My New Addiction

Upper Branches of Gum Tree in my Neighborhood
@bagarad (7917)
Paso Robles, California
I mentioned in a previous post that I have a new addiction. It's Clickasnap. I joined a year ago, uploaded about ten photos, and let it sit until last week. Suddenly I decided that I really enjoyed sharing photos there and seeing the photos of others, and having the chance to earn a few pennies as people viewed my pictures. My free membership lets me upload just seven photos a day, but right now that's enough. So far I have 91 photos uploaded and they average about ten views apiece. I have 50 followers. I'm pretty happy with that for a week's active participation. I find that looking at the work of other hobbyists and the professionals on the site helps me see photography in a new way and encourages me to try new approaches. I still like nature photography best, and most especially I like photographing and studying trees. I take pictures of all the views I can to make sure I've got close-ups of leaves, bark, fruits, and many artististic views, if possible. Then I have something to go on when I take out my field guides. It frustrates me when I can't figure out how to identify a tree. Do you take photography seriously? Are you a Clickasnap member? In case you are and want to connect there, I use the Barbrad handle. I'd love to see what you've done. If photography isn't your thing, do you have some other hobby where you express your creativity? If so, how did you get into it?
@YrNemo (8589)
I wish I could play piano or guitar beautifully. They all need practice, lots, and I can't afford the time to do that. (Used to be very good when I was a teen. Now, just lukewarm!)
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
I used to enjoy playing both, but never had lessons and never got good. Just did it mostly for myself.
@YrNemo (8589)
@bagarad I used to use flickr. I still have some photos there I think.
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
@YrNemo I still have some there, too.
Is there a referral link that will help you if I join? If so leave it for me on facebook, I would live to join.
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
Referral links aren't necessary. I'll send you my profile link so that we can find each other.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I just joined I will look for you. I haven't figured out how to upload a photo.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@bagarad I found it finally..and my problem with uploading photos was because I was on the mobile website. But I follow you, my screen name there is southernfriedliv
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
@thislittlepennyearns I remember that name. I think I did find and follow you.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@bagarad Okay cool. I'll hopefully have time today to look through your pictures.
This sounds a good site. The free option is a good idea too. I guess if you want to you can take a different option later.
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
Yes. I may upgrade later. I was going to do it this week. It's like three pounds a month, or maybe it's five if you don't pay a year up front. Then I realize I won't have time to upload more than 7 photos a day for a while anyway for a while. What's nice is that if you upgrade for a month, you can always downgrade. If you aren't trying to sell your photos there, downgrading wouldn't make a difference. You'd just have a month to upload a lot of your very best photos at once and start accumulating paid views faster. But I'm going to wait. I have over a hundred photos there now and over a dollar in paid views.
@bagarad That's all sounds good. Hope you're able to earn something there over time.
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
@JudyEv It won't make me any richer than what I do here, but I enjoy it.
@lady1993 (15626)
wow i have never heard of that. i like taking pictures of plant and animals, way up close... but i do not share them i think i may join this though, can you pm me a referral link?
@lady1993 (15626)
@bagarad oh, thank you for that info may i ask for your username instead?
@lady1993 (15626)
@bagarad thanks for that i'll try it this weekend
@sjvg1976 (14617)
No i am not on to any site where one can upload images. Moreover I don't like photography.
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
Everyone is different. What do you like to do when you have free time?
@sjvg1976 (14617)
@bagarad I like to watch t.v. and talk to my kids when have leisure time.
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
@sjvg1976 I don't much like TV, but I did used to enjoy talking to my kids when they were around. Talking to kids is one of the most important things you can do.
@Dyvette16 (1356)
• San Antonio, Texas
Love the picture . I like to take pictures as well when I see a beautiful sight , I have not heard of this before but I will definitely check it out !
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
Be sure and message me if you join so I can see your photos. Sometimes it's hard to find a profile if you aren't sure of the user name.
@Dyvette16 (1356)
• San Antonio, Texas
@bagarad will definitely do ! Will probably look around it first
• Denmark
Is there fixed amount of money you earn per view?
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
It's currently 0.14 cents per view. A view is counted as a paid view if someone looks at your photo for at least five seconds on the photo page -- not as an embed in a feed or any other way.
@Bopsalay (157)
• Phuket, Thailand
Nice shoot bro
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
I'm a woman. Did you know that?
Sounds like lt is a great site,however I usually just use my smartphone to take some photos of something ,which are nothing to write home about.The tree in the picture looks like eucalyptus.
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
It is a eucalyptus, but they are also called gum trees.
@responsiveme (14414)
That looks like an eucalyptus tree...Good photo
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
It is a eucalyptus tree. They grow like weeds in California. I believe in Australia they are known as gum trees.
@kepweng (6388)
nice you look like happy with these website are they are Paying if you shared your photos??
@bagarad (7917)
• Paso Robles, California
They don't pay you for posting your photos. They give you a payable view if someone from on or off the site looks at one of your photos for five seconds or more. When your payable views add up to $25 you get paid.