set up a Listening Room for me. I just found boxes and boxes of CDs.
I thought you were listening to all of them. That would rock!
@Fleura (7191)
They look good, clean lines, ageless in a way. I could use your help here, my amp has stopped working on one side and I don't know how to begin to find the fault : (
• Rochester, New York
That is a lot of speakers!