A Little of This, A Little of That

Green Bay, Wisconsin
My day so far has been a busy long one. First, I got a good night's sleep last night. The nasal spray worked great! I was also up at 3 and in the pool by 5. It's payday for me and I needed to get to Wal-Mart, but not without my son's help. I called him to find out what he was up to, seeing as he's not supposed to work due to all the trouble he put his body through. He really messed up his back. He said he would be over in a minute. Now, he lives 15 minutes away, so I figured I had at least that much time. No, it was literally a minute. He was close to my place when I called him. We went to Wal-Mart where I picked up 8 folding chairs and a humidifier. I'm hosting the brunch next month and need the chairs. The last two months both brunches were attended by at least 16 women, including the host. Now, I have all the chairs I need. I also have the humidifier plugged in, here in the office. While my son was here, I discussed with him about changing the office around. He and his girlfriend did that for me, and you can see the table is no longer in front of the window. I thought I wouldn't like this set-up but a mere turn of my head works well for what is going on outside, which today is rain. I also find the desk is better where it's at. I can get at it easier than I did before. Now, notifications are done and I need to get some writing done. I didn't do an update yesterday like I planned to do after each 7 days. I got a lot done yesterday, and the plot problem I thought I had, is coming into focus, which is good. I also have 38,304 words so far. I will be over 40K today, which means I only have 10K to go to win the challenge, but I also have another little challenge of my own going and there is goal trackers to keep track of that. My personal goal is 80K, of which I need to be at 40K today, and will be without a problem. That is if I don't post this and get over to working on it. Need to see what my characters are up to today. How is your day going? Thanks for reading.
You did a lot today. I have to move my computer desk too as it is too sunny. But I keep postponing it.
• Midland, Michigan
I have plans for the same thing, but I have to clean the room before I can move the computer. I want to have mine facing the room rather than the window. I've tried it on all three walls and didn't like any for very long but for different reasons.
With my son here, it got done and it's in the perfect spot. The sun was bright today and didn't bother me while I was writing.
@MarshaMusselman I hope you find a place for it that you will like.
You are doing so well with your writing! I noticed the humidifier in the picture right away. I used to have one in my bedroom during the winter due to my asthma. Now I sleep with a CPAP machine and that has a built-in humidifier so I don't have to run the one for the whole room any longer.
Thanks, yes, I really like it. I'm thinking about moving it to my room, but I don't know where I would put it. The top of my dresser is to high for me to lift a full humidifier, and the small end table beside my bed already has what I need on it, so there's no room for it.
@just4him well, it isn't going to do your whole apartment. You'll need to have one for where you spend most of your time which I assume is your office and then one for your bedroom. These small models only do single rooms and only when you keep the doors to them closed to allow the humidity to them to build up. You could probably put it in your bedroom on the floor on a towel or something, not that I expect it to leak.
@NJChicaa That's a good idea.
Glad your son and his girlfriend could help you do that table and desk change. Also glad your notifications are done. I have cleared mine at least four times now. But I don't get more than 20-30 at a time. Any good stories for today?
I hit 40K yesterday and now I'm over 42K, so things are moving with the book.
@just4him yay! Thats awesome!
@Courtlynn Thank you.
Your office looks good. I'm sorry about your son's back. Many people seem to have back problems of one kind or another.
The doctor keeps telling him he needs to take it easy. He does for a few days, but then he needs to do something, and that something usually makes his back worse.
@just4him It is so difficult for younger men to hold off from doing something they think they should be able do or need to do.
@JudyEv Yes, it is. I don't think he'll ever really quit working.
@KristenH (25148)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Not bad, except it's super-rainy. It's also the 74th birthday of my mother if she would be alive today. Nice job on the word count and more for me. You can do it Valerie!
Thanks. It's going good.
@KristenH (25148)
• Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
I'm trying to think of the last real goal I had, besides losing weight. I guess it was just saving money in order to buy a TV. As for me today I went to the doctor, then ran a bunch of errands. Very exciting stuff!
I hope all is well at the doctor.
Y0ur office looks neat and well organized. I had an office chair similar to yours - very comfortable. Hope you win both challenges.
