Half Way Mark

Good Wednesday morning to everyone! Today marks the half way point of the work week, our weekend is only a couple of days away now. Today also marks the half way mark thru the month, which means that there are only a couple of weeks left until we turn that calendar again. November is my least favorite month of the year. Its dark, its a month of transition as far as the weather goes in our region. So the fact that its half way over is wonderful in my mind. What do you think?
November has always been my least favorite month, but this November is not too bad. We have beautiful sunny days, with a clear blue sky. It's cold in the morning, but still not too bad for the season.
I think that if we had a holiday during the month of November it wouldn't be so bad in my opinion. We reflect on Nov 11th, out of respect, but Ontario and the Northwest Territories are the only 2 places Canada that do not observe it as a stat holiday.
@Juliaacv We have no holidays at all during the month of November here.
@LadyDuck, It is great that you are having a good November.
I think the months race by faster every year. I am thinking of rising a bit earlier every day - 5 a.m. instead of 6a.m. - so that I can do all the things I would like to do every day.
Wow, you must be very busy.
@Juliaacv I supply Caribbean dolls (handmade by me) to the tourist shops - and the winter season is our busiest. I also write , paint and Mylot. Recently I have discovered that I am spending less time reading books by my favorite authors - and I am not happy about that.
@Kandae11 You are a busy lady! Given the nature of your business I can totally understand that you must be gearing up for the busy season.
I like November, maybe because it's my birthday month or because the weather starts cooling off some here. =) I hope you enjoy your day!
We take down our autumn decorations the first week of November-in respect for Nov 11th. And we don't put up our Christmas decorations until at least the end of the month, and our clocks went back this month, so there is more darkness. And it gets cold. And I could go on, but those are the main reasons that I don't like November. But......I like it for your birthday!
@Juliaacv I understand about it getting dark earlier-not so much a fan of that. Lol.
@LovingMyBabies And what date is your birthday in November? I am on the 7.
I usually like November. This year I'm just - meh. lol. Need to go get some 2018 calendars before this month is over, as I like to do them this month.
I bought mine last summer-can you imagine? I have to find a small one for my purse, haven't found 1 yet.
@Juliaacv do you have dollar tree there? They always have them..
@Courtlynn Yes we do. There is 1 on my way into work today, on Thursdays I have to work at the other dealership. I'll stop on my way by, they didn't have any the last time that I was there, but I'll try today. Thanks!!
I love November. It's Novel Writer's Month, and I'm doing just that, taking part in a 50K challenge that I've almost finished with as I'm at 38K +. I'll be at minimum 10K from finishing by the end of the day and most likely a lot more.
That's great, you're doing so well!
@Juliaacv Thank you.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
I'll probably end up working the weekend. So I don't put a lot of faith in weekends. But I have tomorrow off.
I hope that your day off tomorrow is wonderful and relaxing. I had yesterday off and it was relaxing and yet productive. I will be back to work today.
• Ponce De Leon, Florida
@Juliaacv I have Saturday off too I think.
Although November is my birthday month, I do not like it either.
When will you celebrate?
I am not a fan of November either. It is a chilly, rainy, gray day here which is characteristic of November.
That's the way it was here today, and I don't like the darkness of this month, I'm never used to the time change.
I think it's wonderful that soon Te Christmas joy will be spread all over the place.
I know, I look forward to late November as it will just be starting about then.
@KrauseHome (35341)
Now for me, November is not too bad of a month. For some reason though I have always tended to get sick right around Thanksgiving though, and am sure it is something to do with Bad memories from my childhood. But I actually Love November and all the color changes. etc. This is a time to be Thankful.
@ebanreb (6935)
Goodluck and enjoy the rest of it.
November is a good month for us as it's warming up but isn't usually stinking hot like December and January can be.
It seems every month flies by these days.