Dear Mr MYLOT! Please Change the 'Suggest' Option!

followers
Denmark
Today I felt the urge to suggest a discussion to myLot members I know and who - I assume - will like it, too. In the two years and one month, I've been on the site this urge has overcome me perhaps three times. The last time was a long time ago and I had forgotten that what I saw when I clicked on 'Suggest' had already annoyed me the last times I had used this function. A long list of names appears. Who are all these people? My followers! I can't believe it. What do I care for my followers? I follow 32 people and have 700 followers !! That's absurd. It reminds me of the site bubblews where members boasted with the number of their followers which reached up to 9.000 as I remember. Did they also have thousands of reads, Likes and comments? No, they didn't. Same here. I scrolled through about one-third of the list until I got bored. I recognised a few names but the vast majority means nothing to me. I have a good visual memory and I can say that they *never* appear in the Recent Discussions list. They are what Germans call 'One Day Flies'. The English term is mayfly, the zoological term is ephemera. They don't really disturb me because I don't see them if I don't click on the 'Followers' list but I'd love to be able to delete their names nevertheless. I don't want to be associated with such silly people. When I want to suggest a discussion, I want to see the list of people I FOLLOW! Dear Mr MyLot, can you please install this option?
To be honest, I would not care for that at all. I stopped following people basically because of suggestions...I don't want to suddenly start getting them from people just because they follow me. If you want, delete the people following you from the list that you don't wish to see there. Yes, it will take time, but why should I be inconvenienced just so you are not inconvenienced?
• Denmark
@JolietJake Please tell me the secret how I can delete people who follow me from the list.
@MALUSE Visit their profile. Block and then unblock them. Once you 'block' someone it stops them from following you.
I’d like to know as well as my list only shows suggest but not to delete them. I thought by not following people back they couldn’t suggest posts to us now I’m all confused.
Oh man no wonder it takes me so long to go through the list of those to suggest a post to. I assumed they were all people I used to follow in the old mylot days. I really like this post and think it would be much better if we only saw in the suggest those WE are connected to equally.
I don't want suggestions from anyone. Why should over 700 people suddenly be able to send me suggestions just because THEY follow ME?
@JolietJake Maybe it would be better if we were able to chose in the settings if we allow people to suggest things to us or not.
@JolietJake I see where you misunderstood what I meant. I was thinking for some reason we had to be connected like I follow you and you follow me to allow people to suggest but that is wrong according to this post.
I am not a suggester of discussions. Just never felt the need to do so. Oh well.
The followers are the ones interested in reading your discussions. The reason on why you follow a certain writer - you have read, like, responded, can relate to what they have written and probably wants to read more of what they can offer. Thus the suggest button, so they can give you more to read, more to interact with. The 32 people that YOU FOLLOW are not the ones reading your discussions. (not unless they followed you back) So why suggest write-ups/discussions to the ones that you follow? They're not the ones who have read your work. They're not the ones who are interested.
You can't suggest your own discussions. The 'suggest' feature is for suggesting discussions written by other users.
• Denmark
@AllforHim Pity that you haven't read my post attentively. The people I follow are my regular readers. To be honest, I could delete them. They'd read my discussions nevertheless. As I've explained in detail, most of the followers are NOT interested in my discussions. They've added their name and that was it. The reason behind this is, of course, the idea that this may lure me to their site to read their discussions.
@pgntwo (21696)
• Derry, Northern Ireland
@MALUSE Haha, that's what you think.... I said:.....
@Platespinner (18472)
I find the "followers" bit rather misleading myself. As to the problem with making suggestions, I've never encountered it...because I've never felt to urge to suggest a post to another user.
• Denmark
Maybe it's best to ignore the Suggest option.
@MALUSE That's what I am inclined to do.
@STOUTjodee (3347)
Why "suggest?" When I write a post I hope that people will respond without me having to "suggest" it to them!!
You can't 'suggest' your own posts, the feature is to 'suggest' posts written by other people that you think someone might be interested in
@Morleyhunt (16527)
I think that was the reason that I never (maybe once) make suggestions. I find they often annoy me when I see them in my inbox.
not sure what to make of this.I do not bother with any of this.I just do a post.Not interest what they have out there. I have not see this list.Then I do not follow anyone.Just read what I want to read and some of my friends here.
I perfectly agree with you on this. I have a very hard time suggesting discussions because I get the list of those who follow me. I have 951 followers, I think that the half of them are no more active. How can I go through a list of 951 people?
@sishy7 (27204)
The suggest list is in alphabetical order. But yes, I understand it can be annoying to have to keep scrolling to find the one we are looking for especially if it starts with a 'Z'...
@sishy7 Many who those who follow me are not active. I have deleted about 20 this morning, most of them with 1 or 2 discussions and no interaction. It is interesting anyway to see how many of those I follow and with whom I interact every day do not follow me, interesting to know.
@sishy7 (27204)
@LadyDuck I know that... I, for one, do not follow many of whom I interact with a lot...
Good suggestion. Users list is just a number and all what it does is gives the site a boost. But not to those who are followed. I am sure @GoAskAlice will pay attention to your plea. I mentioned his name here as you did not
@sishy7 (27204)
But that link takes us to a 'Whoops!'...
@sishy7 I noticed it too. I have done it correctly Is there any other way?
@sishy7 (27204)
That's the 'name' he uses (same as your 'Always smiling')... But you should use his username as in your @allknowing
I tend to miss suggestions and they sit in my notifications for days before I realise that they're there! Basically, there's no point in suggesting any post to me because I won't even notice!
@poehere (17780)
• French Polynesia
I think that is why I never use this option and instead just write a post to suggest this to people.
@Ithink (6756)
I have been suggested to discussions but have never suggested one to anyone. That is a lot of followers!
@peachpurple (10922)
honestly, you are lucky to have 700 people following you. Yup, majority are not the active followers, they just want you to read their post or like and earn money, not for interactions.
People that you might call 'one day flies' we call one day wonders. I have 700 followers too but I don't think I can be bothered deleting them.
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
It would be better if it was those we follow. Because many who supposedly follow me are no longer active.
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@MALUSE very bizarre! And I don't have time to delete them.
@bluesa (12681)
• Johannesburg, South Africa
@MALUSE thank you, that is a great tip to help with my now and again insomnia!
@tzwrites (3791)
I find suggestions quite annoying actually. Some people keep suggesting things every day. BUT, I wouldn't mind some good discussions to read up on.
you can unfollow those that suggest posts to you every day.
• Portland, Connecticut
That would make a lot more sense and I would like to be able to unfollow those One Day Flies.
@Madshadi (4542)
• Brussels, Belgium
I don't remember suggesting a post to anyone before. I didn't need to do that yet but if I do I'd just tag them.
@bunnybon7 (33027)
• Holiday, Florida
don't they have a following tab? not sure. I have kind of had the same problem I think because it does seem to go page after page