I'm on track to, thanks.
I don't use the spare room and I was thinking of something. I wonder how I would feel about making an office in there. I will talk to my guy about helping me. I try to keep the bedroom in case my aide needs to sleep over.
I like using the second bedroom as an office. It works out very well.
• Midland, Michigan
Your computer room looks great. I wouldn't be able to show mine; it's a mess. I did a little cleaning today but not as much as I wanted as one of my feet is swollen. Your story sounds exciting too.
Thanks, I didn't take a picture of the mess at the front of the room where I was taking the picture. Though it's not too bad. I'm sorry your feet are swollen. My story has its exciting moments. I'm working on that.
• Midland, Michigan
@just4him Only one foot is swollen, the other is normal. It could be related to a sore I have below my ankle bone and for which I've been wearing an Unna Boot again so it can heal from the inside out. The PA says the sore doesn't look like it's got an infection and that the swollen foot doesn't make sense, but she ordered an antibiotic just to be safe. I should have picked it up yesterday, but just got it at noon today. I'm hoping my foot will be closer to normal size by the time I have to cashier tomorrow. I knew my toes were swollen but didn't realize my whole foot was the same way until the dressings were taken off and reapplied. I did find out I can go in more often to get it reapplied rather than doing it only weekly as I had been doing. That way we can monitor things more closely. I'm also hoping it will make it more manageable for me.
@MarshaMusselman I hope the medication works to bring the swelling down. Good idea going in more often to have the bandages changed.
I think I would like the computer table where it is now so I could look out the window from the side and not be blinded or distracted.
It's working pretty good. We had sun today and it didn't bother me.
@just4him .....That's good. We had high winds and some showers. Snow in the mountains.
@bunnybon7 (37638)
• Holiday, Florida
sounds like you did great today. hope you are resting by now. mine was same as usual. quite boring and trying to take care of myself
I'm sorry you had a boring day. I did get a decent amount of sleep last night, and got more writing done today.
@bunnybon7 (37638)
• Holiday, Florida
@just4him yay!! good for you
Things are pretty good here better than they were anyway.
Glad to hear it.
So glad you son was available to help you today. Also good to hear you really do like the office arrangement now. That plot problem seems to be getting solved!
Yes, it is. I got a good handle on it today.
@kobesbuddy (57317)
• East Tawas, Michigan
Hey, I love the way your office is arranged, very neat and everything is where you can easily reach it. You will reach your goals, that's obvious to see:)
I'm working on it. Thanks.
@kobesbuddy (57317)
• East Tawas, Michigan
@just4him Your office is lovely!:)
@kobesbuddy Thank you.
@Shellyann36 (11269)
My day has been ok. I was worried this morning about my husband's new job but the problem has been resolved. Sounds as if you have been extremely busy. Do you put the eucalyptus drops in your humidifier? I find that I love the smell of them.
No, and the directions say not to put anything into the water.
@Shellyann36 (11269)
@just4him With ours the drops go in a small divot on top and not directly into the water.
@Shellyann36 I don't have that.
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
You sure stay busy. Today was house work, since I was off from actual work.
I try to stay busy, though writing isn't work, it's fun.
• Defuniak Springs, Florida
@just4him that's true too
A desk in front of a window is never a very good position to work, I think that this way is a lot better.
Thank you. It's working out good.
@fishtiger58 (30319)
• Momence, Illinois
Not sure what's going on today. we had a bit of a family emergency yesterday so I'm waiting to see how that is turning out.
I hope it wasn't life threatening.
@Elizaby (4080)
• Pensacola, Florida
Spent some time with a friend shopping at a discount store (Rose's Express) and found some women's fleece pants with good pocks for under 7 dollars (pockets are a must for me and most women fleece pants like Fruit of the Loom and Hnaes no longer have pockets) Only drawback is that I will have to cut some off and hem since they did not have petite sizes. But that is typical for me
I bought three pairs of fleece lined pants and didn't check about the pockets and they don't have them I'm glad you were able to find them with pockets. Sorry they weren't in petite.
Your office looks good. You are doing good on your next book.
Thank you. I'm finding I really like it this way. Thanks, I'm working hard on it.